PDA

View Full Version : RR lift vs RC lift

Ross
11-29-2010, 05:19 PM
Hey everyone, I am looking at various types of lifts that i want for christmas. I want to get a lift that wont require alot of extra "equiptment" such as sway bar disconnects. Through my research I have narrowed it down to the RR 2.25" lift and the RC 2" lift. I am wondering what ya'll think of the the RR vs the RC lift, if you have any other lift suggestions shoot em at me.
Thanks, Ross

strokeZ
11-29-2010, 05:45 PM
I can tell you that I was very satisfied with the RR lift when I had it. I had great cust service from RR and they replaced the poly spacers w the newly designed metal ones free of charge. I also purchased the rear shocks but not sure if they are really needed. You can always disconned sway bars the old fashioned way - unbolt em - if you want increased articulation. I cannot comment on the RC lift, but lots of folks happy w them too.

As for tires I was running 265/70/17's. At first w/ no spacers and the front tire would rub at full lock on the inside frame. I then decided to get spacers and rubbed at the pinch weld. It's definitely livable, but I eventually went with the superlift for various reasons but nothing to do with the RR.

One thing I noticed about the RR lift is that the front spacers did not have tabs to hold the bolts in place - maybe they have changed that I don't know, but it was a little difficult to get a wrench up in there to tighten them down. Not sure what the RC has.

Anyway - that's a start on feedback.

LWM
11-29-2010, 06:23 PM
I also purchased the RR 2.25" lift and still have the poly spacers in place after almost 4 years off using them. I do so pretty heavy off roading and they have not let me down yet.

Ross
11-29-2010, 07:08 PM
thanks for the feedback everyone. Knappster i was wondering which of the three RR packages you have concerning shocks.

LWM
11-30-2010, 07:26 AM
thanks for the feedback everyone. Knappster i was wondering which of the three RR packages you have concerning shocks.

I ordered the shocks with my kit, I installed my lift almost as soon as I purchased the Commander so I really cannot tell you if the ride changed or not but I like the ride with the lift and shocks. I also have heard that the Bilstins are better shocks so you might want to consider that option too.

strokeZ
11-30-2010, 08:04 AM
I had the Commander about 10k miles stock before the first lift. The standard RR shocks made the vehicle a little firmer - just a bit, but made a nice difference in handling since the ride was not so soft. When I changed out, I could see that the RR shocks extended longer than stock - supporting their claim that you might bottom out the stock shocks when off roading. Would be good to hear some feedback on the RC lift.

Ross
11-30-2010, 03:09 PM
Thank yall both i think that i am going to go with the RR lift, now all i have to do is wait till christmas to get it lol

LWM
12-01-2010, 08:27 AM
Thank yall both i think that i am going to go with the RR lift, now all i have to do is wait till christmas to get it lol

you will be happy with your choice.

Sal-XK
12-01-2010, 02:33 PM
I don't see the difference between the two lifts. There both spacer lifts and you can replace your shocks when installing either one. It should come down to price I would I think just get the cheapest one. I'm assuming the RR lift levels out the XK as the RC lift does.

Adondo
12-01-2010, 05:34 PM
Another happy RR customer here.

When I swapped the OEM spoke wheels out for the Ultrasports, I saw one back poly spacer was about to fail. RR sent me a set of new heavy steel ones FREE. No shipping, nothing.

The RR kit also levels out the front raked original stance. You'll have to re-aim your headlights, but it does look better leveled out.

NeilSmith
12-01-2010, 06:53 PM
You'll have to re-aim your headlights
What ?!! I love the way my lights shine down the road with the lift. Maybe on-coming drivers dont like em but I do. My headlights blow away the ones in my new Altima, no comparison. i cant wait to put in some Silver Star Ultras !

06blkhemi
12-02-2010, 05:24 PM
What ?!! I love the way my lights shine down the road with the lift. Maybe on-coming drivers dont like em but I do. My headlights blow away the ones in my new Altima, no comparison. i cant wait to put in some Silver Star Ultras !

Exactly! IDk my High Beams are VERY Bright and with my stock and Hella driving lights,forgetaboutit !!

BTW,I have the RC lift and have had Zero Problems with it since I put it in about a month ago or so.. You can get the Shocks anytime. I just haven't decided which ones I want yet. With the stock shocks it seems a bit more "wavy" on the road. I guess it's from the extra height of the lift,it's not horrible at all ..

Frank

strokeZ
12-02-2010, 10:16 PM
Great to hear from someone with an RC lift!!! Agree that you can get away with stock shocks if you dont go crazy off road. Also agree that the stockers are a bit too soft. I went with the Silverstars a year ago. They give a nice white light compared to stock. Bad thing is that they don't last very long and at $40 per set (high, low and fog) it's not a cheap conversion. Would be nice to get the xenon's that came stock in 2010 and I know there is a conversion...

NeilSmith
12-04-2010, 06:54 AM
I have the RC lift . I have over 60K miles and still have the stock shocks and struts. Sure Id like to swap them out but they dont need it. I have done some minor off roading and never reached their limit. You are fine with them unless a shock actually fails, which wont be because of the lift. As far as the lift goes, no problems. The spacers are steel, not poly. Easy install and very affordable.