PDA

View Full Version : What Smart Phone are your using?

LWM
10-28-2010, 07:50 AM
In May 2011 (I know I have to wait 6 months) my contract is up on my Samsung Alias II phone and I am getting a Smart Phone. I am just curious as to what phone others are using and would recommend. I am leaning towards the Droid as I have Verizon and have no desire to change providers.

What are your thoughts?

cico7
10-28-2010, 04:04 PM
I have a BB Storm. I like the BB functions, it is one of the few that syncs with MS Outlook. The Droids are very popular.
but they dont sync with outlook. Whatever I get in December will have to sync. I too am with Verizon and don't want to change providers.

Adondo
10-28-2010, 04:08 PM
I have an Evo 4G on Sprint. It's a powerhouse of a phone. I also tether my laptop thru it, at better than DSL speeds with both Windows 7 and Ubuntu 10.4.

Sal-XK
10-28-2010, 11:20 PM
I have an Iphone the wife bought a BB for work and quickly got an Iphone when I could open the web pages she needed but she could not. BB has it's advantages but for most of us we don't need or never use those few features all though it is the most secure phone in the world right now. If all you do is email surf the web hit face book and that kind of stuff the Iphone or any smart phone running the droid operating system should be good. I think google has an operating system out there now as well don't know much about it but Iphone and Droid have thousands of apps available. The one thing that sucks about the Iphone is it does not support flash in its web browser:confused: and apple is real big on trying to control its end user. If you have good computer skills you can hack the Iphone and really unleash it power but it a constant battle with the apple police. You know there Ipad does not support flash either. Look for a good screen the bigger the better check the droid and the Google operating systems out. I do believe that Verizon will start selling Iphones soon they are worth a look because for what there intended purpose is they are really great phones I love mine.

jcoulter
10-29-2010, 05:58 AM
Since you're staying with Verizon, get whatever Droid phone they are running a special on at that time. Last week they had BOGO on the Incredible.

Also, if you it's been two years since you got a phone you should get $100 off a new phone if you have "New Every Two" don't forget that. It dropped my Incredible down to $100.

Go to the store and try some. I have heard some say that the phones like the Evo are too big.

LWM
10-29-2010, 08:33 AM
Also, if you it's been two years since you got a phone you should get $100 off a new phone if you have "New Every Two" don't forget that. It dropped my Incredible down to $100.

I have been with Verizon for 8 years (well Alltel) but I purchased my current phone in May of 2009 so I do not get the next FREE phone until May of 2011.

jcoulter
10-29-2010, 11:05 AM
I have been with Verizon for 8 years (well Alltel) but I purchased my current phone in May of 2009 so I do not get the next FREE phone until May of 2011.

Free??? Please share those details. I've been with them for about 15 years, when they were GTE, and have only gotten it free if the phone was $100 or less.

LWM
10-29-2010, 01:11 PM
At the end of your contract they give you the choices:

1) keep your current phone and just keep paying monthly with no contract

2) Buy any phone you want on their system without a contract

3) get a much better phone free by renewing your contract.

jcoulter
10-29-2010, 04:33 PM
I've never been offered a free phone unless the "New every two " $100 credit brought the price down far enough. I'm pretty sure Verizon won't give you any phone for free, just the "dumbphones".

Sal-XK
10-29-2010, 04:45 PM
some phones are free with a contract. Most of the smart phones will cost you at least $100 with a contract and considering they are very expensive this is a good deal mine with out a contract is $800

GPintheMitten
10-29-2010, 09:16 PM
The newest smart phones probably won't be free but will be at a reduced rate.

I'm on Sprint and I'm going to get the HTC EVO very soon. It retails for around $550 and I can get it for $200 because I've had my current phone for about 2 years.

Microsoft is coming out with their new Windows Mobile Phone in the next couple of weeks. But it won't be available for Sprint for another 6 months.

DDDonkey
10-30-2010, 09:30 AM
I have the Moto Droid X and really like it. I had the droid 1 and it was good but the 'X' is faster and has more memory. I can also use it as a wifi hot spot when I am camping or TDY.

brendon
11-06-2010, 10:43 PM
I like my Droid, and I didn't even want a smart phone...