PDA

View Full Version : Shed hunting & hanging around

Crackedup
02-04-2011, 05:49 PM
With temps in the 30's today and the snow finially melting off, I decided to go out hiking looking for sheds. Was a beautiful day and after hiking for awhile I decided to make a hot cup of coffee & hang the hammock for some relaxation. After poring a hot cup I laid back, gently swinging, enjoying the scenery & sounds.

By the way, I found zero sheds today. Might be too early yet, but I have seen no bucks recently. Anyone else go out shed hunting with any luck yet this year?

https://theultimatejeep.com/images/imported/2011/02/5417009658_f38135bb75-1.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/mecrackedup/5417009658/)

Sal-XK
02-04-2011, 06:08 PM
I didn't figure out what you meant by shed until the bottom of your post LOL. I was asking my self why is he walking in the woods looking for a shed I would go to lowes LOL

Crackedup
02-04-2011, 06:22 PM
I didn't figure out what you meant by shed until the bottom of your post LOL. I was asking my self why is he walking in the woods looking for a shed I would go to lowes LOL

Sal, you just about made me spit my drink all over the place. LMAO

LWM
02-04-2011, 07:04 PM

That was almost my exact thought, I had no idea what a shed was in the way it was referenced.

Sal-XK
02-04-2011, 07:26 PM
LMAO I clicked the thread because I'm building a shed this spring in my back yard so I saw shed hunting and was cool I'll check that out. I was utterly confused for a minuet there LOL My wife is now laughing at me because I told her what I was thinking when I read this post funny stuff.

Crackedup
02-04-2011, 08:03 PM
Yeah, I don't think any shed you would find out in the woods would be worth putting in your back yard.

NeilSmith
02-05-2011, 09:17 AM
Yeah, I was thinking "storage shed" when I read the title but realized pretty quickly what he was talking about. I'm not a big hunter myself but i haven't heard anyone refer to that as " shed hunting " either. Either way, it looks like it was a nice relaxing time. :)

WanderingTs
02-05-2011, 05:40 PM
I have a nice shed collection, but I wait until it is spring time to go looking. I am not dedicated enough to brave the cold. Freeze to hunt animals - yes; antlers can wait.