PDA

View Full Version : Hypertech speedometer calibrator 752001

IamJEEP
07-28-2011, 05:51 PM
I had taken the Jeep to the dealer to have the speedo calibrated for my new sized tires. Well, they suck so the speedo was still off (see pic# 1). So, I bit the bullet and baught the calibrator offered by Hypertech (see pic# 2). This thing does wheel sizes in .25" increments up to 55". It will also do different rear gear calibrations if you had swapped out your gears (I didn't so I left this setting stock. My tires are 31.57", so I set the setting to 31.50" and it is fairly close now (see pic# 3). I took a short highway trip to see if this had cured my "hunting" issues while in cruise control and it seemed to do a lot better. It only downshifted once going over an overpass vs. before it used to downshift about two gears to ramp up to speed. I will have to do a longer ride to get a better feel for it before I call it "fixed". The Hypertech unit ran me around $130 shipped and it only took me 10 minutes to program. Also, this unit is internet upgradeable to a HP/TQ programmer if they ever make a program for the '06 3.7L.

PIC# 1
https://theultimatejeep.com/notfound.png

PIC# 2

PIC# 3

PS: On the 3erd pic, the angle of the camera makes it look like I'm doing 50mph. In reality, the needle was just under 50mph (probably 48/49mph).

Sorry for the cell pics...

Sal-XK
07-28-2011, 06:56 PM
You need to go get some gas is what you should do. :)

IamJEEP
07-28-2011, 07:00 PM
You need to go get some gas is what you should do. :)

LOL!!!!!! True.

IamJEEP
07-28-2011, 07:01 PM
PS: It also reads and clears DTCs...

Sal-XK
07-28-2011, 07:06 PM
Does it have any fuel economy programs or tow settings?

IamJEEP
07-28-2011, 07:16 PM
Nope. Just recalibrates speedometer, gear swaps, reads and clears DCTs. It is upgradeable if a program is made.

They do have one now that does the above plus adds hp/tq and fuel economy for the '07-'10 3.7L engines, tho. But, not for the '06s.

chevelleman4292
12-10-2011, 04:13 PM
i just bought the calibrator for my 06 w/3.7l,im having some trouble with it.did you have any problems getting past the part after the programmer checks for dtc's.mine gets that far and says "not for this vehicle".I am waiting for a response from a hypertech tech because i tryed updating it like the instructions say to, but that also isn't working.

IamJEEP
12-10-2011, 04:33 PM
i just bought the calibrator for my 06 w/3.7l,im having some trouble with it.did you have any problems getting past the part after the programmer checks for dtc's.mine gets that far and says "not for this vehicle".I am waiting for a response from a hypertech tech because i tryed updating it like the instructions say to, but that also isn't working.

Negative, I did not have any issues with mine. Plugged it in, followed the on screen commands and thats all she wrote. Good luck with it and report back with your findings.