PDA

View Full Version : AirFlow Brand (c) Snorkel

LWM
02-07-2011, 07:03 AM
I know there has been discussion in the past on the desire to purchase a snorkle for the Commander and I think I was the first one in the United States to have the AirFlow Brand (c) Snorkle installed on my Commander.

https://theultimatejeep.com/images/imported/2010/06/DSCI0125-1.jpg

https://theultimatejeep.com/images/imported/2011/02/DSCI0124-1.jpg

There was some discussion on ather thread so I am going to copy it into the following posts as I cannot bring older posts into this thread without altering the order of the posts.

LWM
02-07-2011, 07:18 AM
Here is the quote from the other thread:

Hmmm.. Maybe right on the flares but not quiet right on the snorkel... I've been in touch with Airflow after reading this and here is (with their permission) part of Airflow's reply :

"The Commander is like every kit we have made:
Some countries (do) get that Airflow delivers a large increase in performance, decrease in fuel consumption, decrease in emissions, the vehicle can now go through water, that the air ram should never be turned backwards and the system has limit to the amount of dirt and water it can deal with.
Some (countries) don't , thinking that it's (just) there to go through water. It also depends on (conditions) in that area at the time. Then the experts come out (and comment) with opinions based on hearsay or anecdotal evidence. They generally do not stand up to sound testing. It is only through sound design criteria, extensive testing and QC that a product can be deemed suitable for the purpose or not. (Testing) could be positive or negative. We have, when presented with these scenarios made sure that any positive or negative is based on fact, then taken the required action (on negatives).

A comment on the failure or other wise of the product to sell in any one market becomes question as outlined above. Yes we would like to know if we get (it) right or wrong (so) to that end the Distributors spend a lot of time gauging their market.
We respond with a market driven product where an improvement is delivered and the numbers stack up.

We produce over 100 different models of snorkel more than any other as far as I am aware at the moment. We are the only ones that put performance improvements above ever thing else that I am aware of. To that end we have just release a new aero dynamic air intake on our Air rams that make them perform to 275% of free air.
A range of induction air cleaners is about to be released that dramatically changes the performance of the intake system.
We will start to release a range of cold air induction piping that has a large increase in performance characteristics as well.
There are plenty of big name products out there that look good, but do not delivery the primary goal of minimum air flows to the throttle body. The reality is that many of these products deliver a decrease in air flow with profound detrimental effects.
Improved air flow is the thing that will lead to sustain improvement without shortening the life of the engine, as is the case with some other aftermarket hard and software products.

As far as we are concerned the Commander product has well and truly exceeded our budget target. We will continue to develop products in a wide range of areas as we have done for the last 20 years.
We are committed to upgrading the existing ranges and expanding our ranges of world wide products

Note: Text within () are my editing for clarity. Also in response to the "only 3 sold", even though Airflow haven't given actual numbers sold, the last para clearly indicates a sales success...I have one fitted and wouldn't be without it.

For verification and clarification of any of this, contact Michael at Airflow: [email protected]

Also in response to the "only 3 sold", even though Airflow haven't given actual numbers sold, the last para clearly indicates a sales success...I have one fitted and wouldn't be without it.

For verification and clarification of any of this, contact Michael at Airflow: [email protected]

Only 3 had been sold in North America at the time his comment was made, I know as I am one of the three owners. Airflow has however failed to make a product that will work with the XK (you have an XH) and still allow us to keep our factory radio antenna. I have no antenna at the current time since Airflow has not followed through with the replacement they promised me well over a year ago.

Hmmm....North America...My apologies...Thanks....Wasn't immediately clear the way it was stated...The fact still remains that, as a product it is a success here in Oz and other global markets with far less Commanders sold than the US.....I along with a few others here lobbied to get this snorkel going for the XH and I know the person who volunteered his vehicle here, to get the snorkel developed and the first one ever fitted...If we'd taken the line that low volume seller like the Commander just give up then there would be no snorkel at all and this probably goes for the flares as well.....I can discuss your "no antenna at the current time since Airflow has not followed through with the replacement they promised me well over a year ago" with Michael if you wish...Guess you've asked Rocky Road Outfitters (http://www.rocky-road.com/commander.html); distributor in the US???......Would have thought an aftermarket telescopic antenna kit would do the trick..As you probably know, our antenna is printed type on the rear side window (cargo).

Edit: I will ask Airflow if they're interested in making "flare spacers" as suggested by adamag25 to fit between the OEM flares and the body to extend them out...If done right then should look ok.

Knappster...maybe we should start another thread on this...I've jumped the gun and spoke to Michael @ Airflow and seems that your US model antenna issue has gone under the radar.. He says he's unaware of an issue and needs as many detailed photos as he can get of the XK antenna installation etc and will investigate a fix. Rather than me be a go-between, probably best if you contact him again directly.... I'm willing to forward any photos to Michael if you wish....There is a fair degree of difficulty here for him not having an XK physically to work with so as much info as you can provide will certainly help.

Snorkle comments have been removed from fender flair thread as they appear in their full version here.

LWM
02-07-2011, 07:26 AM
Take notice in this phone of the XK that the radio antenna is on the front passenger fender in the location where the snorkle is installed.

https://theultimatejeep.com/images/imported/2011/02/DSCI0089-1.jpg

https://theultimatejeep.com/images/imported/2010/06/DSCI0125-1.jpg

Because of this the antenna had to be removed and is no longer functional.

The business here in Arizona that installed the snorkle had me take it back to them and they did a mock up on an extra piece sent to them from AirFlow and they indicated on that extra snorkle piece where the snorkel needed to be modified for the North American XK, I have e-mailed them several time since then and they have failed to respond. I have been waiting over a year for this fix.

LWM
02-07-2011, 07:32 AM
Knappster...maybe we should start another thread on this...I've jumped the gun and spoke to Michael @ Airflow and seems that your US model antenna issue has gone under the radar.. He says he's unaware of an issue and needs as many detailed photos as he can get of the XK antenna installation etc and will investigate a fix. Rather than me be a go-between, probably best if you contact him again directly.... I'm willing to forward any photos to Michael if you wish....There is a fair degree of difficulty here for him not having an XK physically to work with so as much info as you can provide will certainly help.

I will be more than happy to provide any photos and assistance that I can as this really does need to be fixed. Thanks!

xhjeep
02-07-2011, 04:14 PM
Hello Knappster,

Here is an email I've just received from Michael... Not sure why he thinks "Replacement" should be thinking "Fix"....I'll pass on some of the pics from this thread....Can you email him or PM me with your email address so I can get him to contact you???

Who did you speak to regarding a replacement ?
Any correspondence you have would be helpful
I can not find any reference to this issue or any product replacement
Please let me know so I can remedy any slip up on our part

Regards
Michael Kirk-Williams
Airflow Vector P/L

bigmaninds
02-07-2011, 06:41 PM
Does this snorkel work on all engines for the Jeep Commander 3.7, 4.7? look like the same air box...

LWM
02-07-2011, 10:33 PM
Does this snorkel work on all engines for the Jeep Commander 3.7, 4.7? look like the same air box...

Yes, the snorkel works on any of the air boxes with some modifications.

El Cid
02-09-2011, 06:38 PM
I truly do hope AirFlow gets things together on building this kit to work with the XK by accommodating our antenna placement. It's a shame to have such a useful item unavailable to us as a result of the oversight.

LWM
02-09-2011, 07:59 PM
I truly do hope AirFlow gets things together on building this kit to work with the XK by accommodating our antenna placement. It's a shame to have such a useful item unavailable to us as a result of the oversight.

I had a half hour talk with Michael from Air Flow today and I think we have come up with the solution.

I was instructed to find a new location for the antenna and go about any modifications I need while documenting the steps so that it can become part of the snorkel installation process. I have a really good idea and I am going to take a bunch of photos on Friday and post them here for the forums thoughts.

Air Flow will refund any expense I incur during this process but I do not think this will cost all that much if my idea works.

xhjeep
02-10-2011, 04:46 AM
Glad things are happening at last for you Knappster... Trust you found Michael a good bloke & easy to discuss ideas with.... I did when he was developing the XH snorkel.

LWM
02-10-2011, 07:03 AM
Glad thing are happening at last for you Knappster... Trust you found Michael a good bloke & easy to discuss ideas with.... I did when he was developing the XH snorkel.

He was fun to talk too, talked about a lot of technical stuff that was over my head but I coul dtell he loved whatever he was talking about. the connect was not hte best but the conversation was good and he sounds like he really knows and loves what he is doing. As you know there are a couple other projects in the works that I will post more about after he has completed his patents.

Sal-XK
02-10-2011, 08:51 AM
He was fun to talk too, talked about a lot of technical stuff that was over my head but I coul dtell he loved whatever he was talking about. the connect was not hte best but the conversation was good and he sounds like he really knows and loves what he is doing. As you know there are a couple other projects in the works that I will post more about after he has completed his patents.

ummm now your have my curiosity peaked

LWM
02-10-2011, 12:46 PM
ummm now your have my curiosity peaked

curiosity killed the cat!

Sal-XK
02-10-2011, 01:28 PM
curiosity killed the cat!

I never run out ways to get in trouble

kitkat
02-10-2011, 04:29 PM
Just FYI for everyone, Rocky Road now has these, and very inexpensive compared to the prices on the Airflow site. But, as of last week when I was talikng to RR, still no fix for the antenna. The online help from RR actaully called Airflow while I was on still nothing.
I have been thinking of one but then there is the whole "is this really usefull" question. Not sure how many people ford rivers but this is only one little step. The fuses under the hood would need to be waterproofed, the electronis, everything...big job

xhjeep
02-10-2011, 06:11 PM
Not sure how many people ford rivers but this is only one little step. The fuses under the hood would need to be waterproofed, the electronis, everything...big job

Snorkel is not just for deep water... When fording any water crossing there maybe a hidden dip or washout and if the hood dips or there is a bow wave large enough off a bank or drive too fast through shallow water and the engine gulps water (and not much) then it's history especially with modern high compression power plants & certainly diesels..No second chance in almost all cases.... For me it's not the issue of water, I do a lot of hot dusty desert driving and a snorkel is a bonus ..Why??...Well it draws in cooler air up higher off the surface and and cleaner, a definite economy advantage as well as power increase from the "Ram" effect...So not just for water but then a hydrolock will be expensive...You'll need an understanding bank manager

Brandon1024
03-22-2011, 05:24 PM
Looks good but I dont really see the purpose of them because by the time i would need it my electrical is already gone...

Sal-XK
03-22-2011, 07:05 PM
The components under the hood can take a lot of water before anything happens and then most likely just blow a fuse. Any problems you get electrical under the hood is a lot cheaper then a new engine.

Brandon1024
03-22-2011, 07:59 PM
The components under the hood can take a lot of water before anything happens and then most likely just blow a fuse. Any problems you get electrical under the hood is a lot cheaper then a new engine.

Learn something new everyday. Now just to waterproof my wiring. Kills me to cut into my XK like that...

Sal-XK
03-23-2011, 02:19 AM
I personally stay out of the water and mud as much as I can and still got mud on my filter and sucked a little water in a few times. Anything you can do to get rid of the stock intake is a good thing on the XK. A CAI will help a snorkel will eliminate this unless you drive in a lake. I for now just put a filter right on the inlet that attatches to the throttle body to get me by for the time being. But if you off road you need to do something IMO

07JeepXK
03-23-2011, 11:12 AM
Learn something new everyday. Now just to waterproof my wiring. Kills me to cut into my XK like that...

I wouldnt worry about water proofing your wiring. I have seen hundreds of 4x4's hydrolock their engines, and had no problems with wiring or anything to that effect. If they would have had a snorkel, they would have been fine. I almost hydrolocked my engine in the XK. No water got anywhere near the fuses or PCM but it found its way in the air box.

Brandon1024
03-23-2011, 03:38 PM
Ha I meant like for my lighting and amp I have it hard wired and not to the fuse box (summertime job) to change that

06blkhemi
04-24-2011, 05:58 PM
I actually wouldn't mind loosing the ant. for the radio myself.. I hardly ever listen to regular radio since I have satellite radio. Does it cover over the ant. hole or can you see the hole? That would look like crap IMO! BTW OK4wd here in Jersey is now carrying these,around $400+ bucks.. There's a few other mods I need first before this like a little bit more aggressive tire..

Frank

LWM
04-24-2011, 08:28 PM
I actually wouldn't mind loosing the ant. for the radio myself.. I hardly ever listen to regular radio since I have satellite radio. Does it cover over the ant. hole or can you see the hole?

I don't have satellite since this is not driven often enough to be worth it in the Commander (Have it in my smart).

It does cover the hole but you can still see it if you look straight down from above and are trying to find it, remember when it was designed they hadn't considered the antenna as they do not have one there on the HK.

cico7
04-25-2011, 07:56 AM
The engineers go to a lot of work making sure the engine is pretty secure. When you wash your engine, you don't have to cover all the electrical gear.
If you did, there would not be anything left to wash. The only thing you really need to worry about is getting water in the intake. That being said,
dipping the engine in the water won't be a problem as long as the intake is dry.

Did you see the movie "Dante's Peak" he turned his truck into a submarine and drove out of the water. And it emerged completely dry. Ok i know it is a movie...

LWM
04-25-2011, 08:36 AM
I drove thru some pretty deep water on Saturday

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfNiCFg_Qhg&feature=player_embedded

My run through the deep stuff is at 3 minutes and 15 seconds.

06blkhemi
04-25-2011, 03:29 PM
That was awesome! thanks for sharing!

07JeepXK
04-25-2011, 05:43 PM
That was an awsome video! Good thing you have a snorkel or you'd be buying a new engine....lol

LWM
04-25-2011, 06:55 PM
That was an awsome video! Good thing you have a snorkel or you'd be buying a new engine....lol

Didn't know it was that deep until I got into it!

Matt
04-25-2011, 07:18 PM

x2!!

I hydrolocked the engine in my explorer 3 times... never had an electrical issue. Each time i was able to get the engine running again. After the 3rd time i built a snorkel lol.

BUT... the damage took its toll. I must've weakend one of the connecting rods because pulling out of work one day it broke and punched 3 holes through the engine!!

https://theultimatejeep.com/images/imported/2011/04/12637Picture_001-1.jpg

https://theultimatejeep.com/images/imported/2011/04/12637Picture_002-1.jpg

https://theultimatejeep.com/images/imported/2011/04/12637Picture_003-1.jpg

That was a fun wheeling rig!!

https://theultimatejeep.com/images/imported/2011/04/12637side35s-1.jpg

Moral of the story... if you're using "but you'll just get the electrical stuff wet so i dont see the point" as your excuse for not getting a snorkel, you're sorely mistaken. The electronics aren't a big deal. However, you do want to make sure you extend your vent lines and check you diffs/trans/tcase fluids afterwards and change them on the "severe" cycle since there will be some water ingestion.

Sal-XK
04-25-2011, 08:04 PM
when i can find the parts I need I will show you my version of a snorkel. Man its hard to type after you take your nighty night pill

xhjeep
11-20-2011, 06:46 AM
I know there has been discussion in the past on the desire to purchase a snorkle for the Commander and I think I was the first one in the United States to have the AirFlow Brand (c) Snorkle installed on my Commander.

Been some time since Michael at Airflow emailed about your snorkel & antenna problem....Any solution, yours or Airflow???

LWM
11-20-2011, 08:55 AM
Been some time since Michael at Airflow emailed about your snorkel & antenna problem....Any solution, yours or Airflow???

I moved my antenna to the drivers side:

https://theultimatejeep.com/notfound.png

https://theultimatejeep.com/notfound.png

Sal-XK
11-28-2011, 01:25 PM
Your pics are broke!

Sal-XK
11-28-2011, 01:27 PM
Also rocky road has them listed as discontinued

LWM
11-28-2011, 01:30 PM
Your pics are broke!

I will play with photobucket tonight, I moved some photos and forgot about links.

Also rocky road has them listed as discontinued

I think Rocky Road stoped selling them but I plan to have them if possible.

Sal-XK
11-28-2011, 01:39 PM
I will play with photobucket tonight, I moved some photos and forgot about links.

I think Rocky Road stoped selling them but I plan to have them if possible.

Ok cool and take that suggested retail price and throw it out the window LOL I don't know if I can bring myself to spend $500+ on a snorkel.

07JeepXK
11-28-2011, 03:32 PM
I heard a while back that Airflow was going to design a new box that the filter goes in under the hood. Do they still plan on doing this? Ill have the Airflow snorkel some day! Maybe after February once I get my reenlistment bonus!

LWM
11-28-2011, 04:45 PM
I heard a while back that Airflow was going to design a new box that the filter goes in under the hood. Do they still plan on doing this? Ill have the Airflow snorkel some day! Maybe after February once I get my reenlistment bonus!

Michael was telling me about the design several months back but they were working on the patent so I will not say much on that yet, but I look forward to adding it to my system.

07JeepXK
11-29-2011, 12:07 PM
So its something they are definately working on then?

LWM
11-29-2011, 01:01 PM
So its something they are definately working on then?

In a word... Yes

07JeepXK
11-29-2011, 03:15 PM
Thats good to hear!

07JeepXK
02-21-2012, 09:30 PM
Just a heads up for everyone on the forum. There are several websites that list the Air Flow snorkel here in the U.S. but I found out the hard way that there are currently no kits actually here in the U.S. ready to ship. There were only about 3 kits sent here from Australia and all 3 are currently installed on Commanders. From what I was told from both Air Flow America and the guys in Australia is that the only way to really get ur hands on one is to order one directly from Australia which is kinda pricey due to shipping costs. I ordered one from ok4wd.com and my money was rufunded the next day however I got lucky and scored an Air Flow snorkel for $100 shipped today. I'll let the cat out of the bag once it arrives on my door step. I guess the reason there are no kits over here is due to the unresolved antenna issue along with the hole in the fender from where the antenna used to be prior to the snorkel install.

LWM
02-22-2012, 03:24 AM
Just a heads up for everyone on the forum. There are several websites that list the Air Flow snorkel here in the U.S. but I found out the hard way that there are currently no kits actually here in the U.S. ready to ship. There were only about 3 kits sent here from Australia and all 3 are currently installed on Commanders. From what I was told from both Air Flow America and the guys in Australia is that the only way to really get ur hands on one is to order one directly from Australia which is kinda pricey due to shipping costs. I ordered one from ok4wd.com and my money was rufunded the next day however I got lucky and scored an Air Flow snorkel for $100 shipped today. I'll let the cat out of the bag once it arrives on my door step. I guess the reason there are no kits over here is due to the unresolved antenna issue along with the hole in the fender from where the antenna used to be prior to the snorkel install.

That is interesting since I sent them the fix for that problem. I moved my antenna to the driver side and since then even came up with an easier solution of using a wrangler antenna instead of the stock unit.

Sal-XK
02-22-2012, 03:36 AM
$100 WOW what a s score!!!! I would fell off my chair ordering it for that price. Lucky!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

07JeepXK
02-22-2012, 04:59 AM
That is interesting since I sent them the fix for that problem. I moved my antenna to the driver side and since then even came up with an easier solution of using a wrangler antenna instead of the stock unit.

Could you please elaborate on how you fixed that problem!

$100 WOW what a s score!!!! I would fell off my chair ordering it for that price. Lucky!

Yup $100 and that included shipping. It is however missing a part or two thats needed under the hood. But from what im being told it has the actual Air Flow snorkel itself, the snorkel head, all mounting hardware to physically mount the snorkel to the fender and A piller and also a random box of misc. parts and pieces for under the hood.

Sal-XK
02-22-2012, 05:34 AM
Could you please elaborate on how you fixed that problem!

Yup $100 and that included shipping. It is however missing a part or two thats needed under the hood. But from what im being told it has the actual Air Flow snorkel itself, the snorkel head, all mounting hardware to physically mount the snorkel to the fender and A piller and also a random box of misc. parts and pieces for under the hood.

nice for that price as long as the snorkel was there I would just make the rest to get it installed :)

07JeepXK
02-22-2012, 12:07 PM
nice for that price as long as the snorkel was there I would just make the rest to get it installed :)

Thats the plan. I'll just have to wait and see what all got sent in the box and purchase anything else I might need from Lowes or Home Depot.

Sal-XK
02-22-2012, 12:17 PM
Thats the plan. I'll just have to wait and see what all got sent in the box and purchase anything else I might need from Lowes or Home Depot.

Ok were did ya find it? What sites do I need to be digging threw LOL

07JeepXK
02-22-2012, 01:23 PM
Ok were did ya find it? What sites do I need to be digging threw LOL

LMAO. Unfortunately it was the only Air Flow Snorkel kit in the United States not currently installed on an XK (of course its missing a few pieces). So the only way for you to get one is to purchase it directly from Australia (www.snorkels.com.au) at $495 plus approx. $100 for shipping to the U.S. (Freight). Sorry, but you know if more were available at the same price I got mine I would have posted it on the forum for you guys.

Sal-XK
02-22-2012, 03:03 PM
LMAO. Unfortunately it was the only Air Flow Snorkel kit in the United States not currently installed on an XK (of course its missing a few pieces). So the only way for you to get one is to purchase it directly from Australia (www.snorkels.com.au) at $495 plus approx. $100 for shipping to the U.S. (Freight). Sorry, but you know if more were available at the same price I got mine I would have posted it on the forum for you guys.

Ya I figured as much at that price I can have one made for half that.

LWM
02-22-2012, 04:51 PM
Well if you need help with the parts list, let me know!

07JeepXK
02-23-2012, 06:41 AM
Well if you need help with the parts list, let me know!

I'm going to see what all Kurt sent me once it arrives and go from there. He said he threw a bunch of extra parts in the box so with a little creative thinking and a trip to the parts so and i'll be set! I'll be in contact with you once its installed so I can pick your brain about the antenna relocation. I want to mount it on the driver's side like you did.

Sal-XK
02-23-2012, 08:42 AM
Jon, I think it would be great if SA had an affordable snorkel to sell us. I was looking at my friends snorkel for his JK and it really does not look hard to make at all. I think it would be easier then making sliders. IMO

LWM
02-23-2012, 10:05 AM
Jon, I think it would be great if SA had an affordable snorkel to sell us. I was looking at my friends snorkel for his JK and it really does not look hard to make at all. I think it would be easier then making sliders. IMO

I would be more than willing to produce if you can get me a set of plans. The R & D time is what I don't have yet.

Sal-XK
02-23-2012, 10:18 AM
I would be more than willing to produce if you can get me a set of plans. The R & D time is what I don't have yet.

You have one its attached to your Jeep! LMAO I guess if you still need plans when I'm done with mine you can have it. But I won't be making mine for a while. I plan on making mine with square edges though nothing fancy just going to match the lines of the XK as good as I can. Form what I can tell one sheet metal will do the trick. Cut out the 4 sides weld together :)

Gotterdid
02-26-2012, 08:32 PM
My Airflow snorkel is still sitting on a shelf in my garage...:( I lost the template to mark and cut the fender. If anyone has a line on where to get that template, please let me know! I sent an email off to [email protected] when I discovered this thread moments ago.

CSH

07JeepXK
02-27-2012, 02:18 PM
My Airflow snorkel is still sitting on a shelf in my garage...:( I lost the template to mark and cut the fender. If anyone has a line on where to get that template, please let me know! I sent an email off to [email protected] when I discovered this thread moments ago.

CSH

Its funny because one of the things missing from the Air Flow snorkel I scored for $100 is the template. I think I can make my own template with a little creative thinking. If everything works out ill send it to you. One way or another my snorkel is going on the XK Friday night!

07JeepXK
03-04-2012, 12:51 PM
Here are a few pictures from the snorkel install. I have a bunch more on my phone that I have to down load to my computer. Ill try to get them posted in the next few hours.

Airbox complete.

https://theultimatejeep.com/images/imported/2012/03/P1011715-1.jpg

3 inch I.D. heavy duty flexible hose coming off the snorkel down the inner fender well.

https://theultimatejeep.com/images/imported/2012/03/P1011720-1.jpg

3.5 inch O.D. to 3 inch O.D adapter my buddy fabbed up for me to connect the hose from the snorkel to the hose from the airbox.

https://theultimatejeep.com/images/imported/2012/03/P1011719-1.jpg

Everything hooked up. I got a little carried away with the Silicone....lol

https://theultimatejeep.com/images/imported/2012/03/P1011722-1.jpg

https://theultimatejeep.com/images/imported/2012/03/P1011723-1.jpg

Sal-XK
03-04-2012, 01:54 PM
Looking good man!

pjmjr508
03-05-2012, 08:58 AM
Nice

07JeepXK
03-07-2012, 08:32 AM
Here are the pictures from my phone!

Entire front end of XK tore apart to modify the inner fender for 3 inch I.D. flexible HD Hose

https://theultimatejeep.com/images/imported/2012/03/IMAG0178-1.jpg

Air box ready for modification.

https://theultimatejeep.com/images/imported/2012/03/IMAG0177-1.jpg

Modification done to the front of the inner fender behind the passenger headlight to allow the hose to bend toward the airbox since I was missing the 90 degree elbow from the kit

https://theultimatejeep.com/images/imported/2012/03/IMAG0179-1.jpg

A little angle grinder action so the hose off the snorkel could bend properly and route towards the front of the XK inside the fender.

https://theultimatejeep.com/images/imported/2012/03/IMAG0180-1.jpg

Paint

https://theultimatejeep.com/images/imported/2012/03/IMAG0181-1.jpg

Final product.

https://theultimatejeep.com/images/imported/2012/03/IMAG0172-1.jpg

https://theultimatejeep.com/images/imported/2012/03/IMAG0171-1.jpg

criket
03-07-2012, 10:34 AM
Looks really good man. Nice job! Take a video whenever you test it out, lol.

07JeepXK
03-07-2012, 11:20 AM
Looks really good man. Nice job! Take a video whenever you test it out, lol.

Thanks! I'll definitely get some video when I test it out. I'm very confident that everything is air tight!

LWM
03-07-2012, 04:44 PM
Looks fantastic, you would never know you did not have the entire kit.

Gotterdid
03-07-2012, 11:04 PM
Heck Yeah! New template is on its way from Australia! I wonder how long before it gets here??

07JeepXK
03-08-2012, 06:26 AM
Looks fantastic, you would never know you did not have the entire kit.

Exactly, and I even used better more durable hose under the hood to connect the snorkel to the air box.

Heck Yeah! New template is on its way from Australia! I wonder how long before it gets here??

I wish I had the template and didnt have to make my own. Oh well, everything worked out in the end. Total cost $175, You cant beat that price!

07JeepXK
03-12-2012, 06:52 AM
I finished the last stage of the Snorkel install this weekend by relocating the antenna to the drivers side fender. Im very pleased with this kit. If I had to do it all over again and didnt find this snorkel for so cheap I would have had no problem paying over $500 for a full kit from Austrailia. Its so worth it if you ask me.

https://theultimatejeep.com/images/imported/2012/03/IMAG0197-1.jpg

Gotterdid
03-20-2012, 11:05 PM
Where can I get the antenna relo kit?

07JeepXK
03-21-2012, 04:08 AM
Where can I get the antenna relo kit?

There isn't an actual antenna relocation kit. You just need to un hook the antenna cable from the back of the radio.and pull it out the passenger side fire wall. Then you need to re route it on the drivers side of the jeep through the fire wall and plug the cable back in the radio. Once thats done you need to mark and drill a hole in the drivers side fender at the same spot the antenna was on the passenger side. Its a process that takes a few hours but wasn't hard.