PDA

View Full Version : Traction Control

cico7
04-26-2011, 01:32 PM
I have been having a problem for a while now with my traction control coming on and
the engine cutting out like it is going into limp mode. I have been to the dealer several
times and they can't figure it out. At first it was once in a while and then got to every
time I drive it I had to turn off the traction control.

Because when I turned off the traction control, the engine ran fine.

The engine did not drop out or cut out, nothing. Ran fine. I tried rebooting,
I called it a M/S Vista, but could not find the cause of the problem. Dealer had no idea.

2 weeks ago I bought a T-One connector for the XK for trailer wiring. I was also messing
with my 12v inverter. I blew the fuse going to the battery and of course lots of things
went dead. After I replaced the fuse, the problem with the traction control stopped.

No idea what happened or why, I had run a seperate line for full time voltage to the
inverter. Now, all seems to be well. Been running 4 days so far.

Sal-XK
04-26-2011, 02:24 PM
Glad you finally got that figured out. You think your inverter was causing a signal interference with your wheel speed sensors?

cico7
04-26-2011, 07:44 PM
I dont think it was the inverter, I think it may have been the fuse or wire to it. when I replaced the fuse, everything started
working ok.

IamJEEP
04-27-2011, 10:14 AM
That's odd....but glad it's resolved.

Lt_JWS
05-16-2011, 03:38 PM
What fuse did you blow?

cico7
05-17-2011, 07:28 AM
I had an inverter attached, it went directly to the battery with an inline fuse.
The fuse was I had to replace is right after the battery connection, not a
stock of fuseblock fuse.