PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland

LWM
10-18-2010, 07:42 AM
We I took the family to Disneyland, had fun but never again will I go on a weekend. The crowds were enormous and the lines were longer than I had ever seen before.

Had a good time anyway, rode a few rides and walked alot! The park was set up for halloween and I had never been during that time of year before.

Sal-XK
10-18-2010, 08:22 AM
just a couple of things I look for before heading to a park like that granted I live in a different part of the country.
1. Late fall
2. rain/cold any bad weather not enough to close the place but enough to keep people away.
3. week day
4. Holiday
I've been tons of times where we didn't even have to get off the ride we could just keep going when two or more of those factors applied.

LWM
10-18-2010, 08:55 AM
I too can remember going on days where there is no line and you did not even have to get off the ride to go again, and I think it was raining on that day.

superacerc
10-18-2010, 11:13 AM
just a couple of things I look for before heading to a park like that granted I live in a different part of the country.
1. Late fall
2. rain/cold any bad weather not enough to close the place but enough to keep people away.
3. week day
4. Holiday
I've been tons of times where we didn't even have to get off the ride we could just keep going when two or more of those factors applied.

Ditto Sal.
We do exactly the same thing when going to six flags in Atlanta (Used to live in Augusta, GA). We pick a nice weekday after school has started and look for a nice cold/damp day. The only problem we had is that sometimes on less busy days some of the rides were not available due to maintenance and other issues.

The last time I went to Disney World and we didn't look for a slow day, (It was my birthday so we had a free pass.) it was pretty packed and we didn't get to do much.