PDA

View Full Version : New Speakers

Brandon1024
04-04-2011, 06:37 PM
I was looking to replace the stock speakers. I would like to have bass and already have my amp installed and wired my question is about the speakers. I was looking at getting 6.5 component alpine type R to replace the front 6x9 and the 3.5inch tweeters on top so I would get the bass down low and the highs from the tweeter instead of mid with the lows and highs now all mixed together. Then i'd get the 6.5 alpine type R for the back. I was wondering if anyone has tried out these speakers and how they are and also if anyone is using component speakers and how they sound with the separate highs and lows.

IamJEEP
04-07-2011, 07:42 AM
You are deffinately going to get a better/cleaner sound with components. I dont have any experience with those speakers you are refering to but, make sure you make a panel to cover up the rest of the 6x9 hole one you install the 6.5s in the doors. Also if you can, throw some Dynomat or a similar product to help with the sound. What size amp are you running (RMS)?

Brandon1024
04-20-2011, 08:31 PM
You are deffinately going to get a better/cleaner sound with components. I dont have any experience with those speakers you are refering to but, make sure you make a panel to cover up the rest of the 6x9 hole one you install the 6.5s in the doors. Also if you can, throw some Dynomat or a similar product to help with the sound. What size amp are you running (RMS)?
The amp im running is 150 rms

IamJEEP
04-21-2011, 03:53 AM
The amp im running is 150 rms

I assume it's a 4 channel? So, you are looking at just under 40w per channel. Whats the wattahe recomdation for those speakers (not peak)? Usually, that amount will suffice but it all depends on the speakers. Components usually can handle more power, also. What are you running for a sub? Make sure your sub doesn't over power your mids/highs or it'll sound like poop (just my opinion).