PDA

View Full Version : Membership Drive

Tymac
06-14-2010, 04:11 PM
Time to start a membership drive or are you want to stay away from that subject?

LWM
06-14-2010, 05:34 PM
Time to start a membership drive or are you want to stay away from that subject?

That is the plan but I just need a few more members to help me come up with the packages. I do not want anyone to think this is about the money, I want to clear enough to pay for the operations not make a living.

So far with domain names, site hosting, vBulletin software I am in for about $400.00

The monthly cost once it is up and running is only about $15.00 per month, I plan to put all member/vendor fees into a special account to cover long term operations.

jcoulter
06-14-2010, 06:34 PM
Wow that's not that much. I thought that a venture like this would incur a higher monthly charge.

LWM
06-14-2010, 06:37 PM
The startup is the software, the monthly hosting is only about $15, The domain is $10 a year so thats only $1 per month.

GPintheMitten
06-14-2010, 08:53 PM
I'll contribute. Just let me know how / when you want to do it.

LWM
06-14-2010, 08:57 PM
I'll contribute. Just let me know how / when you want to do it.

I have to come up with a couple of levels (suggestions welcome) and then I will set a price, I can tell you it will not be very expensive. Again my goal is not to make money off my friends!

Sal-XK
06-15-2010, 08:17 PM
I have to come up with a couple of levels (suggestions welcome) and then I will set a price, I can tell you it will not be very expensive. Again my goal is not to make money off my friends!
I agree with having different levels. I'm guessing your considering a life time and monthly or yearly memberships. I would suggest a level maybe called Supporter or something. It would be a level that we could donate money to the cause in case we can't afford the other options. A donating level would at least give those who can't afford the other levels a chance to at least contribute to the forum even if it is only a dollar or two at a time.

LWM
06-15-2010, 08:25 PM
I agree with having different levels. I'm guessing your considering a life time and monthly or yearly memberships. I would suggest a level maybe called Supporter or something. It would be a level that we could donate money to the cause in case we can't afford the other options. A donating level would at least give those who can't afford the other levels a chance to at least contribute to the forum even if it is only a dollar or two at a time.

I was thinking something like "the other" forum has; Free, 1 year @ $15. Life @ $40 plus 2 business levels (small and large businesses with annual and life as well).

GPintheMitten
06-15-2010, 09:20 PM
That would work for me. Whatever works for you and the group is fine with me.

07JeepXK
06-15-2010, 09:52 PM
Sounds good to me also!

Sal-XK
06-15-2010, 10:29 PM
well that not expensive at all sounds good to me.