PDA

View Full Version : Possible Forum Names

LWM
06-09-2011, 05:32 PM
Okay, I am going to throw this out there for discussion... If we add the WK family to our forum I have a couple of choices:

1) Keep XK-Forum.com and make everyone use that domain regardless of vehicle owned

2) Purchase WK-Forum.com and direct it to our forum as well as XK-Forum.com

3) Change the name

The sky is the limit for changing the name but It needs to be something that search engines would hit often, something like theultimatejeep.com

What are your thoughts and/or suggestions?

(if you suggest a new name do a search and see if the name is available)

Matt
06-09-2011, 07:29 PM
I don't have a name suggestion yet... but my $.02 is that most owners searching the internet for the first time don't know what XK or WK mean. So I would like to see a domain name that's more intuitive for those who aren't already full fledged enthusiasts like us.

TrialByFire
06-09-2011, 07:57 PM
BigJeeps.com is available.

TrialByFire
06-09-2011, 08:00 PM
... also, Hi-End-Jeeps.com.

IamJEEP
06-10-2011, 03:47 AM
How about "MallCrawlers.com" ? Then we can have Sal as our leader! Badaboom. LOL....Oh wait, I forgot he is keeping his XK. =P

IamJEEP
06-10-2011, 03:50 AM
If we don't use XK/WK, then it would be difficult to direct both models through the search engines. You might get a lot of flow from the Wrangler crowd if you go with "BigJeeps" or something alike.

Sal-XK
06-10-2011, 05:28 AM
How about "MallCrawlers.com" ? Then we can have Sal as our leader! Badaboom. LOL....Oh wait, I forgot he is keeping his XK. =P

Now wait a minuet here, Mall Crawler is hitting below the belt. :p

Sal-XK
06-10-2011, 05:39 AM
I agree about the XK\WK thing I never knew what that meant until I joined a forum. I guess that means the word Jeep will have to be in the name some how. But considering its two different Jeeps that's going to be to hard.

Matt
06-10-2011, 06:51 AM
I kind of like ultimatejeeps.com. ...

Matt
06-10-2011, 06:54 AM
I agree about the XK\WK thing I never knew what that meant until I joined a forum. I guess that means the word Jeep will have to be in the name some how..

Lol that's actually why I signed up on the other forum first.... the name was more intuitive and I didn't know what XK meant.

Holaday07 4.7
06-10-2011, 07:07 AM
Same here, when i googled any problem or question I had, it always pulled up a thread from the other forum, so I signed up. Not till much later did I find this one.

TrialByFire
06-10-2011, 07:21 AM
I kind of like ultimatejeeps.com. ...

I kinda like that one.

IamJEEP
06-10-2011, 07:26 AM
I kinda like that one.

Me too.

IamJEEP
06-10-2011, 07:29 AM
Now wait a minuet here, Mall Crawler is hitting below the belt. :p

Lol, ok i have gotten my low blows out of the way for a while, so onto our regularly tuned programming.

Sal-XK
06-10-2011, 07:34 AM
This just in a Florida man driving a Jeep got stuck on a curb. A passer by visiting from North Carolina stopped to offer assistance and pulled the Red Jeep off the little curb. The Passer by was quoted in saying " not sure what he was thinking, but there is no way he had enough jeep to get over that little curb" LMAO

IamJEEP
06-10-2011, 07:43 AM
This just in a Florida man driving a Jeep got stuck on a curb. A passer by visiting from North Carolina stopped to offer assistance and pulled the Red Jeep off the little curb. The Passer by was quoted in saying " not sure what he was thinking, but there is no way he had enough jeep to get over that little curb" LMAO

LMCAO!!!!!!!

Well done, well done.

Matt
06-10-2011, 08:06 AM
Hahaha. My friends and I register for truck shows under the name Grocery Getter 4x4. It always gets some good laughs.

Tymac
06-10-2011, 08:09 AM
You can buy as many as you want to pay for and forward all of them here. It's about $12 every 2 years per name. Price might have gone up, but mine is an automatic renewal so only my accountant see it.

cico7
06-10-2011, 08:15 AM
before you get into a name change, think about how search engines work and the description in the header, not just forum name.
The name isnt as important as how someone finds it. Search terms.

If you do a name change, you could have trouble linking old searches. You might want to tie other names into this for the purpose of
search words.

cico7
06-10-2011, 08:19 AM
LMCAO!!!!!!!

Well done, well done.
Hey, I added LMCAO off with urban dictionary and it's posted on there now.

IamJEEP
06-10-2011, 08:24 AM
Hey, I added LMCAO off with urban dictionary and it's posted on there now.

Lol, seriously? Link it for me Don.

cico7
06-10-2011, 08:40 AM
Lol, seriously? Link it for me Don.

LMCAO (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=lmcao)

Adondo
06-10-2011, 10:05 AM
Considering the attitude of a lot of Wrangler owners, maybe it should be...

"the-other-jeeps.com''

or

''they-are-still-jeeps.com :p

LWM
06-10-2011, 10:45 AM
before you get into a name change, think about how search engines work and the description in the header, not just forum name.
The name isnt as important as how someone finds it. Search terms.

If you do a name change, you could have trouble linking old searches. You might want to tie other names into this for the purpose of
search words.

So are you saying that XK-Forum.com should always be the main domain in the background if the name is changes and then link the other domains to xk-forum.com?

CmmdrDan
06-10-2011, 10:46 AM
Hahaha. My friends and I register for truck shows under the name Grocery Getter 4x4. It always gets some good laughs.

And where did you get this name my good sir.

Matt
06-10-2011, 11:30 AM
And where did you get this name my good sir.

Yes, thank you! Its been a hit at the cruise nights thus far!

cico7
06-10-2011, 02:02 PM
So are you saying that XK-Forum.com should always be the main domain in the background if the name is changes and then link the other domains to xk-forum.com?
Leave the address the same, you can name it anything you want, but folks are not looking at XK when searching, they are searching jeeps.

<meta name="keywords" content="The Front Page, vBulletin 4.0, CMS" />

<meta name="description" content="vBulletin 4.0 Publishing Suite with CMS" />

as opposed to

<meta name="keywords" content="jeep,jk,wrangler,jkforum,jk-forum,jkforum.com,rubicon,sahara,unlimited,x,bulle tin,board,forum,information,community,2007,2008,20 09,Jewel,Kilcher" />

<meta name="description" content="JK-Forum.com is the ultimate Jeep JK Wrangler bulletin board forum on the web. Here, you will find all the information you are looking for regarding the newly redesigned 2007-Up Jeep JK Wrangler and aftermarket products being made for it including suspension lift kits, bumpers, tires and more. Here, you will also find a wonderful community of fellow Jeep JK Wrangler owners that you can be a part of. If you are looking for Jewel Kilcher, her forum no longer exists." />

The first is the keyword statement from this forum and the 2nd is from jk-forum.com

search jeep forum

Speaking of jeep forum: The title starts with Jeep Forum
<

title>Jeep Forum - Jeep Enthusiast Network</title><meta name='keywords' content='Jeep, forum, jeeps, topless, reviews, jeep pictures, jeeps for sale, jeep parts, 4x4, off road, winch, tires, lift, softtop, hardtop, trails, Wrangler, Grand Cherokee, Liberty, Commander, Rubicon, Compass, CJ, MJ, XJ, TJ, YJ, DJ,ZJ, WJ, JK, jeep parts, jeep wrangler, jeeps, jeep chicago, jeep los angeles, jeep houston, jeep new york, jeep detroit, atlanta jeep, links, articles' /><meta name='description' content='Jeep Resource For Articles, Classifieds, Events, Forum, JeepSpace, Gallery, Reviews, Videos, Groups, Blogs, Wrangler Grand Cherokee Liberty CJ MJ XJ TJ YJ DJZJ WJ' />

<meta property="fb:app_id" content="" />

<

meta property="og:site_name" content="XK-Forum / The Ultimate Jeep Commander" />

<

meta property="og:description" content="vBulletin 4.0 Publishing Suite with CMS" />

Sal-XK
06-10-2011, 02:13 PM
Also google charges money to get moved up in the search ranking quicker. You can also pay to be moved ahead of other sites when the criteria you state is searched for. I have some google bucks left over I will see when the changes are made if I can use them on the forum, now I just have to see where I put the darn card they sent me LOL

IamJEEP
06-11-2011, 02:26 AM
I say leave the name the same..........This site started out as XK orientated(sp?) and we are just looking to expand to the WK guys. Whatever needs to be changed for the search feature to work in our favor, do that. My $0.02.

ped4599
06-11-2011, 08:16 AM
Im my opinion, I would just keep the XK forum as it is and just have the WK join in....or have the WK as another domain and just link the two. It goes back to my origional comment about this. There are lots of jeep forums out there that include all types of jeep. There are very few forums that are meant just for the XK, which is why we are all here.

ped4599
06-11-2011, 08:17 AM
besides....i just got my XK forum stickers!!!!

Matt
06-11-2011, 09:00 AM
My main issue with leaving the main "hub" of the web address as "xk-forum" is potentially discouraging wk members from signing up. Just as we're the red-headed stepchild on every other jeep forum out there, we don't want the WK members to feel like the stepchildren. It really should be a combined site if we're going to do it, IMO.

We can also add in thread prefixes that'll seperate an XK or WK specific thread (like custom bumpers for example).

LOL a great example of why im so for this change is a recent thread on JF. One of the members is having wandering/steering issues with his WK, well a Wrangler member jumped in and told him to check his track bar bushings because he had the same issues when his track bar went bad in his front end..... but.....we dont have track bars in the front... (in his defense, he may have thought the OP was posting an issue about a Wrangler and didn't realize that it was in the WK/XK forum).

LWM
06-20-2011, 03:38 PM
Someone beat me to ultimatejeep.com and ultimatejeeps.com

I can still grab myultimatejeep.com or something else, any other ideas?

IamJEEP
06-20-2011, 03:49 PM
Ultimate Jeep Crawlers.com?

Matt
06-20-2011, 07:00 PM
theultimatejeep.com
ultimatejeepforum.com
ultimatejeepassociation.com
IFS-Jeeps.com

cico7
06-21-2011, 10:10 AM
WTfjeeps.com
(whythefuss)

Ok ...Off Road Jeeps. Leave the URL as it is

LWM
06-21-2011, 12:16 PM
I added a poll to this thread, if you have a serious suggestion let me know and I can add it. You only get to vote once so if your chioce is not there then wait until the list is undated, votes and public and you can vote for as many as you like.

cico7
06-21-2011, 02:00 PM
I dont see a need for multi guesses. thats just my opinion. So Can I vote for xk-forum 3 times since i am only voting one name?

IamJEEP
06-21-2011, 03:18 PM
I voted for my choices, but I think the WK guys need to sign up and vote for what would like to see and show some interest before we change this site all up. Lets say we change the name and add sub-forums for the WK crowd and there is no activity or WK members joining, then it was all for nothing.

Matt
06-21-2011, 03:56 PM
I dont see a need for multi guesses. thats just my opinion. So Can I vote for xk-forum 3 times since i am only voting one name?

You can only vote once... but in that vote you can choose as many of the names as possible.

I voted for my choices, but I think the WK guys need to sign up and vote for what would like to see and show some interest before we change this site all up. Lets say we change the name and add sub-forums for the WK crowd and there is no activity or WK members joining, then it was all for nothing.

I agree, it would be nice to get some WK guys signed up to vote. But at the same time, what came first.. the chicken or the egg? I don't expect to see a ton of WK activity right away, but over time I think it'll help the site grow.

The WK won't really need a lot of "sub forums" either. The entire point of this is that there is so much in common between the two platforms that we'll have the same forums. Maybe a sub forum for WK exterior & interior mods and XK exterior & interior mods... but drivetrain, suspension, wheeling, etc will all be shared.

I don't think any WK members will ever want to put an XK-Forum.com decal on their WK's... so are the votes for that site name from people who want to retain an XK only site?

LWM
06-21-2011, 04:21 PM
I for one will keep the XK-Forum.com decal as no matter what we do that will still be the main domain URL, Any other name selected will be directed to XK-Forum.com.

If a new name is selected I will make new decals and then members can select which one they want to fly on their vehicle.

The new header would keep the XK-Forum icon and add the new one to share the space.

I played around with re-naming some of the threads today as a sample for us to look at and if needed additional sections can be added when there is a real need for them.

Those of you who know WK guys might want to suggest they pock their heads in here and make your thoughts known, it is never too late to go back to the way it was a month ago. :)

Matt
06-21-2011, 04:26 PM
So will the new domain just be a phantom, once you hit "enter" it goes away and the address bar will say "xk-forum.com/...." for everything?

I sent a few PM's and some guys seemed interested.... how about you guys that wheeled with them, any luck?

Ross
06-21-2011, 05:56 PM
Sorry if this was already said but we could buy wk forum and direct both it and our current forum to one of the new named sites.

cico7
06-21-2011, 08:27 PM
Sorry if this was already said but we could buy wk forum and direct both it and our current forum to one of the new named sites.
Best idea yet

LWM
06-21-2011, 09:55 PM

Yes, this too could be done but it would require the purchase of 2 additional domains for a total of 3 (not a big expense).

Matt
06-22-2011, 03:19 AM
Other than for the sake of typing in xk-forum and wk-forum, i don't see a point in adding the expense to buy the extra domain just to have it linked to a 3rd site... well, i guess it would make it easy to remember and we could have xk-forum and wk-forum specific stickers? I'd probably still get a (assuming this one wins) TheUltimateJeep.com sticker just so people that see it might actually check out the site.

TheOtherJeep.com is kind of funny as well.... might get even more people looking at the site to see what we're all about :cool:

Sal-XK
06-22-2011, 05:39 AM
I'm digging GroceryGetter4x4.com myself I think its funny and would be cool looking on a modded jeep climbing a rock or powering out of a mud pit. :)

cico7
06-22-2011, 06:16 AM
Yes, this too could be done but it would require the purchase of 2 additional domains for a total
of 3 (not a big expense).

Why 3?

Matt- if you used the 2 URL's one for WK and the other XK and point them to the same website, you just have to change the
banner to include wk's and include it in the search terms and divide into XK and WK sections.

And then we could change Sal to "The Grocery Getter"

Matt
06-22-2011, 06:40 AM
I'm digging GroceryGetter4x4.com myself I think its funny and would be cool looking on a modded jeep climbing a rock or powering out of a mud pit. :)

Damn that's a good point..... grocerygetter4x4 would be a funny sticker to have on a modded Jeep....

CmmdrDan
06-22-2011, 07:01 AM

Damn that's a good point..... grocerygetter4x4 would be a funny sticker to have on a modded Jeep....

We just need to make sure we give someone a little bit of recognition for the development of that name..

Matt
06-22-2011, 07:16 AM
We just need to make sure we give someone a little bit of recognition for the development of that name..

Only if that person starts hanging around here a bit more often. :p

Tymac
06-22-2011, 07:20 AM
This site was built because many of us got tired of a few bs members on the other site. "Real" Jeep guys know their Jeep's build code and will find the site just fine. When I bought my Commander I searched XK forums then found jeepcommander.com. I'd have to hope the WK guys we'd want here could do the same. So do you want to water down this site like what happened to the latter just to have ego boosting member numbers?

Matt
06-22-2011, 07:23 AM
The poll should probably be updated a bit too..... maybe have a 2nd question that says:
Get wk-forum and direct both xk-forum and wk-forum to 3rd domain (chosen above)? Yes/No

I think xk-forum should be removed from the poll. .... we're not eliminating it regardless. We're basically voting on what the "combined" forum name should be.

And maybe after we have enough votes, we'll have a 2nd round of voting on the top 3 where we only get 1 vote?

CmmdrDan
06-22-2011, 07:25 AM
Only if that person starts hanging around here a bit more often. :p

Im here!

This site was built because many of us got tired of a few bs members on the other site. "Real" Jeep guys know their Jeep's build code and will find the site just fine. When I bought my Commander I searched XK forums then found jeepcommander.com. I'd have to hope the WK guys we'd want here could do the same. So do you want to water down this site like what happened to the latter just to have ego boosting member numbers?

I honestly don't think that will happen. I have met only a couple (as in 2) WK guys that have seriously pissed me off. I don't think they will come into this forum and water it down or make it something it is not. As for those 2 WK guys, one was banned and the other hasnt been around JF for quite a while. Matt_ had a run in with him once or twice also.

CmmdrDan
06-22-2011, 07:26 AM
Could also do PrettyBoyJeeps.com. I was on a club forum and my friend posted pictures of us wheelin and the guy called us Pretty boy Jeeps.

Matt
06-22-2011, 07:28 AM

Just want to make it more friendly to get the WK members who like modding their WKs involved.

We can still keep this place more Jeep oriented.... dont need "game" or "chat" forums. That's when you start getting watered down IMO.

Fwiw. .. neither Sal or I knew what XK meant so that's why we signed up on the other forum first. I guess we're not real Jeep guys. :(

Matt
06-22-2011, 07:32 AM
Dan. ... was that the guy who was trying to tell me that CV spacers would reduce CV angles? He got banned??? Lol

LWM
06-22-2011, 07:33 AM
Keep up the discussion, I really want to do what is best for XK-Forum so your input is VERY important. If the WK guys join us but we lose what we have then I will have made a big mistake.

I would love to see this forum grow, but only if growth is a good thing.

I am looking into the future and considering things like WC Camp Commander becoming something like WC Ultimate Jeep Camp and stuff like that, but any change needs to be supported my the majority and be inteh best interest of the group as a whole.

CmmdrDan
06-22-2011, 07:35 AM
Dan. ... was that the guy who was trying to tell me that CV spacers would reduce CV angles? He got banned??? Lol

No. That is Wk-916. He just stopped coming on there.
III2for3III got banned. He threated to hack me.

Tymac
06-22-2011, 07:37 AM
I should have clarified my statement. By watered down I mean members that ask before they use the search option or have nothing of value to add to discussion, but never the less like to say something just to feel apart of it. These are the same people that park their Commanders on yellow poles. Wow, I'm really having a bad day. I usually keep these as thoughts instead of words. Sorry, carry on.

LWM
06-22-2011, 07:37 AM
Fwiw. .. neither Sal or I knew what XK meant so that's why we signed up on the other forum first.

I did not know what XK meant when I joined the "other" site either, there were many threads at that time trying to teach new members that the Commander was an XK as many owners did not know that Jeep has model desigantions along with model names.

I think it is important that we incourage members from the "other" forum to check us out too, esspecially the new guys who have not developed a sence of belonging yet.

LWM
06-22-2011, 07:39 AM
I should have clarified my statement. By watered down I mean members that ask before they use the search option or have nothing of value to add to discussion, but never the less like to say something just to feel apart of it. These are the same people that park their Commanders on yellow poles. Wow, I'm really having a bad day. I usually keep these as thoughts instead of words. Sorry, carry on.

As a person who knows your personnally, I value your input. please feel free to ALWAYS call it as you see it! :)

CmmdrDan
06-22-2011, 07:40 AM
Im looking at this as benefical for us as a whole and for Knappster. It will provide us with more useful information. And Knappster could possibly get more ad space which would lower his costs of running the site.

Tymac
06-22-2011, 07:42 AM
Sorry buddy! I hope everyone will accept my apology. I went way off center and probably offended a few valued members on this forum. I think I'm going to take a nap and come back refreshed later.

Matt
06-22-2011, 07:47 AM
Sorry buddy! I hope everyone will accept my apology. I went way off center and probably offended a few valued members on this forum. I think I'm going to take a nap and come back refreshed later.

I was just kidding.... I knew what you meant. We did eventually find our way over here lol. :)

Matt
06-22-2011, 07:53 AM
LMAO I just noticed the yellow pole reference!

I agree with you Tymac..... we also dont want a lot of those one timers who sign up because they can't find out how to reset the oil change light, And then never post again or add anything to the site after they get their answers.

Unfortunately that nearly impossible to avoid on the internet nowadays. Its really a careful balance, like Dan mentioned, to keep the site prosperous enough to keep going vs overdoing it for the sake of "member boosting" .

cico7
06-22-2011, 08:05 AM
Put him on the plank with Sal??

Holaday07 4.7
06-22-2011, 08:07 AM
Could also do PrettyBoyJeeps.com. I was on a club forum and my friend posted pictures of us wheelin and the guy called us Pretty boy Jeeps.

I Like this one ^^^^

Matt
06-22-2011, 08:18 AM
Just had a thought..... a lot of forums get watered down because members get obsessed with post counts. How about we do away with showing the post count under members names.... and one of our slogans can be "Quality not Quantity" :)

CmmdrDan
06-22-2011, 08:24 AM
My post count is well over 2,000...Just sayin.

Sal-XK
06-22-2011, 08:35 AM
I don't think anyone here is into post counts yet. We do have the reputation button to give member's rep points but not many people use them. I agree with a lot of what is being said and I don't want a watered down site either. I do a lot of recruiting for this forum on the internet. I am how ever a little picky about who I do it to. Having the one poster because he has an issue ya that dude sucks I agree. The content on here speaks for its self and the things were doing with our XK's aren't being done anywhere else so this is the only place to get the information. As the XK gets older younger people will be buying them and then looking for information on how to build it for off road use and we are way a head of the game. The WX\XK seem to get along just fine on jeep forum so I know us mixing the two together will be fine.

IamJEEP
06-22-2011, 08:53 AM
Put him on the plank with Sal??

Yes!!! To the PLANK he goes!!!!!!

IamJEEP
06-22-2011, 08:57 AM
Just had a thought..... a lot of forums get watered down because members get obsessed with post counts. How about we do away with showing the post count under members names.... and one of our slogans can be "Quality not Quantity" :)

I agree with this but we need to start using the rep points more. If we use the rep points for the right reasons then it will signify that person as a knowledgable source for technical questions or what not. Am I making any sense?

IamJEEP
06-22-2011, 09:05 AM
I frequent JF on a daily basis. I don't post much on there, I think I have like under 10 posts. But, I like reading the threads and posts from the WK guys, they are just like us but more of them. I think this site will grow with them added and I now do not have any issues changing the site name or whatever. I know there are a bunch of hardcore XK fans on here that will never let the XK name be put on the back burner, including myself. I will still rock the "XK-FORUMS.COM" sticker on my fairing and I'll even throw up the new name as well. You are always going to have that guy that is just looking for one answer and then never returns or that guy that just likes to stir up the pot (ex: Tymac). <----:p

I still would like to see some WK guys sign up and post thier info, If they are going to be part of this new joint site, then I think they should be able to input some info on this matter.

Matt
06-22-2011, 09:10 AM
I agree with this but we need to start using the rep points more. If we use the rep points for the right reasons then it will signify that person as a knowledgable source for technical questions or what not. Am I making any sense?

Lol.you're making a lot of sense... look at the new thread I started....

Matt
06-22-2011, 09:11 AM
. I will still rock the "XK-FORUMS.COM" sticker on my fairing and I'll even throw up the new name as well.

That a new site? ??? :p

IamJEEP
06-22-2011, 09:14 AM
That a new site? ??? :p

D'oh!

Matt
06-22-2011, 09:20 AM
To the plank!!!!

Tymac
06-22-2011, 10:00 AM
Looks like I'll be in good company on the plank. I really expected more than just the plank from you Don!

The last 3 pages have shown me why this site continued to prosper while I was busy at work from October through April.

LWM
06-22-2011, 10:13 AM
I dont want to get banned again so I use discretion and moderate my replies.

You have NEVER been banned from THIS forum! :)

Matt
06-22-2011, 10:18 AM
You have NEVER been banned from THIS forum!...... YET :)

Hmmmmmmmm.... :p

IamJEEP
06-22-2011, 10:25 AM
Not yet........Bwahahahahaha!!

Tymac
06-22-2011, 11:41 AM
You have NEVER been banned from THIS forum! :)

But has he gotten close over here?

I'll have you know I worked very hard today.......I've only been web wheeling 5 hours today.

Sal-XK
06-22-2011, 11:57 AM
Not this forum, but I am minding my posts so I don't. It's tough.

hahahah LMAO

Tymac
06-22-2011, 01:16 PM
Not this forum, but I am minding my posts so I don't. It's tough.

Join http://www.neo4x4.com and you can be the first one I ban. That'll take the edge off over here. ;)

07JeepXK
06-22-2011, 04:22 PM
I already am, wont let me register!!

The forum already knows your a "Big Time Trouble Maker" so they wont let you join....lmao jk

Tymac
06-23-2011, 10:08 AM
I already am (banned), wont let me register!!

Yesterday I fired a "warning" shot acrossed his bow. Today I woke up and decided to just ban him. Just for the day though. You can play tomorrow. I don't like banning people that don't really deserve it.

Sal-XK
06-24-2011, 09:04 AM
Information
You have been permanently banned from this board.
Please contact the Board Administrator ([email protected]) for more information.
Reason given for ban: SPAM
A ban has been issued on your IP address.

LMFAO that's funny **** right there

LWM
06-25-2011, 10:04 AM
I just don't get no respect....Sal, don't take lessons from Jason!!

You need to stay on topic in the threads or... :)

This thread is about forum names, not you getting banned someplace else. :)

Sal-XK
06-25-2011, 11:27 AM
I don't think getting a little off topic with some humor is all that bad. If anything it sometimes supplies the thread with a free bump to the top and lightens the mood :)

CmmdrDan
06-27-2011, 06:10 AM
www.GG4x4. com!

Sal-XK
06-27-2011, 09:14 AM
www.GG4x4. com!

????????

IamJEEP
06-27-2011, 09:23 AM
????????

GroceryGetter4x4.com

CmmdrDan
06-27-2011, 09:25 AM
GroceryGetter4x4.com

Beat me to it!

Matt
06-27-2011, 10:09 AM
I think "GroceryGetter4x4.com" would be better than GG4x4.com for the simple fact that the window decals will draw more attention by saying "grocery getter" in the name.

Holaday07 4.7
06-27-2011, 10:19 AM
Is FullSizeJeeps.com available?

IamJEEP
06-27-2011, 11:17 AM
Beat me to it!

That's because you were too busy throwing mud up onto your new skid to look like you went off-roading this past weekend.......

https://theultimatejeep.com/images/imported/2011/06/smileylevel1_don021-1.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)

LWM
06-27-2011, 12:31 PM
Is FullSizeJeeps.com available?

No, it is taken. I asked the guys at fullsizejeeeps.com if our jeep was considered a FSJ to be part of their club and was informed that our model is not included as it is too new.

Holaday07 4.7
06-27-2011, 02:28 PM
No, it is taken. I asked the guys at fullsizejeeeps.com if our jeep was considered a FSJ to be part of their club and was informed that our model is not included as it is too new.

Shoot, I thought it was good, and i think our Commanders should count, it is a fullsize frame and drive train. Oh well

Sal-XK
06-27-2011, 02:37 PM
GroceryGetter4x4.com

I'm slow today LOL I actually searched for gg4x4.com found some dudes weird gamer profile thing LOL On the upside I replaced my rear pads today, the pad was almost gone barely the thickness of paper was left :confused: never had any warning until the very end I heard the grinding. :(

Matt
06-28-2011, 09:34 AM
I really hope I can make next years annual "GROCERY GETTOGETHER 4x4 2012" event....

:cool:

Or should it be "GROCERY GET-TOGETHER 4x4"....

Sal-XK
06-28-2011, 11:27 AM
LMAO that's good ****

IamJEEP
06-28-2011, 11:48 AM
Good one, we should meet up and wheel the grocery parking lots!

Matt
06-28-2011, 11:52 AM
Good one, we should meet up and wheel the grocery parking lots!

I believe you are currently the most experienced member in that sense..... lol

sean112280
06-28-2011, 11:53 AM
That is a good one. I like that

IamJEEP
06-28-2011, 12:02 PM
I believe you are currently the most experienced member in that sense..... lol

Yes! I shall lead the way.....................................https://theultimatejeep.com/images/imported/2011/06/smileyviolent069-1.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)

Sal-XK
06-28-2011, 12:21 PM
Yes! I shall lead the way.....................................https://theultimatejeep.com/images/imported/2011/06/smileyviolent069-1.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)

Are you cruising the the food court for high school chics again man :)

IamJEEP
06-29-2011, 08:32 AM
Are you cruising the the food court for high school chics again man :)

Nope, I was at the MILF mall!

Tymac
06-29-2011, 10:23 AM

Nice!

Holaday07 4.7
07-01-2011, 11:44 AM

Cougar Hunting, nice!

Matt
07-19-2011, 02:14 PM
So is this going anywhere or dwindling off? I've tried to get a few guys interested in coming over to get the ball rolling... but its hard to get something rolling uphill.

LWM
07-19-2011, 09:37 PM
So is this going anywhere or dwindling off? I've tried to get a few guys interested in coming over to get the ball rolling... but its hard to get something rolling uphill.

I made some sample areas but have not seen any WK owners jump in too provide their input, if they are not interested I did not want to spend much more time and money on it. It is up to them!

Matt
07-20-2011, 03:33 AM
Changing the logo up at the top may help....

What are the sample areas you made? Ill try sending out some links.

IamJEEP
07-20-2011, 03:56 AM
So far no interest...............no point of changing anything.

I'm all for it but there are no fish biting.

Matt
07-20-2011, 05:23 AM
Its like fishing with the wrong bait.... I try to put myself in their shoes. I would have a hard time posting and getting involved in a forum that was solely WKs based on the web address and a big "ultimate grand Cherokee" header.

BUT, if the Dan and Sal can't even get the guys that they hang out with and wheel with to post here to help the cause, maybe it isn't worth trying..... I figured they would be shoe-ins to the idea of having "our" own site instead of being step children on other Jeep forums.

But at least we tried. And we're not going anywhere. :)

LWM
07-20-2011, 05:28 AM
Changing the logo up at the top may help....

What are the sample areas you made? Ill try sending out some links.

I added a WK thread and modified some thread discriptions:

http://www.xk-forum.com/forumdisplay.php/93-General-Jeep-Grand-Cherokee-(WK)-Discussion

"New to XK-Forums.com? Come on in and tell us about yourself and your Jeep Commander or Grand Cherokee. Just get your new XK, XH or WK? Post about it in here! Here you will find the basic rules and great information to get you started."

So far no interest...............no point of changing anything.

I'm all for it but there are no fish biting.

It would cost money and time to change the header, no point in doing that if there is no interest.

Matt
07-20-2011, 05:57 AM
It would cost money and time to change the header, no point in doing that if there is no interest.

I'm with ya on that... I've never managed a website so I didn't know how difficult some of these changes would be.

LWM
07-20-2011, 07:19 AM
I'm with ya on that... I've never managed a website so I didn't know how difficult some of these changes would be.

They are not really difficult, time and money are the main factors and with the limited paid members (thank you all by the way) it does not make sense to add domains and change the header for no return on investment.

I try to keep costs down to a bare minimum in order to make this forum about the Commander instead of about making money.

Sal-XK
07-20-2011, 08:02 AM
The interest isn't there from what I can see. Also it's summer time which is when were all out enjoying our jeeps and the mods we did over the winter. We have a strong group here and were constantly adding members so we might just want to stick with what we have.

Matt
07-20-2011, 09:08 AM
On another note.... can we still change to GroceryGetter4x4??? Lol That domain really grew on me... and the sticker/t-shirts/accessory options are nearly endless. :)

LWM
07-20-2011, 10:56 AM
On another note.... can we still change to GroceryGetter4x4??? Lol That domain really grew on me... and the sticker/t-shirts/accessory options are nearly endless. :)

If you buy the domain I give you permission to direct it to this site :)

IamJEEP
07-21-2011, 11:27 AM
If you buy the domain I give you permission to direct it to this site :)

How much is the domain?

Matt
07-21-2011, 11:38 AM
I think its like $10/year.

But if its just a phantom domain that directs you to xk-forum.com and doesn't appear in the address bar/links/etc it kind of defeats the point.

IamJEEP
07-21-2011, 11:42 AM
I agree.

AJeepZJ
07-21-2011, 01:41 PM
But I like UJA.com the MOST.. but a lot of those are really good.

IamJEEP
07-21-2011, 02:00 PM
UJA? Enlighten me.....

AJeepZJ
07-21-2011, 02:09 PM
Sorry, I was abbreviating - UltimateJeepAssociation.com up above. Just a lot of words to type, even for fast typers... like me, lol.

IamJEEP
07-21-2011, 02:28 PM
Ahhhh, i see. Thats a good one.

Sal-XK
07-21-2011, 05:36 PM
Don't worry AJ Caleb is the slow one around here. :)

IamJEEP
07-21-2011, 07:14 PM
Hey now, is that a 3.7L joke?

Well im not laughing, at all, maybe a little.

Matt
07-21-2011, 07:19 PM
That's not laughing i hear... more like sobbing if you ask me...

pjmjr508
07-22-2011, 10:34 AM
lol

IamJEEP
07-22-2011, 11:23 AM
You guys are not right. https://theultimatejeep.com/images/imported/2011/07/bigsmiley004-1.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/free-big-smiley.php)