PDA

View Full Version : 06 4.7L where is the PCV?

hinchcliffe
06-04-2011, 06:02 PM
OK, checked the pdf cd manual I got and it claims the PCv for the 4.7 is in the Oil filler neck body, not on mine that I can tell. I don't see any connections on the valve cover either? What am I missing?

Scrtach that, just following the air line from the air to the back of the motor behind the last passenger side ignition coil.

Yes, I asked then I looked again, what a Jackwagon.....

07JeepXK
06-05-2011, 10:28 AM
Thats weird. Mine was located on the drivers side towards the rear of the engine by the fire wall. The only difference is I have an 07 Jeep Commander 4.7 liter. I wonder why they would have changed it. Did you swap in a new PCV valve already?

jay in nb
06-07-2011, 08:31 AM
I have a 06, 4.7L and its on the Drv side in the very back, just follow the wires for the plugs and is close to the last one by the fire wall, changes mine a few weeks ago 20Min and patience, its hard to get the wrench in there, i'll try to post a pic tonight

redrockv8
01-20-2012, 01:48 PM
I have a 06, 4.7L and its on the Drv side in the very back, just follow the wires for the plugs and is close to the last one by the fire wall, changes mine a few weeks ago 20Min and patience, its hard to get the wrench in there, i'll try to post a pic tonight

I'm still waiting for that pic but then again you didn't promise anything. Descriptions are good but nothing beats a photo for those of us (me) who are mechanically challenged.
HT