PDA

View Full Version : No pep past 60 mph...

bigmaninds
03-20-2011, 07:22 PM
Today I was driving my Commander on the freeway and going around 60 mph. So I tried to speed up to pass a car and very little happened. It seems as it is very sluggish going over 60, very little response. I do have a 3.7 QT1, I have never noticed this before any ideas? I have changed my plugs and oil recently, just trying to toubleshoot this... :confused:

Sal-XK
03-20-2011, 07:29 PM
Just a quick check here, did you gap you plugs correctly? Also make sure nothing came loose push on all the plug wires to make sure they are still seated on the plugs all the way.

Spigot
03-20-2011, 07:36 PM
Just a quick check here, did you gap you plugs correctly? Also make sure nothing came loose push on all the plug wires to make sure they are still seated on the plugs all the way.

Yeah, check the gap on the plugs. Same thing happened to me. I went to auto zone, bought new plugs, and watch them gap them...problem solved.

bigmaninds
03-20-2011, 08:01 PM
Recently changed meaning like a month ago..I just noticed this problem in the last 3 days.

LWM
03-20-2011, 08:32 PM
Recently changed meaning like a month ago..I just noticed this problem in the last 3 days.

Confirm all your wires are still in place.