Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: JCoulter's Garage

Senior Member Getting Dirty

JCoulter's Garage

Thought I had a garage thread, guess not. We picked up another Jeep so I guess I'll start one.

Youtube channel

The one that started it all. I went car shopping looking to trade my single cab pickup on an extended/quad cab one to fit the whole family in. Ended up with a 06 4.7 XK. Write up here.

After many mods and wheelin it for a bit.

After wheeling it for a bit I decided to get a trail rig and relegate the XK to tow rig. Picked up a XJ cheap. Only one problem,

Floor fixed and ready to roll.

Having fun! Shakedown run.

I've beat the heck out of it since then. Had a few small breaks along the way. Been tons of fun.

Newest addition. Big plans for this one.

Senior Member Getting Dirty CmmdrDan's Avatar
    Nice. Im hoping to start a career here soon. When I do. I am getting a rig to build the hell out of!

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Very cool. XJ's sure are fun to build!

How's the 4.7L do towing that?

Very cool, what are the plans for the new one?
    2007 Jeep Commander: QTII, Leather, Sunroof, remote start, OEM Skid Plates, 2 in Daystar lift, 255.75.17 BFG Mud Terrains on Moabs, 1.25 " Spidertrax wheel spacers, 4x Guard front guard and Side Guards, Optima Red Top, Robbys half inch leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shocks, Pinch weld mod and trimming!

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty
    Thats What My XJ used to Look Like!!!!!!!!!! Funny how more and more of you XK's are purchasing XJ's to crap all over.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Very cool. XJ's sure are fun to build!

How's the 4.7L do towing that?
    Does as well as it can. All loaded down we are about 11,000#! I have a Flashpaq programmer so I reprogram to the towing tune every time. If I keep it about 72mph I get about 11mpg! It runs about 1800rpm at 72 and rarely ever kicks down a gear though it hates long hills. I know I shouldn't but I will speed up going down hill to help it out going back up. Once my wife's car dies the XK will go to her and I"ll find a pickup that'll tow a lot better.

Quote Originally Posted by Holaday07 4.7 View Post
    Very cool, what are the plans for the new one?
    This winter I'm planning to put a pair of chevy 10 bolts under it and I just picked up some 35" boggers. Going to plate the "frame" as well and get a Dana 300 since the chevy axles are passenger side drop. While I really want to put 1 ton axles under it I can't afford it right now. Ultimately it'll have one ton axles, 40"ish tires, Chevy 350, turbo 350/400, np203/205 doubler, exo or interior cage, chop top, etc. I spend lots of time on Pirate4x4 just looking around and getting ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by AJeepZJ View Post
    Thats What My XJ used to Look Like!!!!!!!!!! Funny how more and more of you XK's are purchasing XJ's to crap all over.
    When looking for something to trail I needed room for my wife and two girls. EVERYONE has a freaking Wrangler and I really didn't want one of those. Plus the guys I was hanging around with have a full size Chevy on tons and a K5 blazer on tons as well. I couldn't afford to go that big as it requires a bigger tow rig and trailer as it is the XJ will be heavy enough. S-10's are to small, Tracker's and Samurai's are hard to come by here. A Toyota might have been a good option but I didn't even look at those plus I don't know anything about those trucks.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    I bought AJ's XJ and only wheeled it once and all I can say is it's an awesome choice bro! Keep us updated on the XJ as well. Did you start a garage for your XJ in the My other jeep section?

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    I miss my XJ... they are one of the best Jeeps for utilitarian use IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Sal-XK View Post
    I bought AJ's XJ and only wheeled it once and all I can say is it's an awesome choice bro! Keep us updated on the XJ as well. Did you start a garage for your XJ in the My other jeep section?
    No I haven't. Too tired right now. I will later. Thanks for the heads up.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty IamJEEP's Avatar
    Nice bro! One day I will have an XJ.
    ****Uwharrie Aprroved****
    2006 Commander Sport- 3.7L- 4X4*Inferno Red Crystal Pearl*Rocky Road 2.25" lift *"Limited" Color-Matched Rear Grab Handles*Mopar Hitch/Harness*4xGaurd Matrix w/Fogs*Rear Bumper Lights*Tinted Front Side Markers*MHT Fuel Hostage 17x8.5 +14ET*Nitto Terra Graplers 265/70/17*
    --------->My Garage<------------------

RAGE ROOF RACK MEMBER #2
    Quote Originally Posted by AJeepZJ View Post
    Then I drove her hard for about 45 mins.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information