PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Cold South Dakota

2010XK
01-19-2011, 09:25 AM
Hello fellow Jeep'sters....

I bought a 2010 Jeep commander in July 2010 after I traded in my 2008 Jeep JK....Loved my JK, just needed more power! Really not sure why they haven't installed a HEMI in the JK's yet....O well that is another thread. I really luv the ability to go trail riding and be able to have the luxury of a comfortable SUV. Just been doing basic upgrades as of late but plan to do a small lift and some beefier 18” tires. Also installed a K&N intake but want to look at a freer flowing exhaust, any suggestion would be cool, want a good sound outside…but don’t want to hear the exhaust inside like I did in my JK. Attached is an older pic of my XK and my old JK behind her. Will take more pics once its not -15 degrees outside.

| 2010 Commander Limited | Black Metallic | 5.3L V8 HEMI | QTII | K&N CAI + Prefilter | 20% Front Window Tint | MOPAR Chrome Gas Cap | AVS Vent Shades | MOPAR Chrome Grill | Mopar OEM Jeep Stainless Steel Door Entry Guard | 18" Wheels |

Sal-XK
01-19-2011, 07:29 PM
Welcome to the forum. There is lots of information here for you to read feel free to ask questions. With just a 2" spacer lift and some 32" tires the XK keeps up pretty well on the trail. Check out the vendor section for upgrades as well 4xguard makes a lot of armor for our jeep.

superacerc
01-19-2011, 08:07 PM
Nice to have you on the forum! Welcome from a mildly warm TX. (wore shorts and t shirt today!)

LWM
01-19-2011, 08:27 PM
Welcome to the club, glad you joined.

strokeZ
01-19-2011, 10:22 PM
Welcome! Check out the threads on exhausts!

strokeZ
01-19-2011, 11:27 PM
I have the 4.7L w a K&N, Jet chip and Gibson cat back which I am happy with - minimum drone but nice deep note. Alot of members also use magnaflow, borla, etc....all personal preference and depends how much you want to spend.