PDA

View Full Version : You know you drive a Commander when.......

strokeZ
01-10-2011, 12:23 PM
- People keep telling you that you have a great looking Hummer
- You are happy with 18 mpg
- You forego the new shoes for bigger tires
- You start every sentance with "my next mod will be....."
- The Wrangler folks get cargo envy

any others?

Sal-XK
01-10-2011, 12:26 PM
when people say does that have lockers in it

superacerc
01-10-2011, 12:50 PM
When the disgruntled wives of Wrangler owners say while out offroading: "It sure looks warm and comfy in there."

LWM
01-10-2011, 12:54 PM
You know you drive a Commander when.......

after driving through deep water you do not have to dump out your boots!

Sal-XK
01-10-2011, 01:36 PM
Whats a commander I never heard of that.

Adondo
01-10-2011, 01:56 PM
...you're in an impossible place, (Top of Imogene Pass, somewhere on a slick-rock trail out of Moab Utah, etc.) and you get eyeballed by the usual Wrangler crowd that's there as you drive up. Next comes the inevitable question: ''How'd you get THAT thing up HERE?!?"

strokeZ
01-10-2011, 02:05 PM
- When you even consider modifying your garage door so you can fit in it with a roof rack.

Sal-XK
01-10-2011, 02:41 PM
- When you even consider modifying your garage door so you can fit in it with a roof rack.

mine fits but not if I lift it anymore I was out there starring at my header wondering how to get more height.;););)

kitkat
01-18-2011, 03:57 PM
-you, your wife, the kids, all your camping gear and half of your friends camping gear are all in YOUR truck because your friends drive a "real" jeep
-after a day of wheeling with your friends, you are the only one not wearing a parka, gloves, goggles and can drive away refreshed
-a minor fender ding is $1500 to repair
-you can't buy aftermarket parts for YOUR Jeep
-you are the only one of your group that can tow your buddy when he breaks his sh&t!

Adondo
01-19-2011, 02:18 PM
-you can't buy aftermarket parts for YOUR Jeep

Amen to THAT.

wookie
01-20-2011, 07:03 AM
-your kids and 3 friends can fit in the back, and comfortably.
-you consider drafting on the highway a great way to improve mileage.
-the roof becomes an extension of your trunk (going so far as to purchase a cooler that fits between the roof rails to free up cargo space inside)
-you register your Jeep and find out the last owner had it listed as a Cherokee

strokeZ
01-20-2011, 07:35 AM
LOL! That last one is FUNNY!!!!

CmmdrDan
05-13-2011, 04:38 PM
When you can fold the seats down and sleep like a baby in the back..
unless your Sal...then you need a sleeping pill...

Sal-XK
05-13-2011, 04:45 PM
When you can fold the seats down and sleep like a baby in the back..
unless your Sal...then you need a sleeping pill...

ahhHHHH sleeping pill my little friend and oh look his friend percocet came along too https://theultimatejeep.com/images/imported/2011/05/drool-1.gif

TrialByFire
05-13-2011, 05:29 PM
- the Rubi owner says, "drop a Dana 60 under the front and you'd have a really capable vehicle!"

Sal-XK
05-13-2011, 05:52 PM
If you're rock crawling with the windows up front and rear AC on high kids in back watching a movie wearing the wireless headphones and the wife's surfing the internet in comfort. Not that I've ever done such a thing.

Matt
05-13-2011, 07:46 PM
When you're almost 6' tall and still need a 12 foot ladder to clean the top of your vehicle that only has a 2" spacer lift.

When you're 18 month old son is spotting "airpanes" through the skylights while you're driving to work.

superacerc
05-14-2011, 09:56 AM
If you're rock crawling with the windows up front and rear AC on high kids in back watching a movie wearing the wireless headphones and the wife's surfing the internet in comfort. Not that I've ever done such a thing.

I have. Scooby Doo is with us on every wheeling trip. I've got out while on a 45ish incline on a rock surface and visited with others and took photos while my kid sits in the back like she's in a rocket ship watching scooby doo.
On my winter trip, while wheeling at night, my buddy's wife looks at his"roided" Rubicon with no top on and looks back at my wife and kids in the nice heated XK and says "It sure looks warm and comfy in there" with a slight frown.

pjmjr508
05-16-2011, 04:43 PM
Also when you go to drop off @ the dealership for some work & they ask "They make off road parts for that?" or "Are you dropping off the wifes jeep today?" My Fav was the Jeep salesman came over when I was haing it looked at and said to me "We have Jeeps that go offroad too, that will be better than the Mall Crawler Jeep)

Keep in mind this was over 2 different occasions when I was there, safe to say I have not been back to them ever again & go to a different jeep dealership. I do not like dealing with people that do not have any faith in their product

IamJEEP
05-16-2011, 06:48 PM
When you drive through a town and everyone in a lifted whatever is starring at your Commander thinking......."Damn, that B!tch is BAD!!!! You can see it in thier drool, LoL....

wookie
05-17-2011, 05:37 AM
You renew your registration and they have it listed as a Comanche this time...........................

Sal-XK
05-17-2011, 06:00 AM
When you drive through a town and everyone in a lifted whatever is starring at your Commander thinking......."Damn, that B!tch is BAD!!!! You can see it in thier drool, LoL....

The closer you get to Uwharrie the more and more lifted vehicles you will see bro enjoy the scenery.

Sal-XK
05-17-2011, 06:11 AM
In no particular order I just pulled them from the thread and put them together.

1. People keep telling you that you have a great looking Hummer
2. You are happy with 18 mpg
3. You forego the new shoes for bigger tires
4. You start every sentence with "my next mod will be....."
5. The Wrangler folks get cargo envy
6. when people say does that have lockers in it
7. It sure looks warm and comfy in there.
8. After driving through deep water you do not have to dump out your boots!
9. What’s a commander I never heard of that.
10. How'd you get THAT thing up HERE?
11. When you even consider modifying your garage door so you can fit in it with a roof rack.
12. you, your wife, the kids, all your camping gear and half of your friends camping gear are all in YOUR truck because your friends drive a "real" jeep
13. after a day of wheeling with your friends, you are the only one not wearing a parka, gloves, goggles and can drive away refreshed
14. a minor fender ding is $1500 to repair
15. you can't buy aftermarket parts for YOUR Jeep
16. You are the only one of your group that can tow your buddy when he breaks his sh&t!
17. You consider drafting on the highway a great way to improve mileage.
18. the roof becomes an extension of your trunk
19. When you can fold the seats down and sleep like a baby in the back..