PDA

View Full Version : rocky road uca

johnr
04-14-2015, 06:14 AM
we I have finely worn out the stock UCA and bought s set of the rocky roads. has anyone on here run these yet? I know I should have asked before I bought them but, well to late now. what can you tell me about them?

Sal-XK
04-14-2015, 02:44 PM
I don't think anyone has run them yet. No big deal their always has to be a first. You could do a product review and comparison to stock for the community. That way others can benefit from the experience.

Matt
04-14-2015, 03:47 PM
A lot of people have run them, including me. Its about 60/40.... maybe even 80/20... the higher number the percentage of people that have had issues with them.

Good luck.

Matt
04-14-2015, 03:53 PM
http://www.theultimatejeep.com/showthread.php?2703-RRO-UCA-s-Reviews

Sal-XK
04-14-2015, 07:21 PM
A lot of people have run them, including me. Its about 60/40.... maybe even 80/20... the higher number the percentage of people that have had issues with them.

Good luck.

I missed that thread or just forgot I read it :(

johnr
04-15-2015, 03:17 AM
well ****:(. hopefully they will be good enough for my mall crawler. I have only had this thing out a couple times.

johnr
04-25-2015, 04:34 AM
well right after you guys responded to this thread I felt sick all over. I was able t cancel my order with RR due to them not having the parts in stock to build the arms, ordered a set from JBA and got the drivers side installed after work last night. for the most part everything went as expected with one exception. it seems as though I have less clearance between the strut and the knuckle than with the stock A arm and at full drop (at least on the jack stands) it is right up tight just like the stock one. I would have called JBA help line but I need this thing back on the road Monday. I double checked the packing list to make sure they sent the right ones and that's all good. so what did I do wrong?. im at work this morning but ill try and post a pic later today.

Matt
04-25-2015, 05:11 AM
If you're running a spacer style lift, thats normal. They let the suspension drop further which pulls everything in. Once connected and the sways on, it won't be an issue.

johnr
04-27-2015, 02:52 AM
got it all back together and now off for a front end alignment. thanks for the input guys