PDA

View Full Version : New from NJ

Matt
02-22-2011, 06:14 AM
Hey everyone. Just signed up here.... have had my xk since July of this past year. It started out as my wife's DD and I have recently taken it over (traded in my Sierra to eliminate a truck payment and got the wife a Liberty). The xk has some big shoes to fill, so I have a lot of mods planned.... but they'll take some time since I have a 15 month old son and a daughter due this July... and its not easy living in NJ being a young couple like my wife and I (only 27 and 26).

I have a pretty extensive knowledge base of vehicles, trucks, lifts, suspension, etc. I grew up lifting and wheeling vehicles... everything from Ford Explorers to Silverados to Rams to Jeep XJs and everything in between. I was an ASE tech for the better of 7 years (but we all know that ASEs really don't mean anything... I know Master Techs who cant do an oil change properly). I no longer turn wrenches for a living..... my tools are at home in my garage and now I work as an engineer; primarily failure mode analysis and design work of a major mechanical system that keeps our Navy going strong.

I hope I can add to this site and I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone. I'm not new to forums either.... been a very active member for a good 10 years now.

My name is.....obvious. :)

superacerc
02-22-2011, 06:35 AM
Nice to have you around Obvious....er Matt.

Sal-XK
02-22-2011, 06:37 AM
Glad you made it, Welcome

07JeepXK
02-22-2011, 08:57 AM
Welcome! I think you will like it over here....

Matt
02-22-2011, 09:12 AM
Thanks everyone. I've been quite busy the past few days because I'm mentoring a local highschools robotics team (They compete in the FIRST competition: www.usfirst.org/roboticsprograms/frc )... and tonight is our last "build" night before sealing it up for the competition. So once I get some free time again ill get to work on a garage & stuff.

Spigot
02-22-2011, 12:16 PM
Welcome to the forum.

CT-riverrat
02-23-2011, 04:18 AM
From one Newbie to another. Welcome. I wish I could have been the first to call you obvious though. LOL
2 Matt's and both with silver Commanders.

Matt
02-23-2011, 04:21 AM
I was wondering who would be the first to call me "obvious". Pleasantly surprised that it didn't take too long.... makes it easy to gauge how much fun we'll have here :D

superacerc
02-23-2011, 06:12 AM
I was wondering who would be the first to call me "obvious". Pleasantly surprised that it didn't take too long.... makes it easy to gauge how much fun we'll have here
Couldn't help myself. Two matts from two of the most influential states in my coast guard career. NJ for Boot camp and CT for Officer School.

Matt
02-23-2011, 06:26 AM
"They call me.......tater"

Matt
03-13-2012, 06:47 PM
.... just making the forum interesting tonight for "bored butt"

Sal-XK
03-13-2012, 06:50 PM
.... just making the forum interesting tonight for "bored butt"

LOL did you notice me in threads with you LMAO