PDA

View Full Version : pinheads in service dept

mcgarrah
06-16-2011, 02:01 PM
So i took my well tuned Commander to the stealership for an oil change chasis lube and coolant flush. So i pick up the vehicle quickly discover that there is no coolant and the drivetrain light come on wtf is that all about

LWM
06-16-2011, 04:08 PM
I would tell them to fix it and that you want the days services for free for your trouble.

Sal-XK
06-16-2011, 05:20 PM
I would bring it right back but don't get mad just be pleasant. Make them want to help you and not give them a reason to mess with you.

Matt
06-16-2011, 06:48 PM
mistakes happen... albeit some worse than others. Go in there with a level/calm head and tell them what the issue is. If its as bad as you say, the service manager will probably be embarrassed and be extremely helpful to make it right.

Adondo
06-17-2011, 09:08 AM
mistakes happen... albeit some worse than others. Go in there with a level/calm head and tell them what the issue is. If its as bad as you say, the service manager will probably be embarrassed and be extremely helpful to make it right.

I agree. If you're hornet-mad, they might screw up even more. And after they fix it, go somewhere ELSE next time. :)

wookie
06-17-2011, 11:18 PM
Had the same sort of issue when I got my vehicle back from the body shop. The coolant was low (disappeared from the reservoir when the engine was at temp) and the power steering was low. Its not uncommon for an air pocket to form during a fluid change or flush. They should be more than willing to fix their mistake and save their reputation. I tend to collect a lot of Chrysler swag when they make mistakes. My Nissan dealership replaced a tire at their cost when they failed to fix a leaking TPMS sensor and over torqued the lug nuts.

Brandon1024
07-24-2011, 11:01 AM
Hey at least you didnt go to talk to jeep about trading for in a JK and the guy goes "so you looking to trade in your 05 commander"