PDA

View Full Version : Superchips Jeep Commander Flashpaq Programmer #3875

LWM
06-17-2010, 02:56 PM
https://theultimatejeep.com/images/imported/2010/06/FlashpaqControler-2.jpg

Product Description:

Superchips Jeep Commander Flashpaq Programmer 06-08 4.7L / 5.7L
Browse Superchips Inc. Products

Improve the performance and drivability of your Jeep with a Flashpaq programmer from Superchips. Superchips, an industry leader in performance programmer manufacturing, worked for months with Jeep enthusiasts to create the first programmer that offers off-road adjustments as well as the standard Flashpaq features. This industry first programmer features a wide range of on- and off-road performance adjustments and settings to provide the Jeep enthusiasts with complete vehicle tuning in the palm of their hand.

The Jeep Flashpaq programmer allows low-throttle response tuning for improved crawling as well as 4-Hi locking axle control for improved off-road performance. A transfer case gear change correction ensures proper speedometer display while the idle control provides settings to accommodate for vehicle accessories that can bog down the engine at normal idle speeds. For airing down tires on different terrains, a Tire Pressure Monitoring System threshold adjustment allows running lower tire pressure without effect the vehicle's computer.

The tire size adjustment allows the use of larger tires while keeping the speedometer accurate and the real-time vehicle sensor display and data logging ensures that you know how the vehicle performing at all times. An increase in torque, horsepower, and drivability can easily be accomplished using the programmer performance setting. All performance programmers read, display, and clear diagnostic codes (DTCs) and are compatible with most aftermarket intakes and exhausts. The Flashpaq programmer is easy to use and can be updated with online software updates guaranteeing that it is never out of date.

* Performance and low-throttle response crawling tune
* 4-Hi locking axle control
* Transfer case gear change correction
* Idle control for accessories
* Tire Pressure Monitoring System threshold adjustment
* Tire size adjustment for electronic speedometer correction
* Real-time vehicle sensor display and data logging
* Greater increases in horsepower, torque, and drivability
* Compatible with most aftermarket accessories
* Read, display, & clear DTCs
* Up to 17hp & 26lb-ft torque

Improve the performance and drivablilty of your Jeep with a Flashpaq performance programmer from Superchips. This easy to use programmer is a perfect addition to any Jeep.
For use with 4.7L / 5.7L engines only.

Manufacturer part number(s): 3875

07JeepXK
06-17-2010, 03:31 PM
I just bought a Flashpaq last week from a friend who wasn't happy with it. He bought it for his 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee mainly to adjust the tire size and for improved shifting. For some reason the flashpaq wouldnt let him adjust his tire size and he couldnt get all the benefits from the flashpaq that we can on our Jeeps. Needless to say I bought it from him cheaper then I would have found it anywhere else and absolutely love it so far. I measured my tires and adjusted the tire size through the programmer and my speedometer is finally dead on. It has been off for almost two years. After that I messed around with the 87 Octane tune but really wasnt all that impressed. It almost seemed like I lost a little HP/TQ however the transmission shifted a lot better then prior to the Flashpaq. I drove around for a few days and decided to try the 91 performance tune. There was a noticable difference of HP/TQ. My gas mileage has improved a few miles per gallon but I think most of that is due to the proper tire size being programmed. In the next few days I plan on messing with the transmission shift schedules to fine tune the shifts.

kitkat
10-13-2010, 04:23 PM
I would like to get rid of mine too. Was very excited about it but if I try the basic performance mod, it idles rough and if I adjust anything beyond that, it misfires and throws codes everywhere. I have only used it to adjust the tire size...oh well

pjmjr508
01-26-2011, 01:04 PM
I would like to get rid of mine too. Was very excited about it but if I try the basic performance mod, it idles rough and if I adjust anything beyond that, it misfires and throws codes everywhere. I have only used it to adjust the tire size...oh well

Do you still have yours? if so you want to sell it? If so how much?

The_War_Wagon
11-13-2011, 03:14 PM
I'd LOVE to get more out of mine, but aside from the "87 octane" tune, I've not done much with it.

I'm running factory meats, and I'm primarily a stop 'n' go asphalt crawler in the big city at the moment. I'm hoping new plugs & PCV this week will pull a LOT more performance (and gas mileage) out of both my CAI and my tune. I'm running the QT-II, 3.73 gears, and 5 speed auto - anyone recommend how to firm up the shift (particularly in low gears, as you pull a LOTTA hills here in Pittsburgh - even on asphalt!), I'm all ears!

LWM
11-13-2011, 04:13 PM
I will have mine for sale as soon as the VIVID is released.

superacerc
02-15-2012, 04:31 PM
So you guys that have lived with the flashpaq for a while what are your thoughts and reccomended settings? 91 octane mode the best choice?

pjmjr508
02-16-2012, 07:52 AM
So you guys that have lived with the flashpaq for a while what are your thoughts and reccomended settings? 91 octane mode the best choice?

I like the power & the shift points so I am staying with the power setting of 91

fco27
06-19-2012, 10:04 AM
How about the mpg gains what gains did you guys see. I have the 06 4.7 and wouldn't mind one or two more mpg. :)

07JeepXK
06-19-2012, 12:44 PM

I have been running the 91 octane tune in my 4.7 for about two years now. I didnt like the way the XK shifted on the 87 octane setting. As far as mpg its to hard to tell. Im running 33's which doesnt help in that category.

The_War_Wagon
06-20-2012, 06:17 AM
You guys are gonna talk me into trying that 91 octane setting eventually. Maybe it'll beat driving around town in 25mph zones in 4th... 1355

Matt
06-20-2012, 06:31 AM
I was not impressed at all with the 91 tune on mine. Got worse gas mileage and performance was negligible. I did some long term testing for all tuning levels and am back at the stock tune modified for tire size & TPMS delete. This is going to vary greatly by engine though.... I think mine is a case of the 5.7L factory tuned for 89octane and therefore don't notice a big gain going to 91 tuning, and the 87 performance tune just didn't feel right for the engine. The only thing the tunes did help with was some throttle delay.... but its not enough to bother me in this vehicle, I'm not gunning it at lights and the 5.7 has enough power to get me moving when pulling into traffic even with a bit of torque management (throttle delay).

I also wonder if some of the mpg gains people are noticing are due to tire size adjustments. Some may not be accounting for the mileage difference of having larger tires than the speedo is calibrated for so their mpg reading is low until corrected. And others may be putting 32" for their tire size when the effective tire diameter is actually 30.5"- so their computer thinks they're driving further than they actually are which shows better mpg than actual.

Not saying that's the case for everyone.... but just food for thought.

Edit: Not discouraging people from tuners here. I recommend them for the obvious benefits for correcting tire size so the speedometer is accurate and the trans shifts correctly (which btw probably does help a bit with mpg.... but not +3). And any performance gains you get are an added benefit IMO.

redrockv8
07-18-2012, 01:53 PM
I just can't decide if I want to spend the money on this or not. I have a 2007 4.7l. Is this device specific to my vehicle? Can I use it on my 1996 Cherokee Sport 4.0l? I would like to turn off the TPMS on my Commander. Will this device be useless if I sell my COmmander? (heaven forbid that should happen). Who is using it on their 4.7 and do you think It's worth the cash? What else will it do that might tempt me to buy it?
If I were to use the 91 octane setting do I have to run 91-93 octane in my tank or can I still use 87 octane? I've never even heard of such a device until a few days ago so I'm basically in the dark as to it's capabilities. I picture me bricking my Jeep by changing a setting and then it won't start. Could this happen?
HT

07JeepXK
07-18-2012, 02:16 PM
I just can't decide if I want to spend the money on this or not. I have a 2007 4.7l. Is this device specific to my vehicle? Can I use it on my 1996 Cherokee Sport 4.0l? I would like to turn off the TPMS on my Commander. Will this device be useless if I sell my COmmander? (heaven forbid that should happen). Who is using it on their 4.7 and do you think It's worth the cash? What else will it do that might tempt me to buy it?
If I were to use the 91 octane setting do I have to run 91-93 octane in my tank or can I still use 87 octane? I've never even heard of such a device until a few days ago so I'm basically in the dark as to it's capabilities. I picture me bricking my Jeep by changing a setting and then it won't start. Could this happen?
HT

I'm using it on my 4.7 Commander and love it. It helps greatly now that I'm running 33s. If you have it on the 91 tune you need to run at least 91 octane. You can't go backwards in octane. But you can tune it to 87 performance and run either 87, 89 or 91 octane. I use mine to disable the tpms, correct speedo for larger tires and the 91 tune helped greatly with the transmission shift points running the larger tires. It can be used for other model jeep. I bought mine from a friend who was using it on a 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7 liter. If you ever sold your jeep you could just sell the flashpaq here on the forum

stites-xk
07-18-2012, 03:04 PM
I love it. Great for larger tires. I use the 91 tune because as 07jeepXK said the transmission shifts alot better now.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

The_War_Wagon
07-18-2012, 03:57 PM
I actually tried the Tow tune next, and ah'll be danged if I haven't picked up about 3/4 of an mpg around town on 89 octane gas!!! :eek: I pull a LOTTA hills, in short hop, stop-n-go traffic, so it seems to be just what the doctor ordered - to help tow itself around town! :p

Matt
07-18-2012, 04:06 PM
These are some heavy SUV's... holding on to those gears a bit longer probably helps on those hills!

jcoulter
07-18-2012, 05:39 PM
I actually tried the Tow tune next, and ah'll be danged if I haven't picked up about 3/4 of an mpg around town on 89 octane gas!!! :eek: I pull a LOTTA hills, in short hop, stop-n-go traffic, so it seems to be just what the doctor ordered - to help tow itself around town! :p

I thought you had to run at least 91 octane when on the tow tune?

07JeepXK
07-18-2012, 07:20 PM
I thought you had to run at least 91 octane when on the tow tune?

I never heard that before. I think the tow tune really only changes the transmission shift points and stop it from going into over drive.

jcoulter
07-20-2012, 06:16 PM
I was so sure I went out and went through the motions to tune it. Sure enough it did not say anything about 91 octane. Sorry for the misinformation.

07JeepXK
07-20-2012, 06:36 PM
haha I bet that was a fun process just to figure out you were wrong.

Matt
07-20-2012, 06:38 PM
lol ouch. That's an internet nut shot :p

07JeepXK
07-20-2012, 07:36 PM
Haha I was just messing with him.

jcoulter
07-22-2012, 09:28 AM
It's all good. When posting it I was thinking "I'm admitting I'm wrong on the internet". I never thought that happened. :)