PDA

View Full Version : 2nd fuel cell? what all is needed?

my4thjeep
10-07-2010, 09:48 PM
i have been researching this for awhile...

i have saw on another site where i guy was going to use a zj fuel cell. i was just wondering as to what all i would need to get doing this as well?

what i would like to do is find out if i would be able to cut out an area next to the where the fuel tank filler is? maybe mount a gauge next to it as well?

i would like to use an external pump so that i could just fill my primary tank as needed?

so what else do need to get before i get into this?

1. fuel cell
2. filler hose
3. jeep wrangler fuel housing ( the cap and housing that goes around it?)
4. do i need to do something about ventilation?
5. fuel gauge? how would i go about wiring this up to show how much is in the tank?

assuming that theres 2 hose opening on the cell? i was thinking of using one to fill it and the other to mount another hose to the pump to fill the primary tank.

would it be simple to add a gauge to this? getting a sending unit is what this would connect to?

im thinking i would like to make this my next project...

any help would greatly be appreciated....

thanks

07JeepXK
10-08-2010, 05:31 AM
Here is a thread from a member on the forum who has added a secondary fuel cell. This should help you out and might be a better route then what you had in mind. Click here. http://www.xk-forum.com/showthread.php/100-Auxillary-Gas-tank-install

superacerc
10-08-2010, 05:59 AM
You can buy aftermarket fuel cells with the fuel sensors already mounted inside and just put another fuel guage inside the xk somewhere. My 66 ford has a 20 gallon fuel cell underneath the bed with the sensors in it.

HueyPilotVN
10-08-2010, 11:18 AM
Did you get the answers that you were looking for from the posts on my auxillary fuel tank. If you still have questions either PM me or ask here.