PDA

View Full Version : 4.7 idle issue?

hinchcliffe
05-21-2011, 04:47 PM
Just took ownership of the 2006 4.7 and I'm noticing an idling issue. They inspected the car and it had a code for crank position sensor issue. But supposedly they checked the sensor and it was OK and they claimed it could be that the engine was wet from the clean-up. Anyway, I've had a similar issue in my WJ 4.7 and I changed the thottle position sensor and that didn't clear it up on that one, though it did get a little better.

I'm going to change the oil and filters along with the PCV and clean the thottle body the change the plug, we'll see what happens.

What do you think otherwise?

Matt
05-21-2011, 04:58 PM
Did they give you a warranty? If you have a code for the crank position sensor, I would reset the code to see if it comes back... if it does, i'd replace the sensor.

Also, just an FYI you want to be careful when cleaning throttle body's on drive-by-wire vehicles. Don't spray the cleaner in there like crazy... soak a rag and/or toothbrush with the cleaner and wipe the throttle body down. This will prevent excessive cleaner from damaging the gears of the servo.

WanderingTs
05-21-2011, 08:22 PM
Trace the wiring for potential shorts/damage. Mice seem to love them and you might have just enough damage to have an intermittent short causing an error message.