PDA

View Full Version : Carolina Beach, NC Jeep Go Topless Day, May 16, 2015

Commander
05-03-2015, 06:18 PM
Anybody here going to this event ? I am considering it. All Jeeps are invited and you do not have to "go topless". It would be great to have some Commanders show up. Click link to get info.

http://www.jeepgotoplessday.com/about-us.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kK9X1QTpkr4

Sal-XK
05-05-2015, 10:55 AM
Not sure if I'm going this year or which jeep I would take. With all the rule changes this year I didn't buy a permit. That place would be a little rough in a XK with know lift though.

Commander
05-05-2015, 04:16 PM
Not sure if I'm going this year or which jeep I would take. With all the rule changes this year I didn't buy a permit. That place would be a little rough in a XK with know lift though.
You can get a permit included when you register for the event. As for needing a lift, I have a 2" RC lift, but I don't see why you really need a lift as it is only a beach. From the pics and videos I have seen of the event there are plenty of non-lifted vehicles on the beach, some of which are just "street" vehicles.

Sal-XK
05-05-2015, 08:04 PM
You can get a permit included when you register for the event. As for needing a lift, I have a 2" RC lift, but I don't see why you really need a lift as it is only a beach. From the pics and videos I have seen of the event there are plenty of non-lifted vehicles on the beach, some of which are just "street" vehicles.

I couldn't see your sig from my phone earlier a 2" lift will be good. I've been camping on that beach for years and its some of the softest sand on a beach I've been to. The ruts get deep and the sand is soft and I've seen plenty of trucks and Jeeps stuck on that beach. They had to build a new entrance because tons of people were getting stuck at the entrance holding up traffic LOL It's no big deal I only got stuck once out their and that was because I tried pulling somebody else out. I've had to air down a bunch of times though when it gets really bad out their.

pjmjr508
05-09-2015, 08:36 AM
I want to take the family to this one year in the XK.
There was a stock XK at the end of the 2nd video

Commander
05-09-2015, 10:10 AM
I want to take the family to this one year in the XK.
There was a stock XK at the end of the 2nd video

That would be a very long drive from where you are ! Yes, I saw that Commander in the video .