PDA

View Full Version : This site has been dead lately!!!

07JeepXK
01-02-2015, 06:40 AM
I noticed no one posts here anymore. Did everyone sell their XK's or something??

Matt
01-02-2015, 06:48 AM
I think a lot of us have slowed down our modding... since we've done almost everything. New XK owners seem aren't bothering with forums, they're all on FB. There are always relevant questions which I normally reply with a link to an answer/how-to on here.

Idea might be to give some new guys links to the garage forum and tell them to start a garage thread to document their build... something that FB isn't good for.

stites-xk
01-02-2015, 07:01 PM
Sorry I haven't been on lately! Haven't done much to the XK with buying our first house and our first kid is on the way! She is due in march. The jeep had to put on the Bach burner for a while.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

xk2006
01-02-2015, 07:35 PM
yes your all right. its been quiet, many have sold, many good mods already done and working good, and like stites (or at least him soon to be) i am a new dad and the xk has been sidelined …until now. i need new tires and i figure i update on things a bit. couple years ago i went from the 2" hockey pucks to the ome springs front and back and shocks in front, i already had mll in back made for xk, and riding all this on falken wild peak 265/65/17. well for christmas i bought spidertraxx 1.5 spacers for all four corners, mll made for f-150, and also new spider euro black out headlights to get rid of the dull 9 year old cataract stricken headlights. now for tires on the fence between 265/70/17 which will neither add or subtract width but give me almost an inch of diameter (.5 off the ground), or 255/75/17 which will take away .5 inch of width but add 1.5 of diameter (.75 off the ground). i absolutely hate the falkens, i barely got 35k miles on them and they are bald, i previously had the firestone destination a/t and got almost 60k out of them. usually 90% road and highway, and 10% off road. so then, which brand and size do i go with. lets see the many opinions. can't wait to see the headlights cuz my xk is silver and i think it will look wicked up front.

The_War_Wagon
01-02-2015, 08:12 PM
Ramcharger's been taking all my time!

07JeepXK
01-03-2015, 05:41 AM
I haven't done many mods on mine recently either. I did however just replace my transfer case last night used a used unit as well as a new Mopar transfer case **** motor. Next will be replacing my front lower ball joints, struts and cv's as both are making noises. I'm pondering going with RCV shafts but not sure I want to sink $2000 into the XK as I just rolled 171,000 miles. I'll at least get new dealer cv's as the cheap auto parts store cv's only last a few months

The_War_Wagon
01-03-2015, 07:33 AM
And a LOT of us are waiting for the 2016 XL - the GRAND Wagoneer - to trade up! https://theultimatejeep.com/images/imported/2015/01/woohoodancingbananasmileyemoticon-1.gif

https://theultimatejeep.com/images/imported/2015/01/016b4766c25b6736c0600c901d4cf6ec-1.jpg

We are gonna make allowance for these as part of OUR "Ultimate Jeep" board, no?

Matt
01-03-2015, 07:56 AM
I'd probably go with a newer suburban or yukon xl over that. Although the XK was a "small" 7 seater, it had true off road capabilities, something I don't see the new Grands having. We'll see what the specs and prices are when they come out, but I have a feeling a Suburban will have more room, better towing, just as much "capability" and comparably priced (if not cheaper)

Matt
01-03-2015, 08:23 AM
Throw a leveling kit on this thing with some 285 or 305 wide 33" aggressive tread tires and call it a day. Seats 8 comfortably and plenty of space for our family vacations.

https://theultimatejeep.com/images/imported/2015/01/2015chevroletsuburban005-1.jpg

The_War_Wagon
01-03-2015, 10:28 AM
Chitterlet?!?! Obamamotorwerks?!?! :eek:

Man cards, please.

https://theultimatejeep.com/notfound.png

We're JEEPERS! We MAKE the new Grand Wagoneer work, with 8" lift kits and bogger 40's!!!

NOTHING is over, until WE decide it is!!! Was it over, when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?!?! (NSFW language!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=q7vtWB4owdE

Matt
01-03-2015, 10:59 AM
Meh, I dont let brand loyalty nor politics make purchasing decisions for me :)

xk2006
01-03-2015, 01:18 PM
that grand wagoneer is fugly!!!

The_War_Wagon
01-03-2015, 02:43 PM
Meh, I dont let brand loyalty nor politics make purchasing decisions for me :)

Oh good - you buy based on quality!

Whew... you had me scared there for a moment. I thought you might ACTUALLY buy a Chitterlet! https://theultimatejeep.com/images/imported/2015/01/18-1.gif

that grand wagoneer is fugly!!!

Yeah, but I bet it gets 8mpg! That's a 25% IMPROVEMENT over my Ramcharger! ;)

Matt
01-03-2015, 03:57 PM
Oh good - you buy based on quality!

Whew... you had me scared there for a moment. I thought you might ACTUALLY buy a Chitterlet! https://theultimatejeep.com/images/imported/2015/01/18-1.gif

My last two GM trucks have been great. I actually more bias against chrysler/jeep after the N23 fiasco.

The_War_Wagon
01-05-2015, 05:42 AM
My last two GM trucks have been great. I actually more bias against chrysler/jeep after the N23 fiasco.

Well that's the DEALERSHIP!!! THEIR job is to sell refrigerators to Eskimos. :rolleyes:

My Jeep actually speeds UP when it goes by a Jeep dealer... not sure WHY that is... https://theultimatejeep.com/images/imported/2011/11/smileyfacewhistle2-1.gif

Can't imagine WHY it would end up at a dealer, outside of me being hospitalized and unconscious. So to prevent THAT from happening, I JUST picked up one of these little gizmos (http://shop.autocyb.com/products)!

https://theultimatejeep.com/notfound.png Good LUCK getting to the OBD port NOW!!! BWAH HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! :cool:

Sal-XK
01-05-2015, 09:37 PM
I've been busy with side jobs and the holidays myself. Also been hesitant on modding the new XK just yet. It might be put on camper hauling duty if I don't find a truck I want by spring time. In the meantime I'm collecting parts to give it an over haul over a warmer weekend. Going to do the plugs and wires pcv, water pump and thermostat stuff like that. Should be getting a programmer soon just can't decide on which one to get. Did anyone by the new one yet? The blue tooth one that uses a tablet?

Tymac
01-06-2015, 12:04 PM
I sold traded mine in Feb 2013 because of my 70 mile round trip to my new job. I have a couple hot rods I'm finishing up to sell and a 76' original show truck I brought home from Colorado this passed summer. Once these are done and gone I'll build another Commander. https://theultimatejeep.com/images/imported/2015/01/327b1c0d10a449ff15b45fd79dc115e3-1.jpghttps://theultimatejeep.com/images/imported/2015/01/58e968515b4551c434341a535ed861e6-1.jpg

06JeepXKHEMI
01-07-2015, 01:25 PM
I stop by this site everyday to see the new posts, mods, trips anything but there never is anything really. Even though I havent had the XK for awhile I still like to stay active with you guys. My Ram 1500 is up for sale, yea I know making another move hahaha, I have my eye on a 2012 Power Wagon Laramie, 68k miles with 35s on it already...
Glad to see everyone still here, looking forward to 2015 mods, Hey Adam I see you never posted on here when you buried the XK?!?! Thought that beast was "unstoppable"!?!?! ahahaha

The_War_Wagon
01-08-2015, 07:25 AM
I sold traded mine in Feb 2013 because of my 70 mile round trip to my new job. I have a couple hot rods I'm finishing up to sell and a 76' original show truck I brought home from Colorado this passed summer. Once these are done and gone I'll build another Commander.

Shoot, with all that experience, you should mosey over here and build MY Commander first! ;)

Core XK
01-09-2015, 04:29 AM
Yeah I definitely have not been very active here besides browsing. With new promotion and purchasing a home, my time has withered away. Things are starting to slow down now so hopefully I can get on more. How is everyone doing! Hope you all had a great holiday season.

For a Jeep related topic, my check engine has been going off and on about 4 times now in a few weeks. It usually goes off after I drive a bit. Maybe the system runs it's normal tests? When I have time I'll go have the codes pulled to see what's going on. Other then that, it sounds and performs like normal.

mrnavy2
01-09-2015, 06:05 AM
Mine xk is running pretty good but will need to get rear brakes replace this spring.

07JeepXK
01-09-2015, 06:46 AM
I stop by this site everyday to see the new posts, mods, trips anything but there never is anything really. Even though I havent had the XK for awhile I still like to stay active with you guys. My Ram 1500 is up for sale, yea I know making another move hahaha, I have my eye on a 2012 Power Wagon Laramie, 68k miles with 35s on it already...
Glad to see everyone still here, looking forward to 2015 mods, Hey Adam I see you never posted on here when you buried the XK?!?! Thought that beast was "unstoppable"!?!?! ahahaha

Andrew we got hit with a blizzard that left us with 5-6 feet of snow in less than 48 hours. As you know my transfer case was shot prior to and I had the rear locker out of the jeep at that time. Pulled it two months prior thinking it was causing the noise I was getting in the rear but turned out to be the rear drive shaft. Since the blizzard the rear locker has been reinstalled, new steel rear drive shaft and installed another used transfer case with a new mopar shift motor. So that's my excuse hahaha. The snow was up over my hood when I got stuck and I dug myself out with a shovel lol this picture was after about 30 min of digging myself out. Keep in mind this was on my street that hadn't been plowed in three days

https://theultimatejeep.com/images/imported/2015/01/FAA13B6FCF2B4DD78613204D51DDFD30_zpsmmdc-1.jpg (http://s208.photobucket.com/user/Airbornemp611/media/FAA13B6F-CF2B-4DD7-8613-204D51DDFD30_zpsmmdcm2jk.jpg.html)

The_War_Wagon
01-10-2015, 05:39 AM
Ugghh... we've had about 5" of snow the last couple of days - you can HAVE the FEET of snow. :p

Schools were delayed 2 hours - again - yesterday, so I missed the UPS man trying to drop off my lift goodies. Otherwise, I'd be posting tons o' pics. I hafta sign for this batch, so I gotta run up on my day off, no less, and try and catch him on Monday morning... with tons o' pics to follow!

07JeepXK
01-11-2015, 09:26 PM
Keep in mind that was a totally un plowed road and I have 34 inch tires. I shoveled around the tires and axles then took the picture. It was a crazy blizzard!

06JeepXKHEMI
01-12-2015, 06:51 AM
Hahaha fair enough!!! Just want to give you a hard time for you talkin **** about my STEELERS losing!!!

The_War_Wagon
01-12-2015, 02:24 PM
Hahaha fair enough!!! Just want to give you a hard time for you talkin **** about my STEELERS losing!!!

That's ok - the Pats said "Buh bye RATBIRDS" Saturday! ;)

https://theultimatejeep.com/images/imported/2015/01/sign02xm6-1.gif

Sal-XK
01-13-2015, 09:44 PM
So I met the wife for lunch today. After were done she jumps in the XK I jump in the YJ and guess which one wouldn't start LOL Yup the Jeep that is 17 years newer :eek: The YJ fires right up no issues and the XK just sits their looking silly. In the XK's defense I knew I was having a failing starter or the yellow wire issue for sometime now. So tomorrow I'll just replace the starter and clean up all the wires. I just thought it was funny.

The_War_Wagon
01-14-2015, 04:55 AM
I think wives just have that effect on 4x4's in general... :rolleyes:

sodakjeep
01-22-2015, 07:16 PM
When I first try to access this forum from google I'm taken to a "filestore" spam site. I have to go back to google and retry to finally get in. I bet this keeps lots of folks away.

Tymac
01-22-2015, 08:00 PM
I haven't had that issue with my laptop, but mostly I use my phone through the tapatalk app. By what means are you accessing the site?

Matt
01-22-2015, 08:00 PM
When I first try to access this forum from google I'm taken to a "filestore" spam site. I have to go back to google and retry to finally get in. I bet this keeps lots of folks away.

Just tried from google and got the same.... somethings definitely going on.

***i wouldn't recommend anyone else try clicking the TUJ link from google. It downloaded an exe file to my computer.

Sal-XK
01-22-2015, 09:33 PM
Yup it did the same thing but I shut the page down in a hot sec when I didn't recognize the site. @SodakJeep when did you first notice this happening?

The_War_Wagon
01-23-2015, 04:18 PM
When I first try to access this forum from google...

Ahhh! I think I found your problem. :rolleyes:

https://theultimatejeep.com/images/imported/2015/01/Google_Calendar_head-1.jpg

Friends don't LET friends beer gOOgles!

Sal-XK
01-24-2015, 07:39 AM
The apple device problem is fixed. I haven't been on my laptop to see if the link problem is corrected.

Holiday Jones
01-25-2015, 08:12 PM
Lol ^

coophadley
01-25-2015, 09:02 PM
Hi, new to this forum. Im a member at Jeepforum and Jeepcommander.com also. Finally installed my OME HD lift and my Tactical Armor group bumpers this weekend. I'll post pics for everyone soon once i get them off of my camera. Still need to put the new wheels and tires on though. I bought some JK rubicon wheels (I also have spidertrax 1.5 in spacers) and was gunna put on 265/70/17 gy duratracs on there. I have the JBA 1/2 inch leveling spacer in the front so hopefully I wont need to mess with the pinch weld. Do you think the 1.5 spacers were too wide?

The_War_Wagon
01-26-2015, 05:24 AM
Hi, new to this forum. Im a member at Jeepforum and Jeepcommander.com also. Finally installed my OME HD lift and my Tactical Armor group bumpers this weekend. I'll post pics for everyone soon once i get them off of my camera. Still need to put the new wheels and tires on though. I bought some JK rubicon wheels (I also have spidertrax 1.5 in spacers) and was gunna put on 265/70/17 gy duratracs on there. I have the JBA 1/2 inch leveling spacer in the front so hopefully I wont need to mess with the pinch weld. Do you think the 1.5 spacers were too wide?

Welcome aboard to the REAL Commander site. :cool: I've followed your TAG saga with some interest, owning one of their older multi-carriers myself.

The pinch weld is always a good idea - think of it as, "preventative maintenance" - once you start going up in lift and tire size. 1.5" spacers are a must with factory wheels and that size tire (I have new Cooper ATP's in that size waiting to go on, once MY lift and spacers are installed). New wheels with proper offset are preferable... and once I find a DECENT looking aftermarket wheel :o, I'll replace mine.

Watch your torque when tightening down your spacers, and check them often - PARTICULARLY before & after long drives or heavy wheeling. Since mine is gonna be KING of the mall crawlers :rolleyes:, and I only use if for short hops around town, I'll still keep an eye on 'em. Just less likely to have one come loose and sheer a wheel stud BEFORE I catch it.

coophadley
01-26-2015, 08:55 AM
thanks, I'll post pics of the bumpers soon somewhere, but I am kind of disappointed that i ordered the wrong grille-guard. I wanted a short hoop for mounting lights but all the options were confusing so instead i got a really tall hoop that goes almost up to the hood. Maybe I can get that taken off and weld a smaller one on.
That was what I wanted it to look like.
This is mine mounted on there. A write up of the install will be posted soon. Still looks good, just not what I wanted.

Sal-XK
01-26-2015, 04:11 PM
thanks, I'll post pics of the bumpers soon somewhere, but I am kind of disappointed that i ordered the wrong grille-guard. I wanted a short hoop for mounting lights but all the options were confusing so instead i got a really tall hoop that goes almost up to the hood. Maybe I can get that taken off and weld a smaller one on.
That was what I wanted it to look like.
This is mine mounted on there. A write up of the install will be posted soon. Still looks good, just not what I wanted.

Welcome aboard and you can start a garage thread. It will help you keep track of your build and give you and others a reference. You can find a link in most of our signatures to our garage threads to give you some ideas and the proper location for it. I kinda like the bigger stinger myself.

The_War_Wagon
01-27-2015, 06:32 AM

I kinda like the bigger stinger myself.

I would've ordered the smaller hoop too, but since you've got it now... mount your KC's on the UNDERSIDE of the hoop, and make lemonade! I think it'll be a good - and DIFFERENT - look! :cool:

paroxysym
02-16-2015, 03:10 PM
ive noticed this site has been kind of slow lately- like said above I think its more so the members on here are modded to the point theyre content, its cold out so not much modding going on and theres so many newbs on FB posting up and asking questions they don't bother with the forums. thankfully I got the WK where I wanted before the kid came, so ive just been busy being a dad. no more mods planned for the WK till maybe it hits 175k or I move and throw a SL on it. till then, its on family duty- staying reliable, safe, and simple/good looking LOL

The_War_Wagon
02-17-2015, 04:51 PM
I'm also re-thinking my CB antenna -does that count? :p

Sal-XK
03-02-2015, 10:09 AM
Garage threads been popping up lately! its good see some fresh XK builds.

The_War_Wagon
03-02-2015, 07:53 PM
Was GONNA put the lift and new tires on this week... 'til the wife's Caravan blew up Friday... to the tune of $300. Back to the drawing board... :mad:

Core XK
05-17-2015, 03:44 PM
I have a baby on the way! My wife is 3 months as of tomorrow so I figured I would do a few things before it all comes to a hault.

I added 275/70/17 Wrangler MTRs a few weeks ago, and I intend to buy sliders this summer or fall. Looking into SA availability. Other then that, I am also looking into a Tactical Armor Group front bumper and Light Bar in front of roof rack.

Holiday Jones
05-17-2015, 06:58 PM
Sweet

The_War_Wagon
05-18-2015, 05:06 AM
I'm getting closer to getting the Commander lifted. Couple of buds from my 4WD club (Steeltown Offroaders) are gonna help, in order to save money. A 2" level/lift & wheel spacers CAN'T be that much rocket surgery! :rolleyes:

Sal-XK
05-18-2015, 03:19 PM
I have a baby on the way! My wife is 3 months as of tomorrow so I figured I would do a few things before it all comes to a hault.

I added 275/70/17 Wrangler MTRs a few weeks ago, and I intend to buy sliders this summer or fall. Looking into SA availability. Other then that, I am also looking into a Tactical Armor Group front bumper and Light Bar in front of roof rack.

Congratulations!!! Smart thing to get it done now when kids come along everything else usually stops LOL

I'm getting closer to getting the Commander lifted. Couple of buds from my 4WD club (Steeltown Offroaders) are gonna help, in order to save money. A 2" level/lift & wheel spacers CAN'T be that much rocket surgery! :rolleyes:

Its not hard to do if you follow the instructions Matt has on here. Just remember you don't need to remove the lower clevis bolt to put a spacer in and considering where you're from it's probably stuck on forever LOL

The_War_Wagon
05-18-2015, 07:41 PM
Its not hard to do if you follow the instructions Matt has on here. Just remember you don't need to remove the lower clevis bolt to put a spacer in and considering where you're from it's probably stuck on forever LOL

We have impact tools here - for a REASON! :p

Knappster
05-19-2015, 05:52 AM

Steel Armadillo is working on light bars and hope to have the XK versions soon.

coophadley
05-19-2015, 08:44 PM

Don't get the TAG bumper! Terrible customer service and build took 8 months. Get your own custom made or buy SA

Sal-XK
05-20-2015, 06:27 PM
We have impact tools here - for a REASON! :p

You better have a acetylene torch on stand by LOL

Holiday Jones
05-21-2015, 07:03 PM
Hate to be that guy, but my bolts came right out with an extended breaker bar and some good ol'' WD

Core XK
05-24-2015, 03:54 PM
Don't get the TAG bumper! Terrible customer service and build took 8 months. Get your own custom made or buy SA
Price on TAG is good though, and I love the look. How is yours now that you have it? Does anyone else have a TAG bumper?

coophadley
05-25-2015, 08:44 AM
Now that I have it, mines great. If you decide to get one, I would suggest getting yours delivered as bare metal and get them primered and bedlined on your own. The satin black paint job that was on mine was horrible. You also have to figure out how to install it yourself, although the pictures in my garage may help. They are tough.

Sal-XK
05-26-2015, 08:11 PM
Hate to be that guy, but my bolts came right out with an extended breaker bar and some good ol'' WD

You don't live in the rust belt either :p

The_War_Wagon
06-04-2015, 11:31 AM
Price on TAG is good though, and I love the look. How is yours now that you have it? Does anyone else have a TAG bumper?

Mine is SOOOO old, it's a Kennesaw Mountain Products bumper (same guys). On my Ramcharger.

The_War_Wagon
07-23-2015, 08:55 PM
Hey - let's liven up the thread: what the FREEP is my "ESP BAS" light, and traction control doing lit up, on a cloudless, 70 degree night in Pittsburgh?!?! :mad:

Sal-XK
07-24-2015, 04:20 PM
Hopefully its just a bad wheel sensor or computer glitch. Might be worth resetting the computer I guess.

The_War_Wagon
07-24-2015, 07:01 PM
Hopefully its just a bad wheel sensor or computer glitch. Might be worth resetting the computer I guess.

Drove it around today, and it didn't come back on. I'm having my 4WD guy look at it next week -that way the transfer case doesn't get flashed at a Jeep dealer! :rolleyes:

Sal-XK
07-30-2015, 05:03 PM
Drove it around today, and it didn't come back on. I'm having my 4WD guy look at it next week -that way the transfer case doesn't get flashed at a Jeep dealer! :rolleyes:

Any update?