PDA

View Full Version : 4xguard Matrix/grill hoop!!!

06blkhemi
11-06-2010, 11:20 AM
Hey guys, I just installed my 4xguard Matrix and Grill Hoop. The install went very easy after I figured out I had to leave the fascia and grill off to get most of the brackets on!! DOH ! Don't even try to get the pieces on without doing that,it's a PITA !! I also installed a set of 6" Hella 500 Black Magic driving lights..

Anyone have any suggestions about hooking up the lights,like where to get the 12v for the switch to power the lights? I'll use the 12v right off the battery to power the Relay,and ground right to the batteries neg.term..

The evening before that I installed a RC 2"lift,which went on pretty easy.

Sal-XK
11-06-2010, 11:41 AM
Really nice man its coming along awesome now you just need some new rubber to finish that look off.

06blkhemi
11-06-2010, 11:50 AM
Really nice man its coming along awesome now you just need some new rubber to finish that look off.
Thanks ! That's going to wait until next year. They put new tires on before I bought it,so I'm just going to hold off for now. I may even use the same size tire just a bit more aggressive.. I just ordered a set of side guards from 4xguard. Can't wait to get them on too!!

wookie
11-07-2010, 06:51 AM
Anyone have any suggestions about hooking up the lights,like where to get the 12v for the switch to power the lights? I'll use the 12v right off the battery to power the Relay,and ground right to the batteries neg.term..

I'd use the switch to activate the ground terminal of the relay, much easier to find a grounding point in the interior than a 12V plus no splicing required. Use the 12V under the hood and link the 2 hots on the relay together. Just my opinion.

The Matrix Pushbar looks nice and cant wait to see pics when you get the rock guards.

06blkhemi
11-07-2010, 03:13 PM
Thanks for everyone's input. I ended up finding a 12v spot for the switch in the fusebox in the interior and used an "add a fuse" to tap into it . All was good until the switch broke,well with my help. The light stopped working in it,so I tried to fix it,well now the whole thing doesn't work !!:mad:

El Cid
11-08-2010, 08:33 AM
Sorry about the light problems ... but the Matrix sure does look good!

strokeZ
11-08-2010, 09:27 AM
Looking good!

06blkhemi
11-08-2010, 02:56 PM
Thanks guys !!! I bought a new switch and everything seems fine now !! You guys see any problems with grounding the lights right to their mounts? According to my 12v light it's a good ground and the lights work .
Now I got to figure out why my Airbag light on the dash is on,it wasn't on yesterday !:confused:

Frank

06blkhemi
11-08-2010, 07:01 PM
I got some light pics! First pic is, stock Driving,Hella's and Headlights,Second Hella's and stock driving lights,third just Hella's