PDA

View Full Version : Squeaking Noise Up Front

wahoowahgator
10-12-2010, 07:05 PM
Got some squeaking up front and can't figure out where it is coming from.
I replaced the front swaybar bushing.
I also went under the car and had someone move the car up and down while I moved a stethoscope to different parts of the front suspension.
Any recommendations where to look?

superacerc
10-13-2010, 05:25 AM
What type of bump is making the squeaking occur? Large slow dips, fast washboard type bumps? When braking or always? Is it a metal on metal type of squeak? While in hard turns? Both directions? Any more info you can provide would help out.

wahoowahgator
10-14-2010, 03:45 PM
I can recreate by laying under the car and pushing up repeatedly.

When driving it comes from both the front and back of the car. It happens mainly when hitting bumps, although it does seem to be worse when going over bumps in hard turns.

Sal-XK
10-14-2010, 07:59 PM
you should film the noise and post it up. My suspension started squeaking out of the blue and got pretty loud at one point then it rained and I noticed the noise went away. Now its starting to squeak a little again not sure if its dust or what just weird.

fco27
12-20-2010, 01:20 PM
I also get a squeaking comming form the front it happens on large low deeps most of the time and sometimes on small ones. What do you guys think it could be? I don't have anylift only bigget tires 245/70/17

07JeepXK
12-25-2010, 01:26 PM
I used to get squeaking from my XK and took a can of white lithium grease to all the bushings. No more squeaks!