PDA

View Full Version : removing 3rd row seats?

my4thjeep
02-24-2011, 10:49 PM
i was wondering for those that have taken the 3rd row out on there xk? are you able to take out just one seat? or are they one piece?

i was looking to take one side out and make a storage box while having one seat still in for "just in case."

just wondering before i get in there and take things apart?

HueyPilotVN
02-25-2011, 05:10 AM
One Piece

07JeepXK
02-25-2011, 07:35 AM
Yup, definately all one piece. But you could be the fist Commander owner to cut it in half and fab up some new mounting brackets to hold it in. lol

my4thjeep
02-27-2011, 08:12 PM
well, finally got it out! my god that 2nd bolt in the middle was a real pain!!!!!

i was looking at how to take the 3rd row seat apart so i could put one side in? anyone look at them and how it could be done? it looks like there is a cross bar on the bottom that i could cut and it could be done? its where the 2 middle bolts go in, it looks like i could maybe "pry" that support bracket off and maybe cut the cross bar and it would split?

i do like how deep it is with out the seats in! im wanting to put something in to where i could put my tool bag and a other stuff to lock down and keep out of sight?

ive got a box made just to see how it fits before i make a permanent one? but again, it boils down to see if i can cut that cross bar under the seats so that i could split them and put at least one of the back in and have a box on the empty side....

Adondo
02-28-2011, 12:10 PM
Here's what I did: http://www.villagephotos.com/members/photos.aspx?a=2064351

As for splitting the seat, you're on your own there. :)