PDA

View Full Version : DIY Transmission fluid filters change Question

NoMatter
07-16-2011, 12:33 PM
I'm getting ready to change both filters on the tranny soon and was wondering do I buy MOPAR ATF+4 or is it fine to substitute another high quality +4 Trans fluid. I would think its all the same but the mixing existing with a different type has me second guessing?

Sal-XK
07-16-2011, 08:05 PM
If your worried the few extra dollars for the mopar fluid seems well worth the peace of mind.

07JeepXK
07-17-2011, 07:25 AM
If you go with the Mopar you cant go wrong. Its easy to do but really messy. If you plan on changing the o-ring that comes with the flat filter make sure you take your time doing it. I messed up the first one and had to buy a whole new filter to get another o-ring. They dont sell them seperately. Once I got the old one out I just used a socket that was the same size as the o-ring and pounded it in with a hammer.

NoMatter
07-17-2011, 03:34 PM
Thanks I guess the extra couple bucks per quart is worth it overall, About eight Quarts right?

carlosshane1477
07-18-2011, 06:52 PM
I thinks that would not changes a lot. But if you like to have both of that I would not guess, give it a try. I try this site on how to change automatic transmission fluid and filter (http://www.automd.com/133/how-to-change-automatic-transmission-fluid-and-filter/) and they have a estimate cost for the repair.