PDA

View Full Version : Anyone using skype?

LWM
02-09-2011, 08:05 PM
Michael from Air Flow asked me to set up a Skye account so that we can video conference the snorkel / antenna project so I set up an account today. Is anyone else using it?

Sal-XK
02-09-2011, 08:23 PM
I use every now and again

WanderingTs
02-11-2011, 02:52 AM
I use it to let the grandparents talk to the little one. He loves it! While it is great to talk to grandma and grandpa on the phone, it is better to see them. Plus then he can show them stuff he is doing and they can see the big smile when they talk to him.

1USMC
02-17-2011, 03:21 PM
I set it up for my elderly land lady in Detroit so she could talk to her Son and his family in China.. They would only talk a couple of times on the phone every year, for short periods before that. She can now see and talk to the grand kids..She loves it.!.!. I haven't used it myself yet.

LWM
02-17-2011, 03:32 PM
I set it all up but have not tried it out yet.

1USMC
02-17-2011, 07:58 PM
I'm currently in Mexico City, our hotel was just changed to one that is next to our American Embassy, Lots of uniformed men walking around with automatic weapons. ( I'm w/o my old flak jacket and M-16 ..ouch..). Wife tried to call my cell phone, and I e-mailed her I would talk to her tomorrow when I get back in the states. I just found out from a co- worker that Skype also has a way to talk via the phone at a greatly reduced rate ( vs free over the Internet).. I will investigate this option more.

hoaxci5
02-25-2011, 07:17 PM
I've been using to keep in contact with my wife who is deployed to Afghanistan. It's been hit and miss as far as quality, but thats due to her internet connection not the program. I've also used it for some calls back to VA so my clients and I could have a little more interaction with projects we are currently working on.

superacerc
02-25-2011, 07:50 PM
I use it but not all that often. Mainly to let the Grand parents see the kids and talk to them. Works on my blackberry as well. ALso works great on androids and anywhere you have a wifi connection on the droid you can make free skype to skype calls!! Doesn't matter if you're in Europe or wherever.