PDA

View Full Version : what speakers did anyone upgrade to? dash/front/ and rear doors? anyone have subs?

my4thjeep
10-07-2010, 10:04 PM
im trying to decide between kicker and kenwood speakers to upgrade too? anyone using anyone of these? how do you like them?

also, im trying to find a sub that wold fit in the back with the 3rd row seat(s) up?

thinking of going with a shallow mounted sub and box? or getting a bazooka tube?

just wondering what anyones using and how they like it?

07JeepXK
10-08-2010, 05:36 AM
I havent upgraded any of the speakers in the XK as of yet but if I were to id use nothing but JL Audio. Thats just my personal preference though.

Spigot
02-21-2011, 07:04 PM
I put infinity speakers throughout my XK. it is the single most impactful upgrade I have done to date. I am absolutely in love with the sound quality. Here are the part numbers.

Infinity Reference 6032cf 6.5-Inch
Infinity Reference 3032cf 3.5-Inch
Infinity Reference 9632cf 6x9-Inch

A few install notes. The 3.5"s are taller then the BAs I had, so the plastic grill is bowed up a little, but not too bad. Also, I had to drill new holes for the 6.5"s. The factory holes where too far apart for the infinitys. It wasn't a huge to do though, all in all, a pretty easy upgrade.

strokeZ
02-22-2011, 06:40 AM
I did exactly the same upgrade with same issues. Also added a movable 10" JBL wedge cabinet behind the second row (it also fits behind 3rd row if they are up) w/ JBL 300W Class D amp for bottom end. I tried double 10's for a while but found it to be too much. I am missing some frequencies due to road rumble so originally thought I needed a 12" but am thinking now that two 8" subs might be better. Anyway - sounds like you like the Infinities - I think they are a bit bright but really smooth.

Sal-XK
02-22-2011, 06:50 AM
Some of my speakers keep cutting in and out lately, So some type of upgrade might be coming my way soon, so I will be paying attention to this topic.

Spigot
02-22-2011, 08:23 PM
... Anyway - sounds like you like the Infinities - I think they are a bit bright but really smooth.

That is a great way to put it. They are bright and smooth. For the type of music I listen to, they sound great.

Brandon1024
03-22-2011, 05:43 PM
I'm looking to upgrade my speakers and i've always had subs but due to the lack of space to put them i'd like to just have some speakers the have good bass along with crisp clear sound. I was looking into the 6.5" Alpine Type R for the back and the 6.5" Alpine Type R component for the front. I was looking to get the component for the front because whenever I turn the bass up my tweeters start to muffle. I had the basic sound system with no amp when I got it :( but since i've gotten a Power Acoustic amp which puts out very high power around 150rms which is where i'm experiencing problems finding speakers as I would like to spend under 120 per set.