PDA

View Full Version : I love this forum

NeilSmith
09-23-2010, 03:05 PM
I've come to realize that the members of this forum seem to have a little more experiance and knowledge than many members on the other forum. Not saying that this forum and we are any better than the others, we are all members over there also, but we have " been there, done that " when it comes to the Commander. Its almost as if the other forum is a beginning stage and then you graduate over here. Its kinda nice to not see the same old thread about which tire size will fit. Nobody reads the stickies, do they ? I really like that. Thanks again to Jon for getting this thing up and running.

Sal-XK
09-23-2010, 04:11 PM
I would have to agree with you on that I think the members over here are more knowledgeable and more serious about the XK and the life style that comes with it. Also if you notice that all the serious responses on posted problems on the other site come from the members here.

NeilSmith
09-23-2010, 04:27 PM
I would have to agree with you on that I think the members over here are more knowledgeable and more serious about the XK and the life style that comes with it. Also if you notice that all the serious responses on posted problems on the other site come from the members here.

Yes, I have noticed. Also, no " Post Nazi " . LOL !!

LWM
09-23-2010, 05:03 PM

I used to edit and delete many of the rude and offensive comments over "there" but some members would jump all over me for doing it. I thought I would let it run it's course and let the members see how hard I used to work. I did delete a few today and issued some warnings (And then that person reported my posts as offensive).

Thanks for your support, I too like this forum much more.

LWM
09-23-2010, 05:04 PM
Yes, I have noticed. Also, no " Post Nazi " . LOL !!

Over here I do not have to enforce all the rules becuase the members are more mature about their posts :)

Sal-XK
09-23-2010, 06:24 PM
Over here I do not have to enforce all the rules becuase the members are more mature about their posts :)

I hope you know that I was not referring to you as the Post Nazi. I got into a little tiff the other day on there about a blown tire I just could not take the stupidity of the comments any more. I have myself posted some stuff that was not thought threw thoroughly or made mistakes but I think I handled those mistakes in a proper manor by researching and asking questions. I'll give you three guesses on who the post nazi is and two of those guesses don't count LOL

NeilSmith
09-23-2010, 06:27 PM
No Jon, you are not the " Post Nazi ". LOL !!!

LWM
09-23-2010, 09:46 PM
I hope you know that I was not referring to you as the Post Nazi.

No Jon, you are not the " Post Nazi ". LOL !!!

That is good to know, I was called that a year or so back by a couple of members.

07JeepXK
09-24-2010, 06:04 AM
Im pretty sure I know who he is refering to.

El Comandante
09-24-2010, 06:43 AM
I'm just happy not to see replies from a certain somebody correcting everyone and quick to point out that their question had already been posted by someone else years ago. He's not on here too is he? lol

I don't consider myself a veteran from the "other" site since I was still fairly new but I did notice a lot of the things everyone is mentioning and it does get a little annoying. This is my first Jeep so I'm not that knowledgeable yet but I did pick up on a lot of things quick and usually I try to find the answers myself but if I can't find them I'm grateful for sites like this.

I have noticed that nobody posts questions or comments about their interior door handles or which wiper blades are the best, etc. on this site and it seems like this forum is more for the Jeep XK lifestyle and I like that. So good job and hope to see more out of this forum.

Sal-XK
09-24-2010, 06:54 AM
I'm just happy not to see replies from a certain somebody correcting everyone and quick to point out that their question had already been posted by someone else years ago. He's not on here too is he? lol
No he probably won't come over here because his post count would start from zero but I bet you he reads this forum. And the day he makes moderator is the last day I visit that site

07JeepXK
09-24-2010, 01:04 PM
I highly doubt that he would make moderator. If so, I probablly wouldnt visit that site anymore either. This new site is my home!

HueyPilotVN
09-24-2010, 03:33 PM
I also appreciate the maturity of this site. I would not hold much against the fellow on the other site that you are referring to. He does help people by posting answers and is very good at searching for information that is not on that site. I also think that much of his social interaction in online. I think that the work he does is mostly constructive and I am happy for him that he has the outlet of participating with many people and is fullfilling a need. Not long ago his father died and I am sure that his online time helps fill that void somewhat.

El Comandante
09-24-2010, 08:26 PM
I also appreciate the maturity of this site. I would not hold much against the fellow on the other site that you are referring to. He does help people by posting answers and is very good at searching for information that is not on that site. I also think that much of his social interaction in online. I think that the work he does is mostly constructive and I am happy for him that he has the outlet of participating with many people and is fullfilling a need. Not long ago his father died and I am sure that his online time helps fill that void somewhat.

He is definitely full of good information, I guess maybe we just wish he had a different attitude but if much of his social interaction is online then that would explain a lot. I do give him respects for knowing what he knows and being helpful with his stellar searching abilities.

Anyways, my momma always told me it's not nice to talk behind people's backs; definitely love this forum as well.

06blkhemi
09-25-2010, 08:32 AM
I'm pretty sure we're not all hard core rock crawlers on this forum,which is nice and most seem pretty mature about their questions and their answers. We all share a common interest in a not so popular Jeep,one that hasn't been recognized for the capability it really does have.. Most of us use it as a daily driver but still like to hit some trails too .. Some of us don't even plan on taking them off road,just want to get some answers about problems and accessory installs.

I mostly joined the forum to see if I could find some aftermarket accessories for the XK. Also to see how other XK's look with the accessories..
Ok getting off my "Soap Box"now!!

Frank..

Sal-XK
09-25-2010, 09:38 AM

great you made my guilt meter twitch thanks.

NeilSmith
09-25-2010, 10:08 AM
great you made my guilt meter twitch thanks.

I didn't expect an NCO to have a guilt meter. LOL !!

Sal-XK
09-25-2010, 02:40 PM
I didn't expect an NCO to have a guilt meter. LOL !!

Its a small one actually thats why it twitched not moved LOL

NeilSmith
09-25-2010, 07:58 PM
Well don't get this thread locked too !! LOL

Sal-XK
09-25-2010, 08:16 PM
Well don't get this thread locked too !! LOL My bad every now and then I let people push my buttons. I'm being good now, he took another shot at me in "comment about the user above you thread" and I am not going to hit back maybe LOL

NeilSmith
09-25-2010, 08:21 PM
My bad every now and then I let people push my buttons. I'm being good now, he took another shot at me in "comment about the user above you thread" and I am not going to hit back maybe LOL

For some reason I feel that you've probably had your pants on fire. LOL !!!

HueyPilotVN
09-25-2010, 09:42 PM
Just a couple of ideas to keep in mind. It is very easy for an attempt at a friendly jab to be seen as a snide comment online. As I have said before you do not have the moderating influence of actual eye to eye contact to give you the clue that it is a joke. Another thing to consider it that he is almost always on the site and I do not mean a few hours a day but rather all the time. Years ago when I was alone I spent many hours a day on the Vietnam Vets site and it does become a substitute for other interactions with people. I am not saying this to tweak anyones guilt meter, just stating a fact about the Internet. I joke alot online and I am sure that I have offended some people without intending to.

powerslave1966
09-25-2010, 09:50 PM
Just a couple of ideas to keep in mind. It is very easy for an attempt at a friendly jab to be seen as a snide comment online. As I have said before you do not have the moderating influence of actual eye to eye contact to give you the clue that it is a joke. Another thing to consider it that he is almost always on the site and I do not mean a few hours a day but rather all the time. Years ago when I was alone I spent many hours a day on the Vietnam Vets site and it does become a substitute for other interactions with people. I am not saying this to tweak anyones guilt meter, just stating a fact about the Internet. I joke alot online and I am sure that I have offended some people without intending to.

^^^^^^^
Nuff Said...

ped4599
09-26-2010, 02:34 AM
I think the reason you see such a wealth of knowledge here, is because this forum is because its members are/were the "regulars" from over there that have were around fromt the earliest days of the Commander. Its seems like the "big kids" all started another club and have left the "little kids" in a group to fend for them selves.

I have been on the other site for a long time and was hesitant to join here since i dont have enough time online to be checking two forums regularly. But i finally joined since it seems like most of the regular knowledgeable posters, are now here. Its very obvious to me that the majority of the posting being done there is from people who have owned a commander, or jeep for that matter, for less a year.

I guess I have followed the crowd and it seem like this could some day be what the other site started out to be----with less drama. :)

But, I am still going to use both.

07JeepXK
09-26-2010, 05:48 AM
Well were definately glad that you joined the xk-forum!

brendon
09-26-2010, 08:57 PM
I rarely even check the other one anymore. Though I will probably post a for sale item there - more traffic, and I'm sure most here already have front tow hooks.

Internet addiction - my wife calls it Facebook :mad: But to be fair to her, she is just as social in person.