PDA

View Full Version : I'm Back!!!

Sal-XK
09-10-2014, 03:52 AM
Monday I purchased a 2006 XK 5.7L QD2 76K miles on it limited fully loaded. That's right I bought another XK LOL. I don't have any pics because I bought it in a severe thunder storm and the dealer still has it. The are replacing the windshield, changing the front diff fluid, TC fluid,rear diff fluid and bringing in a car detail company today to spiff it all up. The best part and by far my favorite thing and I'll call it mod number 1 is it's going to the upholstery shop after that to get all brand new leather put it in it. So I will be getting the saddle brown leather installed at some point soon I hope ;) So I get to start out with blank canvas again and knowing what I know now this should be fun LOL

So I guess I'm back and will be hanging around a lot more. I'm off the road and a full time student now so I have more time than I did before and oddly more money LOL Haven't decided 100% on lift yet but leaning towards the superlift. I have been keeping up but I'm sure there are somethings I missed over the last year or so I'll be needing some advice. Going to go with the SA supper sliders, front and rear bumpers, and all the skid plates. Going to build an expedition vehicle this time for sure. Looking forward to hanging out again I missed you guys man!

Matt
09-10-2014, 04:26 AM
Welcome back buddy!!!!

Can't wait to see this build. :)

06JeepXKHEMI
09-10-2014, 05:45 AM
Oooooooooooooohhhh booooyy!!! Welcome back Sal, maybe Ill just have to go get another XK hahaha Adam was just asking me the other day. Looking forward to this build

Matt
09-10-2014, 05:49 AM
Do it! We need the whole crew back.

06JeepXKHEMI
09-10-2014, 06:35 AM
Do it! We need the whole crew back.

Love the Ram too much! Maybe Sals build will give me inspiration, he knows how to inspire people to spend money like you and Adam do!

Matt
09-10-2014, 07:32 AM
Lol... are we the 3 Amigos or the 3 stooges? Get confused sometimes!

06JeepXKHEMI
09-10-2014, 12:28 PM
Hahaha!!! funny started looking at Commanders, theres a 2010 Limited QDII with a SL and rear Dana 44??? I didnt realize any 4wd came with a rear Dana 44, but I verified the VIN and sure enough its right

Sal-XK
09-10-2014, 01:53 PM
Welcome back buddy!!!!

Can't wait to see this build. :)

Thanks Matt! I missed our technical thread conversations we use have. I'm adding RC to my list of parks I have to get to.

Oooooooooooooohhhh booooyy!!! Welcome back Sal, maybe Ill just have to go get another XK hahaha Adam was just asking me the other day. Looking forward to this build

The best part about buying one the second time is you know exactly what you're looking for. Also being in no rush meant I could take my time and find the one I want.

The only compromise I made was getting a red one. Which the longer I looked at it the more it grew on me. When I searched only 4 Xk's pop up that had everything I was looking for and most were over 100K in miles the ones that weren't were real expensive. So I found this one with low miles. The few things I wanted hands down no compromise were the 5.7L, QD2, saddle brown leather. It had the first two and getting offered to install the color leather I wanted sealed the deal. I can't wait to get so I can drive it and update my garage.

thance
09-10-2014, 02:24 PM
Great to have you back! When do the doors come off?

Core XK
09-10-2014, 03:32 PM
Welcome back, Sal.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Sal-XK
09-10-2014, 03:36 PM
Great to have you back! When do the doors come off?

Thanks and not a chance LOL Lots of things I don't plan on repeating with this one.

Welcome back, Sal.

Thanks man!

06JeepXKHEMI
09-10-2014, 03:47 PM
Yea Sal, I hear ya on getting exactly what you want.. I think that would be my problem if I were to get another one, I loved mine that color combo was one of a kind!!! Really looking forward to your plans here, how close are you to Charlotte??? Wouldnt mind putting a face to name finally turning some wrenches!

Matt
09-10-2014, 04:07 PM
Thanks Matt! I missed our technical thread conversations we use have. I'm adding RC to my list of parks I have to get to.

East Coast TUJ Summit at RC?? The theme will be "Sal Returns".... the "Sal'ing" poses must be epic... :)

This place hasn't been the same without you bud.

Matt
09-10-2014, 04:10 PM
Oh dude.... check to make sure 4-low works!! Did it have the N23 recall performed? If so, might want to make sure it gets the most recent flash

Sal-XK
09-10-2014, 05:04 PM
Yea Sal, I hear ya on getting exactly what you want.. I think that would be my problem if I were to get another one, I loved mine that color combo was one of a kind!!! Really looking forward to your plans here, how close are you to Charlotte??? Wouldnt mind putting a face to name finally turning some wrenches!

It takes me a couple of hours to get to Charlotte.

East Coast TUJ Summit at RC?? The theme will be "Sal Returns".... the "Sal'ing" poses must be epic... :)

This place hasn't been the same without you bud.

I'm down for that for sure! Gotta put like $5k in the XK first though :eek:

Oh dude.... check to make sure 4-low works!! Did it have the N23 recall performed? If so, might want to make sure it gets the most recent flash

One of the first things I checked on. I cycled the 4LO a few times and waited for codes to pop up. I then gave the guy over seeing all the extra work to Jeep very clear and explicit instructions not to do any recall work what so ever on the Jeep especially any computer updates. I went their in person to tell him to make sure he understood how serious I was. He looked at me kinda weird. LOL

UPDATE: I guess something was broke that I missed in the inspection. My sales guy said the refurbish guy was waiting on a door panel :confused: He was really confused so trying to figure out why the door panel was being replaced was like pulling teeth. I think he was trying to say the door handle was broke. But at least I'm getting a new something LOL. Then its going to the detail-er hopefully tomorrow. Then were meeting him at the upholstery shop to confirm the new color :) With any luck I'll have the Jeep next Monday. I was hoping for this week but I'll just have be patient I guess.

Matt
09-10-2014, 05:32 PM
Dude check out the Cooper ST Maxx tires for your build... they're probably going to be my next set; a really aggressive AT. They definitely have that "expeditionary" vehicle design.

https://theultimatejeep.com/images/imported/2014/09/3CooperDiscoveryTireSTMaxx103111-1.jpg

stites-xk
09-10-2014, 05:50 PM
Welcome back!!

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Sal-XK
09-10-2014, 05:54 PM
Dude check out the Cooper ST Maxx tires for your build... they're probably going to be my next set; a really aggressive AT. They definitely have that "expeditionary" vehicle design.

https://theultimatejeep.com/images/imported/2014/09/3CooperDiscoveryTireSTMaxx103111-1.jpg

Those are nice! What tires are you running now?

Welcome back!!

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Thanks Bro!

Matt
09-10-2014, 06:02 PM
Toyo AT-II's. They're nice tires... but i got them at the time expecting to upgrade to a more aggressive tread within a year and sell them (got a great price) after getting the Superlift, but never ordered (it was on backorder for like a year).

https://theultimatejeep.com/images/imported/2013/11/20131026105659_zps81950603-1.jpg

https://theultimatejeep.com/images/imported/2013/04/20130421171614_zps89021167-1.jpg

pjmjr508
09-11-2014, 06:29 PM
Welcome Back Sal. It is nice to see you in a XK again & can't wait to see more of the videos you will put out.

Sal-XK
09-11-2014, 06:59 PM
Welcome Back Sal. It is nice to see you in a XK again & can't wait to see more of the videos you will put out.

Thanks man! I've been paying attention to your XK. Looking forward to seeing all those parts get put on.

pjmjr508
09-11-2014, 09:34 PM
Thanks man! I've been paying attention to your XK. Looking forward to seeing all those parts get put on.

TY SIr. I can't wait. End of month is what I am hoping.

lekmedm
09-12-2014, 11:46 AM
Welcome home!

Sal-XK
09-12-2014, 04:18 PM
Welcome home!

Thank you!

Sal-XK
09-13-2014, 05:04 PM
Ok here is an update. I brought the Jeep home today which should be a happy day but I'm staying calm, almost! The door handle wasn't in and I got a "we owe" for the interior shop. Get in the Jeep fire up the AC nice and cool turn the head lights on and the AC goes off. :confused: The entire panel goes out when the lights are on. Go tell the guy the detailer must of got something wet and if it don't dry out they are fixing it. On the way home the wiper falls of the Jeep, and yes its pouring out LOL. The guy that put the new windshield in and broke the clips. So, quick trip to the parts store with no lights no wipers in an absolute down poor. :mad: Then I noticed a weird vibration up front while on the gas that's new LOL So I crawl underneath to take a look and noticed they didn't change my fluids like they said they did. I called guy and was pretty calm told him what happen and he agreed again to fix the problems. So Monday or Tuesday I'm bringing the Jeep back in. I did get some pics but in the garage because like I said it's nasty outside.

https://theultimatejeep.com/notfound.png

Matt
09-13-2014, 05:36 PM
Sounds like a well intentioned "welcome back sal!" from the jeep gods lol

pjmjr508
09-13-2014, 05:51 PM

LOL

Sal-XK
09-13-2014, 06:00 PM

I was definitely tested LOL The Jeep gods do have a sense of humor even if I don't think they are funny all the time.

LOL

Quiet from the peanut gallery LOL

06JeepXKHEMI
09-14-2014, 09:59 AM
It wouldn't be right if it were problem free!!!

LWM
09-16-2014, 05:21 AM
Welcome back... Like you really went anywhere :)

The_War_Wagon
09-16-2014, 07:46 AM
VEDDY nice... and it's ABOUT time! :p

Would LOVE to have THOSE seats... let you go find some saddle brown ones in a junkyard somewhere... :p

The_War_Wagon
09-16-2014, 07:48 AM
Ok here is an update. I brought the Jeep home today which should be a happy day but I'm staying calm, almost! The door handle wasn't in and I got a "we owe" for the interior shop. Get in the Jeep fire up the AC nice and cool turn the head lights on and the AC goes off. :confused: The entire panel goes out when the lights are on. Go tell the guy the detailer must of got something wet and if it don't dry out they are fixing it. On the way home the wiper falls of the Jeep, and yes its pouring out LOL. The guy that put the new windshield in and broke the clips. So, quick trip to the parts store with no lights no wipers in an absolute down poor. :mad: Then I noticed a weird vibration up front while on the gas that's new LOL So I crawl underneath to take a look and noticed they didn't change my fluids like they said they did. I called guy and was pretty calm told him what happen and he agreed again to fix the problems.

JUST went back and read this all the way through! :mad:

And they WONDER why I WON'T bring MINE in to the dealer for the N23 "fix"!!! :mad::mad::mad:

Sal-XK
09-16-2014, 05:22 PM
Welcome back... Like you really went anywhere :)

Thanks man! Ya I really never went to far LOL

VEDDY nice... and it's ABOUT time! :p

Would LOVE to have THOSE seats... let you go find some saddle brown ones in a junkyard somewhere... :p

I'm looking forward to getting these done.

JUST went back and read this all the way through! :mad:

And they WONDER why I WON'T bring MINE in to the dealer for the N23 "fix"!!! :mad::mad::mad:

Well, I have some good new so far. I brought the Jeep in today and talked to the manager and explained everything that was going on. I was all prepared for a fight or at least a hassle. The guy was very apologetic and kinda shocked when I told him my wipers flew of the Jeep. He took my list of concerns and drove the Jeep personally to the service department and said we will get this fixed. He came walking back and told me they were just sending my Jeep straight to the jeep dealer around the corner. Yes I again begged them to make sure no recalls or service updates were done to the computer. About 5 minuets later the old man showed up to pick me up and we saw my Jeep already being taken to the Jeep dealer. He even told me if I needed a car to drive just let him know. So crossing my fingers all goes well. Then I can go get my new interior installed and start making plans for the build.

ped4599
09-17-2014, 10:32 PM
welcome.... back.....again. although, i think most will agree that you never really left ;)

Lt_JWS
09-18-2014, 07:07 AM
Welcome back Sal!

Sal-XK
09-18-2014, 10:55 AM
welcome.... back.....again. although, i think most will agree that you never really left ;)

Welcome back Sal!

Thanks guys!

Sal-XK
09-19-2014, 11:34 AM
Latest update on the Jeep! The radio was installed wrong causing the AC to go out when the headlights were turned on LOL I kinda had a feeling that was the issue. Even told my wife I think the radio is installed wrong. Hopefully that clears up the crackling in the speakers now. The new door panel is in so that's going in as soon as they get the Jeep back from the Jeep dealer. I'm being very, very patient I think LOL

07JeepXK
09-19-2014, 03:21 PM
So how long until it's lifted and what are your plans for a lift? Welcome back!

Sal-XK
09-19-2014, 04:33 PM
So how long until it's lifted and what are your plans for a lift? Welcome back!

Thanks! Thinking about doing the super lift this time around. Not sure on the time line yet. The wife wants a camper so that might have to come first. She doesn't want anything to fancy so I'm not worried about it. But the lift will most likely be the first mod I do besides the interior which already paid for. Than tires and wheels than armor.

Sal-XK
09-25-2014, 06:16 PM
Update for those who aren't on facebook.

The dealer called. The noise I was hearing was the rear diff, it's shot! The front diff needed new seals as well. It has low miles but I don't think the PO new what maintenance was. Anyway they gave me a 2014 Fusion to drive in the mean time. Now I pray they don't mess it up.

06JeepXKHEMI
09-26-2014, 06:05 AM
Guess thats good news, at least youre getting an overhauled rear diff and front diff service! Sucks you have to wait but being optimistic is the best idea.. Also gives you more time to gather accessories!!!

Sal-XK
09-26-2014, 09:53 AM
Guess thats good news, at least youre getting an overhauled rear diff and front diff service! Sucks you have to wait but being optimistic is the best idea.. Also gives you more time to gather accessories!!!

Shopping for a replacement car for the wife to drive so no extra dollars right now LOL. Getting rid of her Passat to get rid of vehicle payments :) Then I have to get her a camper and then finally start modifying the XK. She doesn't really like the WK I tried talking her into that LOL She liked the LR discovery but dependability is an issue with that. Tried Toyota 4 Runner but not sure she likes that either. Was hopping to get a support vehicle out of it LOL or maybe one that could tow her camper but oh well.

lekmedm
09-27-2014, 06:40 AM
I've been a fan of the Discos ever since the Camel Trophy days. I don't really think they are less dependable than the XK. They just have their own problems. I spent some time on the LR forums reading up. For the most part, they seem to have electrical gremlins, but those have been identified. There's always the air suspension, if equipped. The power train is, generally, pretty solid.

Just my 2¢.

Sent from wherever my Jeep takes me.

Sal-XK
09-27-2014, 04:47 PM
I've been a fan of the Discos ever since the Camel Trophy days. I don't really think they are less dependable than the XK. They just have their own problems. I spent some time on the LR forums reading up. For the most part, they seem to have electrical gremlins, but those have been identified. There's always the air suspension, if equipped. The power train is, generally, pretty solid.

Just my 2¢.

Sent from wherever my Jeep takes me.

She liked the way the LR looked and almost sold her on it when she seen how nice the the interior was. But she's a car person that what she said LOL I might still work on that though.