PDA

View Full Version : modding the left rear quarter panel at the back seat?

my4thjeep
10-28-2010, 09:47 PM
anyone know of any writeups on how to take the back quarter panels off? since the air control is on the right side. i was thinking the left side would be better to take out and fab something in that are?

i remember something i saw a long time ago, where people were mounting air compressors in those spots on their cherokees?

i have a powertank but i hate having to lug that thing around and getting it filled up all the time. i still have my viair 400 compressor laying around so i was thinking i could use that as a project?

maybe even make a storage box for that spot?

but back to my original question... does anyone know of any writeups on how to get them out? has anyone taken them out?

NeilSmith
10-29-2010, 07:37 AM
First of all, I don't believe you mean quarter panels. The quarter panel is the outer sheet metal skin, the part that you see with paint on it. They are not removable. I assume you want to remove the interior trim. I have had mine loosened up to run some wires but not totally out. They are held in place by a combination of screws and plastic clips. My advice would be to find someone with some experiance to help you out. Everything you see back there is plastic and the clips are plastic and therefore breakable if not done correctly with the proper tools.

Brandon1024
03-22-2011, 05:49 PM
I have not removed it but I did mount my distribution block in there and my amp fits in the indent where the net goes over. There is plenty of room in there. The top cup holder is just help in by a few clips and can be pulled out quite easy with a flat head.

IamJEEP
04-20-2011, 07:30 PM
I am looking at this area as well. I would like to fab up some type of tool storage box in that area, that way I don't have a tool box sitting in the back taking up space (I always have a small tool box in each of my cars for just in case situations). Also, Sal came up with a good idea for storage by removing the jack "box" and fabbing up his own in that spot. If I had a box in the side panel as well as that back area, I would have all the tools I would need to fix almost any situation.