PDA

View Full Version : Headlight Adjustments????

wookie
09-15-2010, 07:46 AM
My 06 Commander has headlights that seem to be pointed too high, at least thats what people on the highway at night figure. I usually drive with the foglights on to offset the glare of the headlights. On the light I have found 1 adjustment screw but it says for adjustment of left to right, I haven't been able to find one for up and down. Anyone else run into this or been able to adjust them, I figure it will get worse when lifted and front end level with the rear. I usually put duct tape on as "eyelids" when I tow my trailer.

Adondo
09-15-2010, 02:59 PM
I guess I could go out and look at mine, but what I remember, is a torx screw underneath the pop-open door. You pull up the access door above the headlights, and you should see the elevation adjustment.

wookie
10-16-2010, 04:23 AM
Thanks, I passed on the info to my Wife but she figures I can do it when I eventually get home. She's not so worried about it now, oh well.

07JeepXK
10-16-2010, 03:10 PM
I need to adjust mine down a hair. Maybe ill do it tonight or tomorrow night.

DEERE G
10-17-2010, 04:59 PM
I have been getting the brights from oncoming drivers since I put on my lift and tires.
The leveling must be aiming my headlights too high.

Sal-XK
10-17-2010, 07:40 PM
I get the same thing, I drive with my finger on the brights to hit people back when they flash me. I figure my fogs are on that tells anyone my brights are off so no need to flash me LOL but sometimes I feel bad sitting behind people. I actually caught some idiots at work because of the lights they were flashing me and yelling at me threw the windows while I was on staff duty. They felt real stupid when I got out the look on there faces was priceless LMFAO

collinsgto
05-12-2011, 02:27 PM
Good info! I'm in the same boat, so ill be adjusting mine down a touch tonight.