PDA

View Full Version : Thinking about "Double Stacking"...........

IamJEEP
11-12-2010, 05:44 PM
So, I have the RR 2.25" spacer lift installed in my Commander already. I want to add the OME 2" lift to it and get 4.25" lift out of the whole set-up. I paid like $180 for the spacer lift and the OME with shocks is about $700 or so. That's somewhere around $900 for a 4" lift, versus $2000 SL, not bad huh?

My question is....................What else would I have to change to make this work? Will I need UCAs, longer brake lines, ect?

DDDonkey
11-12-2010, 10:51 PM
I would think that the angles on your front cv axles would be pretty steep and you would max them out along with your ball joints. For that much lift you would want the front diff to be dropped down some. Just me thoughts.

06blkhemi
11-13-2010, 05:00 PM
x2

07JeepXK
11-14-2010, 09:24 AM
If you got a hold of the Superlift steering knuckles and a few other parts for the rear it would work out. The only down fall would be the actual angle of the cv-axle. If you dont plan on taking it off road, that wouldnt be to big of an issue. However, its about $400 for those knuckles and a several hundred for the parts you would need for the rear. So in the end it would end up costing about the same price as the 4 inch superlift.

06blkhemi
11-14-2010, 04:03 PM
Don't make it ghetto !! Been there done that,and you'll be disappointed .. Now maybe if you had the Superlift then added on the spacer blocks to that,then your CV angles would be where they are now.. If your not wheeling it and don't need the additional ground clearance leave it as is or save and go for the Superlift or Rusty's 4"kit...

IamJEEP
11-14-2010, 06:17 PM
Thanks for the input guys. All tho I would like to, I don't see myself doing a lot if any, wheelin'. The closest trail to me is Ocala and that's almost a 4 hour drive. I don't want to ghetto-ize my Jeep, so I guess I will just save up for a 4" lift and do it the right way. I'm happy with my 2" for now, I just need some tires to help the look.

Thanks again.