PDA

View Full Version : dash, console, radio face plate removal???

my4thjeep
09-20-2010, 12:17 PM
hello,

anyone of any write ups talking/ showing how to remove all this stuff could be found?

also, the little box where the tire jack is kept? is there anything sitting under that that i would need to move or be aware of? i was wondering if i could cut that bottom out and make it bigger to hold more stuff? my tool bag won't fit with the 3rd row up. i didn't realize that there was very little space back there? not that i need to carry a whole lot. but i like knowing i have "it" just in case.

LWM
09-20-2010, 12:45 PM
There are 16 bolts in the dash, you only need to remove the ones marked as an X

OX XO OX XO
XO XX XX OX

You will see how the four sections of bolts are when you look at the dash.

https://theultimatejeep.com/images/imported/2010/09/dd74_1JPG-4.jpg

my4thjeep
09-20-2010, 08:53 PM
cool thanks. as for the floor console? do you know if its pretty straight forward to get out? just trying to get things all figured out for when i need to run wires all over the place.

LWM
09-20-2010, 09:56 PM
You first remove the crome ring around the shifter, it lifts up using a screw driver or other small pry tool.

Adondo
09-21-2010, 12:38 PM
"the little box where the tire jack is kept? is there anything sitting under that that i would need to move or be aware of? i was wondering if i could cut that bottom out and make it bigger to hold more stuff?"

It's the cross air duct for the rear HVAC.

When I removed my 3rd row seat and built the ''false floor'' in the back, I considered removing the OEM jack storage. I decided to leave it alone because of the duct work.

my4thjeep
09-24-2010, 07:58 AM
how can i take the shift handle off? i was looking at getting the jeep t-handle to replace it? does it twist off or something?

NeilSmith
09-24-2010, 08:06 AM
how can i take the shift handle off? i was looking at getting the jeep t-handle to replace it? does it twist off or something?

Yes. It was hard to do the first time. Grab the little chrome ring just below the knob and it turns one way or another. It is pretty tight , just try it back and forth. Once it screws loose the knob just comes right off.