PDA

View Full Version : removing headliner?

my4thjeep
11-29-2010, 10:05 PM
anyone done this or know where i can look on how to do this?

im wondering if i can bolt a rack that would sit above the driver/passenger area? i have a thule overhead carrier and my hi-lift/shovel/axe mounted on the other side.

LWM
11-30-2010, 07:28 AM
I removed mine to install the factory DVD player, it is a royal PITA. You have to remove ALL the plastic trim below the headliner in the entire vehicle and then pull it down out of the plastic clips. Keep track of the parts as there are many and you want to put them back in the right place.

my4thjeep
11-30-2010, 01:45 PM
knappster,

did you happen to notice what was above the front of the roof? i don't have the sunroof and was wondering if all that spot had was the sheetmetal and liner?

im wanting to mount a an overhead rack on that spot and was wondering if there was anything i needed to steer clear of?

LWM
11-30-2010, 02:28 PM
There should not be anything up there if you do not have a sun roof. Because I had a sunroof it was harder to get the headliner out, yours should be easier. The headliner is about a quarter inch think so it has to drop down as one piece or you will crease it.

NeilSmith
11-30-2010, 04:00 PM
I havent had mine out to see it but typically the only thing up there withoiut a sunroof is the roof panel itself. There wont be any bracing to support a rack.