PDA

View Full Version : 2006 4.7L V8 Jeep Commander Sport For sale

Brandon1024
03-31-2011, 09:27 PM
4.7L v8 QTII, Flowmaster Super 44, Jet Chip: Stage 1, Remote Start, 2.25" Rocky Road lift W/ shocks, .5" Rusty Off Road Strut Spacer, Midland CB Radio, PA Speaker,265/70/17 BFG Km2 Mud Terrain, XD Addict 17x9 Rims, Custom Roof Rack W/ 6 Off Road Lights, Custom Blue Lighting, Custom Front Bumper, Sony Head unit, Power Acoustic Amp, Upgraded Headlights Bulbs 3000K

Silver with just under 46000 miles. In Great condition and hate to sell but need something more practical for college :(. I'm looking to get $16500-17000 for it but open to reasonable offers. Im located just outside of chicago.

Sal-XK
04-01-2011, 11:11 PM
Sorry to hear you're going to sell the XK Bro that stinks. The only reason I won't give you crap about selling it is because you live in chicago and a moded XK up there you don't get to use it like it should be. You should go to school down here in the south or out west and then the XK becomes practical again LOL. How about some pictures with your for sale post with some pictures of that new bumper you just had done.

txbajacommander
04-03-2011, 03:09 PM
keep it. sounds like you've put alot into it. some pics would be cool. want to see that bumper also

Brandon1024
04-03-2011, 08:48 PM
keep it. sounds like you've put alot into it. some pics would be cool. want to see that bumper also
I have put everything I possibly could into it but gas is just a killer especially when it keeps going up. Now that its warming up though i'm getting in the 13's sometimes 14's so I think i'm going to end up keeping it. That is unless someone comes along for the price i'd like because that is the only thing that will make me let go.

And i'll get the picture up soon i'm still working on painting it. Sanding is taking awhile...

Sal-XK
04-04-2011, 03:41 AM
If you haven't adjusted your computer for larger tires you can add about 1 to 2 MPG to what the display says

Chapman89
04-04-2011, 07:08 AM
Hate to see you sell this but pictures are welcome! It sounds like a really nice XK!

Brandon1024
04-04-2011, 03:48 PM
If you haven't adjusted your computer for larger tires you can add about 1 to 2 MPG to what the display says

I had them adjust my speedometer for the larger tires but it didnt fix anything. How would I go about changing that? I have always been confused with my gas considering I have the Jet chip and do everything I can for better gas mileage but it never does anything.

Sal-XK
04-04-2011, 04:25 PM
Jeep can't adjust your tire size they can only do the stock size and one or two larger thats it. You have to purchase a programmer like superchips to manually put your tire size in it also has economic settings for different octanes and such. I just wrote this on another forum funny but with 31-32.5" tires you need to add 1-2 MPG to what the computer says. So if it's saying 13 you're probably getting 14 to 15 MPG.

Brandon1024
04-04-2011, 04:51 PM
Jeep can't adjust your tire size they can only do the stock size and one or two larger thats it. You have to purchase a programmer like superchips to manually put your tire size in it also has economic settings for different octanes and such. I just wrote this on another forum funny but with 31-32.5" tires you need to add 1-2 MPG to what the computer says. So if it's saying 13 you're probably getting 14 to 15 MPG.
I was informed that they could adjust up to 35inch tire. I got the jet chip for christmas looks like I should have gotten the Superchip

LWM
04-04-2011, 05:25 PM
I was informed that they could adjust up to 35inch tire. I got the jet chip for christmas looks like I should have gotten the Superchip

That is why I removed my JetChip and purchased the SuperChip.

Sal-XK
04-04-2011, 06:18 PM

No bro they can't do that probably why you haven't seen any change after they made the any changes.

Brandon1024
04-04-2011, 06:25 PM
No bro they can't do that probably why you haven't seen any change after they made the any changes.
Well looks like ill be looking to sell my jet chip and purchase the superchip... Time to put a few other items on hold.

Sal-XK
04-04-2011, 07:32 PM
Unless you plan to take advantage of more options then the tire size I don't see it being worth it. Your getting the MPG's just do the math. Mine says 13 MPG but I know I'm getting 14MPG. it has some cool features though don't get me wrong. It adjusts trans point power fuel saver it's pretty cool from what I've read but expensive. I know exactly how far my speedo is off so I'll just deal with it and wait for a used one to come up for sale.

Brandon1024
04-04-2011, 07:36 PM
Unless you plan to take advantage of more options then the tire size I don't see it being worth it. Your getting the MPG's just do the math. Mine says 13 MPG but I know I'm getting 14MPG. it has some cool features though don't get me wrong. It adjusts trans point power fuel saver it's pretty cool from what I've read but expensive. I know exactly how far my speedo is off so I'll just deal with it and wait for a used one to come up for sale.
I was planning on looking for a used one too. It would be nice to have everything read right but its not a necessity

Sal-XK
04-04-2011, 07:41 PM
I was eBay looking tonight and no cheap ones on there. Check craigslist and some other jeep forums I would think. Not sure if one programmer can work with any vehicle or if there manufacture or model specific.

LWM
04-04-2011, 08:30 PM
I was eBay looking tonight and no cheap ones on there. Check craigslist and some other jeep forums I would think. Not sure if one programmer can work with any vehicle or if there manufacture or model specific.

Each unit cover a few different models, the one for the Commander is the 3875