PDA

View Full Version : JeepinbyAl Lift installed..

ruquik
03-21-2011, 02:26 PM
https://theultimatejeep.com/images/imported/2011/03/20110319_162251_804-1.jpg
https://theultimatejeep.com/images/imported/2011/03/20110319_162219_146-1.jpg
https://theultimatejeep.com/images/imported/2011/03/20110319_110954_209-1.jpg

Eibach Spring custom wound

Fox 2.5 Piggyback Reservoir shocks (Front)

Bilstien 7100 Reservoir shocks (Rear)

JBA UCA and double discos.

Rear droop is limited by the gas tank shield, but it was notched so the rear lower control arm hit the sheild just before is would contact the tank itself

Center to fender. (I know these number are up for debate, lol)
Front: 21-1/2"
Rear 21-5/8

-Brad

Sal-XK
03-21-2011, 03:14 PM
looking good nice flex

Matt
03-21-2011, 05:32 PM
Some things i mentioned in another place... but might as well ask them here...

1) Is JBA going to offer those Fox Coilovers separately? They'd be a nice replacement for the stock struts + spacers used in the SL kit.

2) I'd love to see some detailed pictures of the front end angles (control arms, tie rods CV's) at normal ride height and at full suspension drop.

3) Whats the eye-to-eye full compressed and extended lengths of the 7100s for the rear?

4) And one more i just thought of... whats the full compressed and extended lengths of the Fox coilovers?

Matt
08-24-2011, 07:39 PM
Bump

Holaday07 4.7
08-25-2011, 03:54 AM
Is this the 4 inch Kit?

Matt
08-25-2011, 04:10 AM
I believe it was determined that this kit was only 2-3" and they had to get different springs for 4". That's why it really doesn't look that tall.

They changed up the springs to get the extra height, but never updated this thread. Figured now would be a good time to get some details.

Although remember, this "kit" is not a true suspension lift. It does nothing to retain OEM geometry for the CVs, lower balljoint, and tie rods.

ruquik
08-25-2011, 05:48 AM
Although remember, this "kit" is not a true suspension lift. It does nothing to retain OEM geometry for the CVs, lower balljoint, and tie rods.

No lift will retain OEM geometry. (if you want OEM geometry leave it stock, lol).

here are the latest pics. Front is 4.125 over stock and the rear is 3.2. These are CRD specs so the initial height was lower.

https://theultimatejeep.com/images/imported/2011/08/PhotoJul1763611PMHDR-1.jpg

https://theultimatejeep.com/images/imported/2011/08/PhotoJul1763657PMHDR-1.jpg

-Brad

Matt
08-25-2011, 06:03 AM
A true suspension lift will indeed keep the tie rod, CV angles, and balljoint angles at the OEM angles. (Though there has been a question whether the superlift drops the diff a full 4"... if it only drops the diff 3" then that would be like a 1" spacer on a stock truck in terms of CV angles).

On that note, have any pics of those front end angles with the kit set at 4"?

Also curious how much more down travel there is from that ride height?

ruquik
08-25-2011, 06:44 AM
Just to nit pick, there is a difference between OEM angle and OEM geometry.

-Brad

Matt
08-25-2011, 08:03 AM
Lol OK.

Just to nitpick. An angle is a geometric measurement. So yes, you are changing the geometry at which the suspension is functioning at normal ride height. But that's just semantics right? Everyone knows what we're talking about.

ruquik
08-25-2011, 08:57 AM
The point I was trying to make is that even the SL "kit" changes the OEM geometry.

The worst angle the cv shafts will see are when you have the wheels cut not because of a lift.

Matt
08-25-2011, 09:12 AM
From the pictures I've seen of the superlift and all of the "real" suspension lifts I've installed on numerous vehicles, done properly the angles/geometry/etc are retained. That's what they're designed to do, and for good reason.

But say the superlift does slightly change the angles (its definitely not anywhere close to the angles of a 2" spacer or OME kit)... the difference between those angles and the angles at 4"+ are drastic.

Would still love to see some pics of the front end geometry of the JBA kit at normal ride height. Have any?

Also still curious of how much suspension down travel there is beyond normal ride height after installing the kit.

Some pics and more info would be great.

Were there any issues with the rear at 4"? Do you guys relocate the track bar mount?

Omelet
08-25-2011, 08:46 PM
1) Is JBA going to offer those Fox Coilovers separately? They'd be a nice replacement for the stock struts + spacers used in the SL kit.

2) I'd love to see some detailed pictures of the front end angles (control arms, tie rods CV's) at normal ride height and at full suspension drop.

3) Whats the eye-to-eye full compressed and extended lengths of the 7100s for the rear?

4) And one more i just thought of... whats the full compressed and extended lengths of the Fox coilovers?

I would really like to know the answers to these as well!

cico7
08-26-2011, 06:00 AM
Hey Brad, I like your lift and look forward to more JBA/4X gear hitting the road.
But Fox coilovers and Eye To Eye compression means as much to me as a screen door in a submarine.

Is there a tech section that explains some of this stuff? In terms a young guy like me can understand?

EvilJager
08-29-2011, 07:13 PM
https://theultimatejeep.com/images/imported/2011/08/51-1.jpg

EvilJager
08-29-2011, 07:14 PM
https://theultimatejeep.com/images/imported/2011/08/20110409_121918_235-1.jpg

AcidCold
08-30-2011, 05:27 PM
Pictures mean nothing without specs, My SL can do all that. I too am very interested on Omelets spec request.

EvilJager
08-30-2011, 05:32 PM
easy killer! i just saw these pics on ny phone wheb i was doing my "garage" and figuerd id post them up here

AcidCold
08-30-2011, 05:43 PM
easy killer! i just saw these pics on ny phone wheb i was doing my "garage" and figuerd id post them up here

Lol Sorry Chris, that wasn't directed towards you at all, I just want people to give us specs on items they are selling! Why on earth would anyone drop that kind of money on something with no info?? you know?

EvilJager
08-30-2011, 05:48 PM
what exactly are you eanting to know?

AcidCold
08-30-2011, 06:01 PM
Same info as Nath, I want to know the fronts full wheel drop measurements from center hub to fender and fully stuffed measurements as well. If I like what I see/hear, I would most definitely purchase the front by next fall. If I am not satisfied, I will proceed with adding the OME.

ruquik
08-30-2011, 06:35 PM
Hey guys,

Best bet is to talk to Marlin when he gets back from signing the 4xGuard paperwork (flew out today I beleive)

He should have all the specs as far as valving, rates, and dimension at his shop.

I will have to say, I admire everyone asking questions as many of the JKers out there simply buy products because other people are running them succcesfully. Now there is nothing wrong with that, but being able to understand exactly what you are buying does means you have an upperhand when it come to what you are being sold.

That being said I'm sure not every company out there is willing to divulge all their information as many have a lot of $$$$$ in R&D they just dont want to give away. (If any of you have diesel trucks you probably know just how tight lipped those manufacturers are, especially when is comes to turbo specs)

Phone: 1-888-792-9343 Fax: 215-253-3966 [email protected]

Matt
08-30-2011, 06:38 PM
Same info as Nath, I want to know the fronts full wheel drop measurements from center hub to fender and fully stuffed measurements as well. If I like what I see/hear, I would most definitely purchase the front by next fall. If I am not satisfied, I will proceed with adding the OME.

You'll more than likely need to run a spacer on top of their front coilovers to get proper suspension drop with the superlift. The JBA coilover would have to have an extended length of 4" longer than the stock strut. But until we have some actual measurements we won't really know if that's the case.

Remember, the SL raises the vehicle 4" but also retains the allowable stock suspension drop from that point. The JBA 4" only extends the length of the strut via their coilover (and upgrades the UCA) but is still limited by the stock allowable suspension drop per the CV's, LCA and tie rods. In other words, if the CV/tie rod/or lower ball joint max out at a suspension drop of 6", then you'll only have 2" of down travel remaining after installing the JBA 4"... it all depends on which is the limiting factor. Whereas the 4" SL will drop down that full 6" beyond the lift height achieved.

Matt
08-30-2011, 06:40 PM
Brad,

When you were testing and wheeling your WK with the JBA 4", did you happen to identify what the limiting factor in the suspension was? I believe on a stock suspension it's the strut. Then when you extend the strut (via OME or BB) the UCA will hit the coil... so with the JBA UCA, was the CV the next limiting factor or was it possibly the tie rod?

ruquik
08-30-2011, 07:10 PM
Matt,
I cant remember what the exact specs were on the stuff/droop (if i still had the jeep I could tell you) but is iirc and buy lookingat some of my pic is was close to 4" up 4" down

Limiting up travel was the UCA hitting the inner fenderwell (although it was also completly compressing the bumpstop)
Limiting down travel was the shock itself, although any more droop and the UCA would be getting into the sheetmetal in the inner fenderwell the the UCA bolts into (also the thing that holds more sand and dirt than anywhere else on the Jeep.

-Brad

ruquik
08-30-2011, 07:16 PM
And as I said before....

The CRD's tend to start lower all the way around so what I had as a 4" C/O lift may only be 3.3" give or take for you gasser guys (Just throwing a random number out there, I have gone to the dealership and measure and each of the engines sits different. I found the the 4.7's seem to sit the most level stock oddly enough)

-Brad

Omelet
08-30-2011, 09:03 PM
(also the thing that holds more sand and dirt than anywhere else on the Jeep.

-Brad

Lol! Not on mine. It's the petri dish at the forward end of the rear wheel well! :D

EvilJager
08-31-2011, 03:51 AM
yea that part sux!

AJeepZJ
08-31-2011, 04:50 AM
Lol! Not on mine. It's the petri dish at the forward end of the rear wheel well! :D

lol, thats funny.

Matt
08-31-2011, 05:12 AM
.... really looking forward to the next year or so. I have a feeling we're going to start seeing a lot of improvements in terms of aftermarket support and members with lifts beyond the standard 2" :)

ruquik
08-31-2011, 08:03 PM
yea that part sux!

I saw an 05 with some plastic inner fenderwell insert in this area, has anyone else seen it?

- Brad

EvilJager
09-01-2011, 05:36 AM
my tires did and didnt like them so they chewed thrm up and threw them off the truck

Omelet
09-01-2011, 03:38 PM
I had them on mine, but once the lift and larger tires went on those pieces came off. It is now much easier to clean said area. With the plastic in place I was still getting dirt and such trapped there, but I had to pull the plastic off to clean behind it. Now with it removed I can just hose it out.