PDA

View Full Version : Easter Eggs

LWM
08-02-2011, 06:00 AM
Have you discovered a secret hidden within your Commander? share them here:

LWM
08-02-2011, 06:01 AM
Use the UConnect Without Reaching for the Rearview Mirror.

The radio controls on the back of the steering wheel do double duty and supplement the UConnect Phone and Voice Command buttons on the rear view mirror.

Holding down the left radio control button on the back of the steering wheel for a couple of seconds will activate the UConnect "Phone" option (don't push the up or down but rather the raised portion directly in the center of the button).

It activates the "Voice" command button and allows you to send numeric dial commands to voice mail, etc... (e.g. push the button, say "1 2 3 4 SEND" to send 1234 to the other phone/voicemail system.

LWM
08-02-2011, 06:03 AM
Anyone with the Navigation Radio in the XK...

You can use steering wheel controls to operate the Navigation System, just like the Navigation radio in the Grand Cherokee.

You can switch the Navigation controls from the radio buttons to the steering wheel by holdiing down the Center button on the right side of the steering wheel, then while holding the button down... press and release the center button on the left side of the steering wheel.

Then if you look at the display on the monitor you will see a steering wheel icon on the lower right of the display (next to the clock). During the time the steering wheel icon is displayed control of the Navigation is switched to the steering wheel.

To switch control back to the radio buttons, just hold the center button on the right side of the steering wheel and press and release the center button on the left side of the steering wheel and the steering wheel icon is no longer visible.

LWM
08-02-2011, 06:09 AM
Did you know you can recline the 2nd row seats?

Just lift the seat lever up and push back.

Sal-XK
08-02-2011, 06:37 AM
DTC key dance

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rD1SysWu_Fs

IamJEEP
08-03-2011, 08:43 AM
The sun visors telescope out to get more coverage.

CmmdrDan
08-12-2011, 05:19 AM
The sun visors telescope out to get more coverage.

This I did not know. This may just be for me. But under the second row of seats are secret compartments. Inside one of those compartments is a green marker. It was left by the child of the former owner.

wookie
08-29-2011, 02:04 PM
This I did not know. This may just be for me. But under the second row of seats are secret compartments. Inside one of those compartments is a green marker. It was left by the child of the former owner.

I found a 12 ga slug under the 3rd row seats. It too must have been left by the child of the previous owner...........

cico7
08-29-2011, 07:13 PM
oh, I can only wonder what the next owner of my jeep will find! Probably me.

lekmedm
08-31-2011, 06:05 PM
Did you know you can recline the 2nd row seats?

Just lift the seat lever up and push back.

I think that's only for either side. I haven't found any way to recline the center part.

IamJEEP
08-31-2011, 06:16 PM
There is a button for the rear hatch glass under the Jeep badge a little to the right.