PDA

View Full Version : Radio Reception

Holaday07 4.7
06-08-2011, 01:48 PM
Does anyone else have problems with the factory radio antena reception. I thought it might be the factory one, so I bought the European Shorty, nothing changed. I guess I will get an HD radio but wanted to see if anyone else was struggling with this.

I know it is not the location because my car gets all stations perfectly. It also has the Boston Accustic system as well if that matters.

Sal-XK
06-08-2011, 02:16 PM
Mine seems to work ok, I can't say I've noticed a problem with it.

Matt
06-08-2011, 02:21 PM
Usually those Shorties have the opposite effect and get worse reception than factory. If you have an issue with the OEM antenna I'd check the connection behind the radio and at the antenna to make sure its not loose.

Holaday07 4.7
06-08-2011, 02:44 PM
Shoot, I will have to take it in, I have no idea how to remove that or check that.

Matt
06-08-2011, 03:14 PM
Radios are easy to remove... i haven't taken it out of my XK yet but i've done plenty of vehicles. I'm sure someone can post up some instructions.

LWM
06-08-2011, 05:34 PM
I bought a shorty for mine when I first purchased the Jeep and never had any issues with reception.

Sal-XK
06-08-2011, 06:17 PM
We have a dash removal thread do a search it's real easy. You can have it out or out enough to check the antenna in like 5 minuets. For the other end at the antenna it's self, just open the door and pull that foam out of your fender and you should be able to see the connection. If that don't work you can remove the wheel well if you need to its a little harder to do that though and breaking a clip is possible.

cico7
06-13-2011, 04:17 AM
Am or Fm problems? How far are you from the station? Chances are it is interference.