PDA

View Full Version : Recovery Hooks

SKIUTAHJEEP
06-02-2011, 08:19 PM
I am headed to Moab a week from today and my QT-1 does not have any recovery hooks. I am not doing any crazy trails but I am wondering what I should do if I get in a spot where I need another jeep to get me out... I know i should not attach anything to an axle. I do not have a tow hitch to attach a recovery hook... Do I need to bite the bullet and purchase a tow hitch? What can I do about the front? FYI, I am planning on doing the white rim trail and the gemini bridges trail. You can youtube them to see what they are like.

Sal-XK
06-02-2011, 08:30 PM
You need to mount some recovery hooks bro. Its the only way to pull you off something without damaging your jeep cosmetically or mechanically. Even in the back where the frame rails are what ever was being used to pull you out would push on your bumper. I know there is a rear recovery hook for sale on here.

SKIUTAHJEEP
06-02-2011, 08:35 PM
What would you say is more important, front or rear recovery hooks? How/where do they attach to the front?

Matt
06-03-2011, 07:31 AM
Buy a hitch for the rear (multi uses) and at least one tow hook for the front and you'll be good to go.

I would not wheel anywhere without a recovery point.

Matt
06-03-2011, 07:33 AM
Oh, and the front hook bolts right on.... just need to remove the bumper which is easy.

Tymac
06-03-2011, 12:06 PM
Tow hooks can prove to save your life when wheeling in the high country. Don't leave home without them.

Chapman89
06-03-2011, 01:32 PM
Definitely get some hooks, it's too cheap of a mod to skip out on.