PDA

View Full Version : backup assist-assist

STURDY
10-19-2010, 02:14 PM
I just put on a new reese hitch and now my backup assist goes off anytime I'm in reverse and only from the left. Any ideas or will I never be able to wear a hitch?

LWM
10-19-2010, 02:19 PM
Are you saying that the alarm goes off just because there is a hitch installed on the Commander or do you have the bars sticking out the back as well?

The alarm should not see the hitch itself unless it was installed to stick out beyond the bumper.

Sal-XK
10-19-2010, 02:47 PM
Take a picture of your hitch and post it so we can see and double check all the sensor connections on the side that is going off.

GPintheMitten
10-20-2010, 08:09 AM
Pics will help. I have the oem hitch receiver. Once in a great while, the backup assist will read the trailer tongue/ball mount but usually not.

Sal-XK
10-20-2010, 10:17 AM
Pics will help. I have the oem hitch receiver. Once in a great while, the backup assist will read the trailer tongue/ball mount but usually not.

Now that you mention it if I have my tongue in it will sporadicly pick it up and set the sensor off.

07JeepXK
10-20-2010, 03:12 PM

Mine doesnt the same thing sometimes when I use the drop hitch.

strokeZ
10-26-2010, 01:48 PM
Anytime I attach something like a tounge/ball or bike rack to the back I have to turn the back up assist off.

06blkhemi
10-26-2010, 02:21 PM
Mine with the ball on it will go off sometimes too. I also noticed off road if the hill is steep enough and Im backing down it also goes off. Just shut it off,that's all I do..