Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahmed
I'm really interested to make such a project.

Questions,

What are those small pipes at the top edge of the tank for?

What is the maximum range for the two tanks combined?

The Aux tank has the same kind of connections as the main tank. The connection at the top include a sending unit for the gas gauge, a pickup tube with a sock type filter, and lines for the transfer pump to send fuel to the main tank as well as return lines from the main tank in case it overfills. For the first 1/3 to 1/2 tank the two tanks have a common hose that allows the gas to gravity fill the front tank. The timer switch can be used to refill the front tank from the aux tank by using the transfer pump.

The maximum range depends on your gas mileage. The aux tank adds a little over 30 gallons to your capacity. I also carry a NATO 5 gallon gas can. It is mostly for helping someone else that needs gas. Good way to make friends on long trail rides.

The fellow that made my aux tank is located in California and is willing to sell the entire kit for out of state use. I think that he has one kit made up and in inventory now. I have no financial interest in his business.

I recall that it cost me $1,000. for the setup. I do not think that Ross is distributing the kit so PM me if you want more details.