PDA

View Full Version : Not so smooth acceleration - HEMI

OnATrail
07-13-2011, 06:47 PM
I used to be able to hit the gas and go smoothly up to whatever speed I wanted. Lately, when I really give it the throttle seems to be all over the board, it pulls a little then lets off then pulls some more, very choppy. My foot is to the floor the whole time so something somewhere is happening, just not sure what. Any suggestions?

Sal-XK
07-13-2011, 06:50 PM
Does your ESP light come on maybe its kicking in bad wheel speed sensor just shooting in the dark here.

Matt
07-13-2011, 07:27 PM
How many miles do you have? Maybe time for some fresh plugs if its been 30k since your last set.

Have you changed your grade of gas recently? Maybe trying to run 87 instead of 89 to save a few bucks at the pump? Under WOT that would cause the computer to pull timing because there's bound to be some pre-detonation.

wookie
07-16-2011, 06:24 AM
if the 06 is throttle by wire check the electrical connections for corrosion. Also check the throttle body operation manually with the intake removed, may be gummed up. May also be fuel injectors or timing.........Lots going on to get the big beast moving.

Matt
07-16-2011, 06:47 AM
It's kind of a shame he hasn't been back to post. He has a really nice XK, had 5 posts last august/sept and hasn't been back until just now when he needs some help.

We're here to help man but you gotta at least check in to see what we're recommending and maybe give us some more feedback so we can troubleshoot a bit better. https://theultimatejeep.com/notfound.png