PDA

View Full Version : Inquiry for more wheel options to Mickey Thompson

Matt
06-24-2011, 06:12 AM
Very impressed with their extremely fast reply (within 20 minutes of my E-mail)

I was wondering if there are plans to make the Classic Lock Wheels in any other backspace/width options? The current 17x9 with 4.5" backspace is too much to run for most newer Jeeps (XK's and WK's with 5x5 bolt pattern). A 17x8.5 with 5.5" backspace would be ideal. (or close variations..)

Thanks,
Matt

Matt,
At this time there are no plans. I will put a request in for you.

Thanks,

Shaun
Mickey Thompson Tires & Wheels
Avon Motorcycle Tires North America
Technical Support

Now I know that this is somewhat of a scripted reply.... whether or not the "request" gets us anywhere is dependent on how many inquiries they get. If they don't see a market, they're not going to make the wheels.

So I followed up with one more reply

Shaun,

Thanks for the extremely fast reply! I'm a big fan of Mickey Thompson products... specifically the ATZ's that I ran on my Sierra. Next year, when I lift my Commander 4", I plan on running the 285/70/17 ATZs and would love to pair them with a set of the Classic Locks.

There are quite a few people running 2" spacer kits on their Commanders and 2005+ Grand Cherokees. But due to the limited availability of offroad style wheels that will fit due to width and backspace, the majority of the enthusiasts end up running wheel spacers with their stock wheels.

Thanks again,
Matt

07JeepXK
06-24-2011, 06:42 AM
Awsome! I've always liked the Classic Lock wheels. Like you said though, the wheels really werent designed with the proper specs for an XK/WK. Im sure the JK was in mind when they were produced. The more members that write to companies like this the more products we will see for our vehicles!