Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Very cool. XJ's sure are fun to build!

How's the 4.7L do towing that?
Does as well as it can. All loaded down we are about 11,000#! I have a Flashpaq programmer so I reprogram to the towing tune every time. If I keep it about 72mph I get about 11mpg! It runs about 1800rpm at 72 and rarely ever kicks down a gear though it hates long hills. I know I shouldn't but I will speed up going down hill to help it out going back up. Once my wife's car dies the XK will go to her and I"ll find a pickup that'll tow a lot better.

Quote Originally Posted by Holaday07 4.7 View Post
Very cool, what are the plans for the new one?
This winter I'm planning to put a pair of chevy 10 bolts under it and I just picked up some 35" boggers. Going to plate the "frame" as well and get a Dana 300 since the chevy axles are passenger side drop. While I really want to put 1 ton axles under it I can't afford it right now. Ultimately it'll have one ton axles, 40"ish tires, Chevy 350, turbo 350/400, np203/205 doubler, exo or interior cage, chop top, etc. I spend lots of time on Pirate4x4 just looking around and getting ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by AJeepZJ View Post
Thats What My XJ used to Look Like!!!!!!!!!! Funny how more and more of you XK's are purchasing XJ's to crap all over.
When looking for something to trail I needed room for my wife and two girls. EVERYONE has a freaking Wrangler and I really didn't want one of those. Plus the guys I was hanging around with have a full size Chevy on tons and a K5 blazer on tons as well. I couldn't afford to go that big as it requires a bigger tow rig and trailer as it is the XJ will be heavy enough. S-10's are to small, Tracker's and Samurai's are hard to come by here. A Toyota might have been a good option but I didn't even look at those plus I don't know anything about those trucks.