PDA

View Full Version : tire lights keeps popping on?

my4thjeep
01-21-2011, 02:20 PM
does anyone else have this or had this problem? i have spacers on if that matters? but while driving to california and back. the tpms light kept popping on and beeping?

before i had left, i checked all the tires, the spacers, and the wheels. all was fine. and when i got back i re-checked everything? but still it randomly keeps turning on?

i think i read somewhere that the tpms has problems with having larger tires and spacers? or something to that nature?

i was wondering if there was a way to turn it off or something? i check everything before i do anything offroad and any large trips.

but having that thing go off all the time is getting annoying?

i was thinking of taking the spacers off to see if that would solve anything.

anyone know what could be causing this?

Sal-XK
01-21-2011, 02:59 PM
Did you check your spare tire. Spacers or tire size should have no effect on the system. It detects tire pressure not volume or distance from the sensor. You could have one going bad. There might be a fuse just for them you can pull. The dealer might be able to disable the sensor as well.

LWM
01-21-2011, 04:16 PM
I have the larger tires and spacers and have never had any issues, my money is on the spare time or one faulty sensor.

kitkat
01-21-2011, 05:05 PM
I think I can answer this as I am in the middle of this going on.
I had my computer flashed a month ago (after owning it for 2 years). Runs way better and allows me to use the Supoerchips properly.
It started flashing the TMPS when I would be driving it on pavement at constant speed for more than 15 mins or so, would flash 30 times.
I asked the dealer about it and they said to check the tire pressure...duh...anyway, I have 4 larger tires that I run 38#'s in and the factory spare that I have 32#'s in. I guess now that the computer is running correctly, it is registering the problem. Seems the sensors go off if there is more than 2-3#'s difference...haven't bought a larger tire yet nor have I had a chance to air down my main 4 close to the spare but it makes sense..

LWM
01-21-2011, 05:22 PM
You might have something there... I do have the 32" tires but I have adjusted my computer with the SuperChips Flashpaq