PDA

View Full Version : My house was auctioned off yesterday...

LWM
11-20-2010, 08:58 AM
Well that's what I have been told anyway.

Thursday night there was a knock at my door and when I opened the door (just a crack) there were three men at the door who tried to tell me my house was up for auction and they wanted to take a peek. When I told them there must be a mistake and they needed to take a walk one of them hearing my dogs asked what kind of dogs I had to which I responded, "several different dogs" and then shut and locked the door.

As I went to retreive my handgun I heard someone bump into my front door and I took a peak through the peak hole to see my daughter on the step, I opened the door and she asked me who those guys were outside our house. I asked her if they had a car and she said she didn't see one so I called the local police and waited to see what was to happen next (nothing did, they left).

Yesterday morning there is another knock on the door and another person telling me my house is going to be auctioned off at noon today (friday) on the court steps, about a dozen people in total came by to look at the house while I am on the phone to my bank and the county recorders office.

Not sure how it happened but what a scare for the wife and I, we have not missed a payment and have put a lot of money into our house over the years so we were surprised by this.

Turns out someone somewhere (nobody admits it) made a big mistake and our house was not foreclosed on and should not have been on any list. what a relief.

DDDonkey
11-20-2010, 09:29 AM
Wow, what a scare. Glad it all worked out for you!

06blkhemi
11-20-2010, 04:22 PM
WOW ! What a horrible feeling !! Sounds like something The Bank of America would do !! We're getting ready to close on a house Dec.3rd. I couldnt imagine something like this then happening !!

LWM
11-20-2010, 05:00 PM
WOW ! What a horrible feeling !! Sounds like something The Bank of America would do !! We're getting ready to close on a house Dec.3rd. I couldnt imagine something like this then happening !!

You hit the nail on the head... My mortgage is with Bank of America, my loan modification in going on 14 months and they are the most difficult people to work with.

06blkhemi
11-20-2010, 05:13 PM
You hit the nail on the head... My mortgage is with Bank of America, my loan modification in going on 14 months and they are the most difficult people to work with.

I remember hearing on the news,they tried to change the locks on someones house,why the owners were still inside !! Same with them,they weren't due to be foreclosed on,just a clerical error by Skank of America !!

WanderingTs
11-20-2010, 07:15 PM
I would be interested to know if they pulled your house off the agenda to sell it. If they didn't, what if the "new owner" shows up? I wonder what kind of paperwork they would have?

Can you file something with the recorders office similar to a fraud alert with the credit bureau so that no one tries to file for new ownership?

What a mess!!!!!

jcoulter
11-20-2010, 08:21 PM
Holy cow! What a story. I thought it was going to be a scam after reading the first bit.

LWM
11-20-2010, 08:57 PM
I got a call about an hour ago from one of the guys who was going to bid on the house until he talked to me, he told me the house got pulled from the auction one hour before the bidding started. I wonder what would have happened if I had not called my bank to complain?

powerslave1966
11-20-2010, 09:39 PM
At least in Texas, legally, if they actually wrongfully auction off your home, you would still be the rightful owner, but you will probably have to spend some time getting things sorted out anyway. Most banks at the moment are going foreclosure crazy, I'm sure you have seen the headlines in the news recently, the fact of the matter is that banks, mortgage companies, realtors, title insurance companies (my line of work for almost 15 years) etc. are either run by people who are careless or have employees that are either inexperienced or are just as careless themselves. Somebody dropped the ball on the processing of the of the actual home to be foreclosed on, don't expect anyone to get the boot though, the blame game runs rampant in the real estate business.....

beemer9
11-22-2010, 02:53 PM
I picked it up for $10.00.
Will I be able to move in this weekend??

LWM
11-22-2010, 04:55 PM
I picked it up for $10.00.
Will I be able to move in this weekend??

We can make room, make sure you have the money for utilities :)

HueyPilotVN
11-22-2010, 05:34 PM
That sounds likle a good deal. You would have great security with a Maricopa County Sheriff Deputy on the premises.

rwmorrisonjr
12-02-2010, 03:23 PM
BoA sucks! Impossible to work with, won't budge for anything. They're the administrators for the mortgage on my place in CO. Tried 3 different short sales, all fell through due to their process and b.s. I finally pulled the listing and am now waiting for it to go into foreclosure. Its worth half what I paid for it, so let them deal with it and come back to me after they've sold it. I'm done with home ownership for a long time, renting works just fine for me.

ped4599
12-06-2010, 02:27 AM
Wow! what a mess! That is pretty crazy! I would be thinking it was group of "bad guys". Your story got my heart rate up a bit cause i could picture myself in your shoes, my mind would be racing, thinking these are probably guys i had run across at work. After we deal with people at work, we sometimes forget that after we are off duty,in our houses, the bad guys we deal with never go "offduty". Luckily its wasnt that situation, and glad to hear you house is still yours. I will stop clearing out my spare bedroom, for you.

LWM
12-06-2010, 07:23 AM
The situation made me think of how many places I have that I can hide a weapon just in case of a home invasion or similar event. Gun safes are a good idea but the bad guys are not going to give you time to get to them in order to defend your family and yourself.