PDA

View Full Version : What kind of lift do you have on your Commander?

LWM
06-17-2010, 10:17 AM
There are many more lifts available now then when I went shoping for my lift three years ago. What lift do you have on your Commander? If you lift is not listed then send me a PM and I will update the list so you can vote for your lift.

Sal-XK
06-17-2010, 10:20 AM
Is there suppose to be pole I don't see. anyway I have the RC2" lift and I'm pretty happy with it so far.

LWM
06-17-2010, 10:23 AM
Is there suppose to be pole I don't see. anyway I have the RC2" lift and I'm pretty happy with it so far.

I was building the poll when you commented! Go back and vote.

LWM
06-17-2010, 10:24 AM
I have the Rocky Road 2.25" lift but would love to upgrade to the Superlift 4" lift if the price was right.

Doc in AZ
06-17-2010, 10:04 PM
i haven't seen a rock krawler lift on a commander yet, but if it's anything like the rest of their product line i would buy that without question. keep in mind i am a fabricator and build just about anything you can imagine, not just off -road stuff. i have all the material and know-how to build any type of suspension i want, but when i am ready for a long-arm suspension set up, i will be buying the rock krawler kit. plain and simply put... their product WORKS! i have seen their long arm lifts on several different models of jeeps and have always been impressed.

HueyPilotVN
06-20-2010, 10:48 PM
I have a combination lift. I did have a Rocky Road 2 1/4 lift using the spacers. After increasing the weight of the rear of my Commander with a diamond plate storage compartment and an additional 30 gallon auxillary gas tank, I installed Superlift 4 inch replacement coils springs on the rear and took off the rear spacer. I was bottoming out with the extra weigh when using the stock springs. I think Jon need to add another choice to his poll.

LWM
06-21-2010, 06:24 AM
I think Jon need to add another choice to his poll.

You asked for it! You got it :)

wmjacobsjr
06-21-2010, 06:17 PM
Doc, on Ebay they have a pic of a Commander with a Rock Krawler lift in their listing. Looks pretty cool with the wheel combo they used.

Little Evil
06-21-2010, 06:47 PM
Isn't the Rock Krawler kit the spacer kit where they added the front and rear lift to get 3.5 inches? I believe Tymac is the one that installed one of those kits. I'm running the Rocky Road kit and everything has been great! Definitely getting the itch to get the Superlift 4" kit installed.

Arrie
06-30-2010, 12:39 PM
I love my Superlift 4" kit.

07JeepXK
06-30-2010, 12:47 PM
BDS 2 inch lift for the moment. 4 inch Superlift in the future!

s52e368
07-23-2010, 06:29 AM
installed my RC lift last night. took about 4hrs, god was it hot. i had to stop a few times to hydrate and eat.. looks great, drives a floaty but its been awhile since ive been in a lifted vehicle. the ride quality is the same as far a harshness.

very pleased with the look and the product.

cico7
07-23-2010, 08:41 AM
Have to had it aligned yet?

bruijr
07-23-2010, 09:15 AM
I have the RC 2" lift. Affordable lift and easy to install.

I did notice that the stock front struts are bottoming out. Passenger side strut is leaking already. I really do think that that is the notorious "clunk" everybody is talking about. On the AFT side I'm having rubbing against the wheel well when bottoming out. I planning on replacing the RC lift with the OME HD shocks, struts and coils.

kmax
08-09-2010, 04:28 PM
Mine is a combination of sorts - the rear is as Superlift designed it with the SSR remote res shocks. A bit overkill on those but they work beautifully. The front is Superlift with coils made by Deaver Suspension in Santa Ana, CA. The stock coils couldn't hack the weight of a steel bumper and winch and have been retired to a corner of my garage. The Deaver coils brought the sagging front up 2"+ and still give a fantastic ride and the XK sits right about level. Also have Bilstein struts but didn't really notice much difference over the OEM struts to be honest. May go with OME struts next time around.

robby
08-09-2010, 05:11 PM
Or .....the 1.5" levelling kit I make.

Rob

kmax
08-16-2010, 05:05 PM
Thanks, Robby - I'm already at about 5" total lift on the front. If I ever remove the winch and bumper, I'd be about 6.5+ - way too much. But without my custom coils, that 1.5" kit of yours would have been perfect to bring it back up. Besides, those Deaver coils give a far better ride than stock. After riding in my Commander, my wife's XK feels like...well...a Jeep!

06blkhemi
11-20-2010, 05:42 PM
I just installed the RC kit a few weeks ago. To me it also feels "floaty"but not harsh.. Good enough for now !!

txbajacommander
01-30-2011, 07:55 AM
I have the superlift/aev 4", with 2" OME sruts and coils up front, 2" teraflex spacers in the back. And fox resi shocks in back

bigmaninds
01-30-2011, 07:22 PM
I have HD OME coils all around, extra set of top of the strut spacer up front and a 2 inch spacer on top of the coil in the rear. Rancho struts in the front and Rancho adjustable in the rear.

superacerc
01-31-2011, 01:13 PM
I originally thought i had the rough country style lift( it was on the jeep when i bought it). Since then and spending more time under the jeep I have realized that I have a 2" lift done with springs only. I assume its the OME lift unless there is another I don't know about. Bilstein 5150's in the rear.

lekmedm
07-10-2013, 12:14 PM
I had the SuperLift installed a couple of months ago. I thought there were more of us with the SL...

07JeepXK
07-12-2013, 02:27 AM
This poll is old. When I voted I had the BDS spacer lift. I have had the OME on for a few years now. A lot of guys have switched to the OME so this poll isn't that accurate

ScorpionCrawler
07-12-2013, 04:41 AM
When I voted I had the BDS spacer lift. I have had the OME on for a few years now. A lot of guys have switched to the OME so this poll isn't that accurate

Vote in your OME since I have your old BDS installed.
It would be interesting to see what everyone has installed now.

07JeepXK
07-12-2013, 01:11 PM
You can only vote once

Core XK
07-13-2013, 09:47 AM
2" RC installed by Matt more then a year ago I guess? Not one issue at all. Love it.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

07JeepXK
07-13-2013, 07:23 PM
We can always just make a new poll. I know a lot of guys that started out with spacer lifts have upgraded to either OME or Superlift.