PDA

View Full Version : anyone using the sliders from kevins offroad on their xk?

my4thjeep
11-18-2010, 01:50 AM
i had a set of these on my grand cherokee wj and absolutely loved them! especially in the parking lots! cause they stuck out a good deal :) i know that he had recently changed them around to where they stick out further?

i had the square tube and they could take the abuse, kept trees/rocks from attacking me, and where easy to install.

i was going to get the 4xguard ones but i like that the kevinsoffroad version stuck out to where i didn't need to open the door to get access to the top?

plus i like the idea of keeping to the overall straight edge contour of the xk.

anyone have a set on theirs?

strokeZ
11-18-2010, 07:20 AM
I have not seen the Kevins' Offroad sliders. I was looking at the RR SuperSliders but decided to go with the 4xGuard slider for various reasons. The RR sliders sound a lot like what you are describing.

WanderingTs
11-19-2010, 06:48 PM
I also never heard of Kevins.

I have the Rocky Road Super Sliders, and they sound exactly like what you are describing. They have the square tubing underneath and they stick out. While they are sold as also being a step up to the roof, they only stick out far enough to put my toes on, so they are semi-useful for that, but not much.

If you do not already have them, I will warn you that they are a very difficult install due to the angle of the holes that need to be drilled in order to mount them. There is not enough room to get a standard drill head in the area to make a straight hole. I had mine welded to fix this issue, and because on previous 4X4s I beat the snot out of my rocker panels. I wanted these extra strong. So far so good.

my4thjeep
11-19-2010, 09:34 PM
yup. i had a heck of time bolting them in on my wj! but they took a beating and helped with keep doors from attacking me in parking lots :) i'll look into the rr sliders? never heard of them.

LWM
11-20-2010, 08:41 AM
Keven's Off-Road is another fabrication company here in Phoenix, I have seen some of his work on the trail rides and it appears to be good work.

He has a Commander roof rack for $825.00 if you have more money then sense... :)

The rails are around $350.00

http://www.kevinsoffroad.com/cart/

El Cid
11-20-2010, 03:56 PM
I have the Rocky Road Super Sliders, and they sound exactly like what you are describing. They have the square tubing underneath and they stick out. While they are sold as also being a step up to the roof, they only stick out far enough to put my toes on, so they are semi-useful for that, but not much.

As I'm sure you know, this is precisely what our Side Guards give you: a toe-step for accessing the roof. It's all I've ever needed, but if you want a full-foot step for standing on for a long time you definitely need to look elsewhere. You're also more likely to have issues with the rails bending, as the further the rail sticks out from its mounting points the weaker it becomes.

06blkhemi
11-20-2010, 04:27 PM
I have the 4xguard ones and love em.. Seems to have plenty of step for me.. They don't stick out to far as to get mud on my pants when I get in and out of my XK...

Frank...

WanderingTs
11-20-2010, 04:43 PM
As I'm sure you know, this is precisely what our Side Guards give you: a toe-step for accessing the roof. It's all I've ever needed, but if you want a full-foot step for standing on for a long time you definitely need to look elsewhere. You're also more likely to have issues with the rails bending, as the further the rail sticks out from its mounting points the weaker it becomes.

If I were buying today, I would go 4XGuard all the way.......but I bought my sliders almost a year ago and had to make do with what was available then.

strokeZ
11-20-2010, 08:02 PM
I just installed one side of the 4xGuard side guards. If you have any lift at all (and possibly even if you don't) I highly doubt you will suffer any future door dings if you install. They protrude enough to make folks think twice. Can't wait to hear the guys that park next to me at work cry when they remove some paint from their door edge. Hell, I might even start a color of the month club! :-)

pjmjr508
01-26-2011, 01:49 PM
I have just got my 4xguard rock sliders & can't wait until I get my jeep back to have them installed.

06blkhemi
01-26-2011, 07:52 PM
Here's a pic of my sliders !Love em ,can't wait to use them !!

El Cid
01-27-2011, 11:31 AM
I never tire of seeing pics like those. Thanks!

strokeZ
01-27-2011, 12:10 PM
they look great!

IamJEEP
02-02-2011, 10:23 AM
Awsome!!